This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CA Side/Rear weights

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reeseholler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CA Side/Rear weights
    Posted: 20 Nov 2010 at 10:51pm
Hello,
I'm trying to find the side and rear weights for my CA that I"m almost done restoring. I have looked at all kinds of parts yards and ads and can't seem to find any. I'd like to plow and I was looking for a little extra weight for the front and for the back. I know they're few and far between but does anybody know another good place to look or know anybody that might have them?
Thanks,
Brandon
Sponsored Links

dhs View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dhs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2010 at 6:15am
I have a couple sets of side weights left if you are still looking. I'm located in upstate NY.
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2010 at 6:50am
As soon as Ed gets back from hunting on I will see if he still has some .Last week he had a stack of rear ones and some side engine weights .He is just 10 miles east of me above East Berlin. Will PM you with his Phone # when he gets home .
Right now i have have some in storage that I sold last Jan.
Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2010 at 8:25am

A alternative method to add rear wheel weights to a CA involves swaping out the CA wheels and spin out rims for D10 stamped wheels and 4 loop rims. Easy to find Farmall A weights fit the D10 wheel perfect because they are exactly the same wheel as a A.

A bit more weight could be added by useing cast Farmall A wheels with the A weights. Add water in the tires on top of that and go plowing
Reeseholler View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reeseholler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2010 at 2:54pm
Thanks guys. I'm looking to put the new breed of calcium chloride (now magnesium chloride) in the tires for added weight also. It had calcium in it from the time it left the dealer (sept 11 1953) and I was told when my great grandfather dropped the plows in his fields he had a bit of trouble. I'm not sure if I have the large or small set of plows for the CA but I'm sure I could use all the extra weight I can get.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic