This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ugh my wife

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kurt WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ugh my wife
    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 2:12pm
Don’t know where they get their ideas from but geez! So my wife tells me after all most 6 years of being married and being together more than 7.5 years that she is moving out since I won’t sell the farm or some of the land or quit farming raising Holstein bull calves and quit my off farm part time job and get a full time job or marriage is over! I don’t make enough money for her needs and wants! Even though bills do get paid and such but not enough money to build her a new house! I worked every single to get where I am since I can remember. It’s easy for her to say sell because none of this is hers family’s! I’m a proud 3rd generation on this farm! It’s hard to hear from time to time that oh you got no money compared to other 39 year olds! As she works investments and sees 1st hand what cash some have, while not seeing if they own any property or land! I guess I’m just lost as she will never understand a farmer and I probably won’t ever understand city people.
WD D17D 170 190xt 190xtIII 200 7020
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 2:34pm
Dang Kurt , I feel for you. At least you're young enough and have land ! The good Lord ain't making anymore of that, so I've been told, so do NOT sell any ! I understand the 'love of the land and family farm ties', even though I have neither. Does she have a fulltime job ? If so, she's spending ALL her money and yours and STILL wants MORE ? As long as there's no children, I'd let her walk,just get the 'paperwork' all in order ! Make it a quick and  'amiacble (sp)' split and let HER move on back to the city. Life's too short to be unhappy and stressed out for your next 40-50 YEARS !!
I KNOW the fan's going to get 'dirty' here in the next 2 months,oh, to be able to turn back the clock......
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 3:04pm
Keeping you in prayers as you go the next steps ... of convinceing her you are rich ... OR ? well the down side... One of my older brothers had a first wife who was always wanting more, also ended the marriage.  He now has a lovely bride and they are old together ... keep your head up with  your principles.
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 3:22pm

Sounds like ole Jay has hit the nail right square,,Kurt. Since you say she DOES got her own job and keeps saying that YOU don't got enough money,,,,,I'm afraid you gonna be fighting this losing battle for ever. Since you don't mention having any children, that right there is in your favor!! I wish you the best Luck,,,,with somebody else,,,,ClapClap
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 4:11pm
If it takes two paychecks to sassyfiher id say she needs another job.
Mactractor View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mactractor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 4:24pm
A farm is way harder to get hold of than a good woman is. Keep raisin them calves!
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 5:04pm
My wife looking over my shoulder said:  "You picked her, man"  She also says; #1 let her go #2 take future prospects to a tractor pull and the one that says "that looks like fun, can I do that" and wants her own tractor is a keeper Thumbs Up
 Watch my wife here
https://youtu.be/xxEUbb1qNmo

Edited by PaulB - 06 Mar 2021 at 5:06pm
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 5:05pm
Sounds like you had the farm before her so she should have no claim ti any of it's value.  I'd kick her down the road and be done with it.  If you do what she wants, she still won;t be happy and will leave you anyway.  I know from experiencing twice.  Shut off the cards, get your own bank accounts, and take care of any other necessary aspects.  Get a lawyer and get it set up, written down and then put it in front of her and ask her for her signature.  I know I sound cold, but that's caused from her attitude.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 5:34pm
Johns right , send her down the road and fast , lifes to short to not be happy - and she already told you how she feels, theres plenty of good ole fashion country gals around yet , life always falls into place
Kurt WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kurt WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 7:15pm
Thanks guys that’s what I’m thinking also! I think I could sell the whole farm and get a new job and she still wouldn’t be happy! But I don’t know if it’s just that or if it’s also she’s in lots of pain a lot of times! Yes we don’t have any kids together thank the lord!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 7:24pm
Live the great design EVERY Day Kurt, stick to your guns as to living YOUR Life as can.  Prayers up from here gets better not worse.
Strokendiesel002 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Strokendiesel002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 7:49pm
The only thing we can do in life is control our own reaction to a given situation. Wishing you and your family the best, regardless of the outcome and remember that while they may or leave a bruise, spoken words can never be unheard and unspoken words will haunt you for the rest of your life.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 8:19pm
Well, you could stay at the farm, rent out the ground, be a land lord, and get a full time job............ BUTT... would she be happy then ?  Im guessing NO .
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 8:26pm
Kurt, some very good advice has been posted already. Another thing to keep in mind is that she is not the only one that needs to be happy, your welfare needs to be taken into consideration also. Money can not make you happy, happiness is a product of joy and peace within yourself. As others have already said - cut your losses asap and find someone who is willing to treat marriage as a partnership. The farm is your heritage and no amount of money can replace that.  
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 8:30pm
I'm also taking a trip down this road,,the last 15-20 years we have just been roommates, and nothing more,we got to where we done nothing together, including huggy/kissy she now lives down the road....no papers worked up yet, but more than likely will be eventually..
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 8:52pm
I have been down that road. Broke my heart at the time. One of the best things to ever happen once a little time went by. I couldn't imagine being married to her at this point in my life. The drama that followed her wasn't worth it. Got Hannah 21 years  now , best move I ever made. Way better than I deserve and enjoys most everything I do. We are like Peas and Carrots! Prayers for you, it gets easier as time goes on.God Bless!
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 9:05pm
OK, we all probably know the answer to this but....

re: I don’t make enough money for her needs and wants!

Put the 'shoe on the other foot'.
What would she say if you said,'honey YOU need to pay for the barn repairs cause the big bull got upset'.
Would SHE actually PAY the bill ?

Also take pictures with date in them of everything,every room, every angle, NOW...for future reference. I've found the better prepared I was for a 'battle', I never HAD to go to battle.

Alex09(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex09(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 9:29pm
Man that sucks! Sorry to hear of your troubles Kurt! The guys on here have voiced their opinions but keep in mind that your own take on the situation is blinded by your love for her! Even loving her partially will not allow you to see the situation from an independent 3rd party point of view.

You need to confide in someone you trust, an unbiased 3rd party, who has known you since before you met your wife and ask them to give you their honest take on the situation. They will know the situation, you, and her, better than we do! As humans, when we are in love, we cannot see the whole picture because our personal feelings get in the way of making decisions that otherwise would be based on facts and logic.

www.awtractor.com
A&W TRACTOR 920-598-1287
KEEPING ALLIS-CHALMERS IN THE FIELDS THROUGH THE 21ST CENTURY
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 4:38am
Had a friend that had a 600 acre family farm.
Sold it all off gradually to try and make her happy with money.
She's bailed when it ran out and he's in bad health because the stress ate him alive.
Best of luck in what you choose to do.

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 4:40am
best legal advice I can give, is to not ask for legal advice, over the home computer.  Her atty will do a search, to see what you have been up to here, and on other sites, so if the time comes, everything said here, will be part of the record...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 6:21am
GREAt ! In that case, her atty will know if he don't act accordingly I got a piece of lead waiting for him

dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 6:52am
Been there done that for the exact same reasons. You already got the best advice get her name off every credit card you can. She sounds like she doesn't know what will make her happy. Lawyers will try to make it nasty. I would try to come with a settlement through divorce mediation if you can do that in Wisconsin
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 7:12am
hmm, get it done PDQ otherwise the only winners will be the lawyers.......
 you get all the pain, they get all YOUR money

modirt View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 9:27am
Gene Watson......."Fourteen Caret Mind".

Concept is an old one......subject of songs, movies and was a central theme in many old TV westerns. Best to cut your losses.

Good news is the right partner is out there....you just have not found her yet.
JTOOL View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JTOOL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 11:03am
Sorry for your situation Kurt. I pray that you and your wife can work things out. Man, marriage is hard. My bride and I celebrated our 25th anniversary this past June and to be honest, more often than not, we are a freaking dumpster fire. But, we keep going. The band Casting Crowns has a song called Broken Together that kind of describes our situation. I'll try and post the link. Hope this helps.

john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 11:47am
Originally posted by Michael V (NM) Michael V (NM) wrote:

I'm also taking a trip down this road,,the last 15-20 years we have just been roommates, and nothing more,we got to where we done nothing together, including huggy/kissy she now lives down the road....no papers worked up yet, but more than likely will be eventually..

Get it done!  A friend never bothered to and he got took for a ride when he finally had to get it done.  Even tho they'd been apart about 25 years, she got half of everything, including his retirement!  I was totally shocked that a person would do that, but that's life.  My two were very amicable and everything went smooth, I hope you can too!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
DanWi View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 11:54am
A little divorce humor, There was a good size grain farmer and the family did some tractor pulling with a couple different vehicles, so his wife want a divorce. They had 2 comparable parcels of land he tells her she can take her pick of either one as there was a $1,000,000 borrowed against each one, this was in the 1980's so the million seemed like a little more money then, She could have her half.Wink
festus51 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote festus51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 11:56am
Sounds just like my EX.   Hated the farm .   I had to buy my land back from her.  That was 15 years ago.  I am so happy now  even though it was expensive.

I would open the door for her and I would file for divorce first. 

Been there, good luck

We the unwilling Led by the unqualified Doing the impossible for the Ungrateful
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by modirt modirt wrote:

Gene Watson......."Fourteen Caret Mind".

Concept is an old one......subject of songs, movies and was a central theme in many old TV westerns. Best to cut your losses.

Good news is the right partner is out there....you just have not found her yet.

A request?Wink

Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Kurt WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kurt WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

Well, you could stay at the farm, rent out the ground, be a land lord, and get a full time job............ BUTT... would she be happy then ?  Im guessing NO .

You know I gave up all rented ground and even rented out the back half of the farm for the last 3 years as a way to calm her down before already. Just kept enough for the feeding the calves. 2 years ago was a bad year for straw so you know it we needed to buy some and it was like I was spending her money to keep the calves bedded down. So I cut back on calves so then we could travel more and went for a week to Kentucky. Yet not enough money for her new house!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic