This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D15 wiring diagram

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kddrck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D15 wiring diagram
    Posted: 19 Jul 2022 at 1:01pm
D15 series I
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for one wire alternator? Thanks. 
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2022 at 1:13pm
this is the wire diagram for a 3 wire... If you use a 1 wire, the twin spade plug on the side will have a cap on it, and all you do is connect the BIG LUG wire on the back to charge the battery..... the other two spades are connected INTERNAL. .... i personally prefer the 3 wire design.

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
brodman2007 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brodman2007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2023 at 10:49pm
Sorry I’m late to this discussion. I have a series one D15 that I want convert over to. The image you gave is now unavailable. It won’t let me see it. Is there any way you someone could repost it or email it to me. Thank you!!
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2023 at 10:49am
As Steve mentioned, go with the three wire. Leave the one wire Alt's to the Hotrods and Automobiles. Most one wire units need 1200-1400 rpm in order to excite the VR to start the charging process. The older engines do not like to be revved up. They work at low rpms. Wiring an Alternator in 3 wire form, immediately starts the charging process over 450-500 rpm. That's where those old engines like it. LOW. Three wire is the way to go for Tractors. Another safety item to add to the wiring system is a Voltmeter to replace the Ammeter. Ammeters and Alternators do not mix! If a short occurs on board the Tractor the voltage regulator will ramp the Alternator up in a nanosecond and try to overcome the draw. (short) The weak link (and dangerous) in the system is the Ammeter. Where's the Ammeter located? Usually between your legs. Don't need a fire there!! Ammeters are a flow meter. It needs full current through it in order to tell you something. A Voltmeter splices into the system and gives accurate charge rates and let's you know what's going on in the electrical system safely. The main reason why Detroit took them out of Automobiles years ago.....  HTH
Steve@B&B

39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2023 at 12:18pm
you have a couple options with a DELCO alternator or a DENSO mini type alternator. Either will work, just needs a different RESISTOR on the signal wire to excite it to charge..... if you want a one wire, then the two spade terminals on top are not used.. Just one BIG wire to the amp meter.... You can also use a VOLT METER or the original Amp Meter... here are a couple options.. We can narrow it down once you decide which way to go..... This is GENERIC and not specific to the D15.

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2023 at 12:25pm
This is a very common 3 wire alternator ( also available in 1 wire)...  another option is the DELCO CS130 which is much smaller than the "OLD" Delco 10SI

brodman2007 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brodman2007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2023 at 7:10pm
Thank you so much everyone. This should help me a lot.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic