This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis u

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis u
    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 3:52pm
Hi all
Iam new to the forum and this is my first post so thought I would post a picture of my allis u
Thanks dale
Sponsored Links

LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 7:52pm
hey, welcome to the site! Dang, that thing looks heavy. You'll find lot's of help if you plan to pretty it up, and a lot members say they like them left in their work clothes, just make it run good. Have fun!!!!!     Leon
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 5:58am
Dale,
 Welcome to the Allis Forum. Great looking tractor. What is the year? What are your plans for it?
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Dale uk View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 11:42am
Thanks leon and chris
The plans are to leave as it is just oil it up and use it
It has a serial number 1745
Thanks dale
GreenOrange View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenOrange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 12:48pm
Very nice tractor, and love the plan to leave it as-is.  It is definitely a later model, so you are missing one digit on the serial number.  It looks late enough that it probably has the 46" rear steel wheels too.
Dale uk View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 1:23pm
Hi
I have cleaned and no trace of another number but will check again
Thanks dale
Dale uk View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2020 at 4:31pm
Hi all
Hope you all had a good Christmas
We had another play with the allis u today
Got it running but not to well
Would anyone have the jet settings for the carburetor and also what is a good spark plug to use
I had a bit of a scrape by the serial number and may be a 3 at the end but very very faint
All the best and stay safe
Dale
allisrutledge View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 7:25pm
You may need to check the tube in the manifold. It will get rust holes and allow it to pull air in after the carb.
Allis Chalmers still exist in my mind and barns
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 7:29pm
Thank you for posting a picture of your U.   We appreciate pictures from around the world.   I wonder how it got overseas.   Was it a WW2 tractor?
Dale uk View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 6:26am
Hi all
I bought it off the widow of a young guy who sadly passed away he owned quite a few early tractors and also owned an early allis u which had already been sold when I picked up mine
All she could tell me was he bought it at auction in the uk and not much else.
The serial number is 1745 and what looks like maybe a 3 at the end but very faint and not sure if there is a number at the end
Thanks for reply's
Dale

everett048 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote everett048 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 7:36am
Dale have pmd you.
ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 8:33am
Dale, Thanks  for the picture. Always good to see what others are doing with their AC's. Hope we see some more as you go along with your project. Maybe you will get to use it in the spring? Russell.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 10:25am
Good to see Everett contacting Dale since they are "neighbors"

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 10:49am
Just wonderful that Dale posted the pictures and info on his Allis U. I believe I would drive that too!Smile Keep learning and tuning. I bet you will get it running better. You might try Pfouts Family Farm (listed below) for parts too.  Mark and his Dad have a vast collection of nice old Allis tractors!
 Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Dale uk View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 2:30pm
Hi all
We had another play around today and got it running really well
After playing around with the carburetor settings and resetting the float level now she is running very smooth and idling really well
So thanks to you all for your advice
The plan is to oil it all up take it to shows and to lightly use it on my farm.
Thanks again dale
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 8:13pm
Dale,
 We will need more pictures!
 Regards,
 Chris
Dale uk View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 10:28am
Chris
As soon as weather gets better I'll post pictures and video of it out and about
Dale
Chad(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chad(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 10:54am
Welcome Dale. Looks great. Provisions for electric start? I see leftovers from the radiator curtain still there? Good luck and keep us posted
Dale uk View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 11:17am
Hi Chad
there are no provisions for electric start on the tractor
We are in the process of making a new radiator curtain at the moment
Dale
Dale uk View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 1:14pm
Hi all
I have just sat thinking does anyone reproduce original style oil filter elements to fit the u the one I have has a hole and leaking oil i have a modern one to go on but would love an original style one
Thanks dale
Dale uk View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 2:24pm
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 8:42pm
Dale UK,  Sorry I am sum-what late but let me welcome our "friend from across the pond" to the Unofficial Allis Chalmers forum. 
Delighted to see your U.  Nice looking unit.  We sold a few.  Powerful unit.  Great on belt or PTO.  They were used a lot in our area for heavy ensilage work and Thrasher pulling and driving. 
Look forward to talking with you later.
Good  Luck!
Bill Long
Dale uk View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 2:06am
Thanks bill
I have been after one for years and finally found one last summer
Hope this summer to have it out to shows and use a bit on my land.
Have a few little jobs to do to it such as free off the brake and make a new brake band make radiator curtain and a good clean and oil it up.
Then hope to start working on my steel wheel allis b or a allis power unit that we recently got
Thanks dale
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 5:44am
Dale,
The weather looks a lot like Erie PA. Good shot of the U and Massey! You have traction problems with the U in this weather??
Thanks for the picture! You have some projects!
 Regards,
Chris
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 9:08am
I make grill screens for the Massy Harris, like in the picture.

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 10:31am
Dale UK, Delighted to hear that you also have my favorite Allis Chalmers Tractor - the B.
Looks like you are taking good care of it.  Thanks!
Good Luck!
Bill Long
Dale uk View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 12:14pm
Hi all
Chris traction wasn't to bad at all but going back down the yard was a bit more fun
Dusty we have had the massey for a while and just started playing around properly with it but may be interested in a screen i the near future
Bill i have 2 allis b's one now axle serial number 12400 on steel which is a box of parts which is next in the workshop in the next few weeks to get done for the summer but got a Massey harris pacemaker to sort first and have a 49 b made over here in the uk which my grandfather bought in the 60's he had the choice of a u or a b and chose the b because it was cheaper
Thanks all dale
Does anyone no if any old style oil filter elements are being reproduced
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 12:35pm
are you talking about a generic can filter like the FRAM 159 , or are you talking about a visual "duplicate" of the original.

Edited by steve(ill) - 12 Jan 2021 at 12:38pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Dale uk View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 12:53pm
Hi Steve
Sorry I was talking about a visual duplicate
Thanks dale
Dale uk View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 4:25pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic