This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Since others are sharing.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Since others are sharing.
    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 4:22pm
I just finished my cancer treatments about a week ago.  25 Radiation sessions and 2 - 5 day chemo sessions,  The radiation was about 15 minutes per session, heck the drive there and back was worse.  They were every workday so the holidays stretched it out to almost six weeks. 

The chemo was new to me.  They gave me a fanny pack, a pump and a bag of chemo.  I carried it everywhere for five days while that little pump kept a steady stream of that chem going into me 24 hours a day.  I had 2 sessions with that stuff.  The first session, before they hooked me up to the pump, they pushed three large tubes of some purple crap into me.  I figured at one time my heart was completely full of that crap.  I got a port installed.  They had a mock up of the thing and where the tube was routed.  The tube was connected to the large vein that goes into the heart.

After the first session, my tongue swelled up and I was biting both sides of it.  It hurt so much I could hardly talk!  They told me to gargle with salt water with baking soda added, and gave me a prescription for some mouth wash that numbed my mouth.

On the plus side, my oncologist is just the cutest little blonde I've seen in a while.Smile

The tumor was in a location that made it impossible for them to even get a biopsy.  I go back in for an appointment next Friday the 31st.  I get a blood draw before I see the doc.  The Rad doc said that he and her would tag team me for awhile to see what happens.  Right now I don't know if I'm cancer free or not, but I ain't holding out hope it won't come back!

This all started back in early 18 when i found out I had bladder cancer.  They took out my bladder and prostate.  The surgeon said all of the cancer came out with the organs.  He also mentioned a couple times that it was still in my blood stream.  So I was prepared for a return, but not in only 16 months. 

I guess right now I'm living on borrowed time and the end is near!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Sponsored Links

Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 4:37pm
Sounds like you have been through the proverbial wringer. Prayers for continued health and that cancer is gone for at least several years. God Bless.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 6:56pm
Prayers John. Man you just never know what folks are going through, that "be ye kind one to another," thing goes a long ways.
Maximum use of available resources!
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 7:14pm
John, prayers that the radiation and chemo will get rid of ALL the cancer and you have many more good years on this earth. Don't give up yet, God may still have things for you to do here. But if not and you have accepted Christ as your Savior the best is yet to come.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 7:38pm
A LOT of prayers are coming your way John.  If we could spend HALF of the money the govt. is spending on trying to impeach Trump, there might be a cure.
It seems that when the open you up, that's when the cancer spreads.  It's kind of like a fire, give it air and poof.
I think like Hubert, and I'm hoping God has a reason for keeping you here.  At least I'm praying for that.  Here's to you!! Beer
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 7:30pm
Thank for sharing so we can ask the Lord to lighten the load your carrying. We never know what the Lord has is store for us,but he dose tell us to ask for help.
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 7:53pm
John,
 I am sincerely hoping that you are cancer free after these treatments. You have been through a lot in a few short years. Stay strong! It sounds like you have good doctors. 
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 8:14pm
I hope John your cancer is gone!
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 9:13pm
Funny how all else just falls away when someone says the word "([{cancer}])". Keep us informed of how things are going. For all of the times in between when it feels like it is just you against the hellish treatments and cures that doctors have to offer; remember; prayers from the Allis Page,  prayers of Iowa. Hope is the anchor for the soul.  
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 10:41pm
John, we are all, everyone of us, living on borrowed time! The question is how are we living it.
Are we living it denying Christ, or for Christ. You posted recently about hate. I assume then you are living with love. That is fantastic! But do you know that none of us can live that life of love perfectly? no one! 'for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God' And, we are taught in the Bible, "be ye therefor perfect, as your Father in Heaven is perfect". That is the passing grade into Heaven, 100%! nothing less is acceptable. Good works won't cut it. You can be nice and love all your neighbors all the time, but say an angry word or have an angry thought one time, and you have failed altogether. It is impossible for a man to earn, or work his way into Heaven. And, BTW, the alternative to Heaven is outright horrifying!

So, with such a seemingly impossible situation, what can we do? Nothing, but God did it for us, God gave His only Son to live wholly as man, live a perfect life, the perfect life that is required of all of us, but we failed at, and then pay the price for all of our sins on the cross. Not only a horrible physical death, but a mental anguish, a spiritual anguish, beyond all human understanding in the separation and rejection of the Father for a season in the grave. But God the Father raised Him up from the grave on the third day and set Him as King over all.
John here is the takeaway from all this. Jesus offers all true perfection and forgiveness, if we only believe and accept. Free! We cannot work, or earn our way into Heaven...we cannot do it good enough to qualify. But Jesus gives it to us for free! Christians are called upon to do good works, but not to save themselves, but out of gratitude and out of an obedience to God's Word. "For it by Grace you have been saved through faith, and that, not of yourselves, it is a gift of God, not of good works, least any man should boast" " For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do"

None of us are leaving this earth, and entering Heaven without acknowledging Gods sovereignty. No matter how 'good' a life we lived.

So, where do we go from here? well, if one hasn't already done so, bow your head, close your eyes and speak to God, Jesus is your intercessor ("no one comes to the father, but through me") If you truly believe He is the one true God, and truly believe His Son is Jesus, you acknowledge that. If you believe you are a sinner, and, if you truly, in your heart, believe Jesus can save you, you acknowledge that, confess you are a sinner, ask for forgiveness of your sins and openly accept that free gift.

John, I don't know how much more time you...or I or anyone else for that matter, have on this earth. But I can tell you this. If you truly believe what the Word of God says, specifically what I have just explained, and prayed the prayer as I suggested, then the time left here on this earth becomes less important. You live your remaining time here to please God, to do His work, to tell others how He changed your life. But, leaving here, and going to glory is so much better. That's when happiness really begins. no more sorrows, no more tears. no more fear, no more pain. Only basking in the light and glory of God!
PM me if you wish to discuss and I, and I am sure, many others right here on this forum are praying for you
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 9:40am
AMEN! Well said, Lou. And every word is true! Jesus is THE WAY, THE TRUTH and THE LIFE and no one comes to the Father but through Him.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 12:29pm
I will keep you in my prayers John , keep up the good fight .
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 1:02pm
Prayers! God Bless!
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 1:19pm
Thank you, all of you for your kind words.

I am doctoring with the University of Michigan Hospital, so I believe I am receiving the best care available!  Everyone I have encountered has been wonderful in their treatment of my body and mind.  My original surgeon seemed to be genuinely upset when we met last when he passed me off to a new Dr. 

My Radiation Dr. made a comment when I was asking about my cancer.  He stated different cancers and where they may spread to.  He stated that prostate cancer rarely ever goes to the brain.  I responded that that was probably due to a persons brain always being so close to the prostate for most of their life!LOL  He got quite a chuckle out of my observation!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 1:54pm
Prayers for you John. Hopefully they got it all and the treatments are to keep it from spreading. My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer in the fall of 2017, 2018 was chemo and raidiation, her was like yours they removed it and the chemo and raidiation was to keep it from spreading. She had blood drawn today and goes to the doctor Thursday for the results which we are praying shows her to be cancer free
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 4:29pm
Prayers for you John! I know the struggle is ruff! I am still fighting this prostate cancer removal thingy, so I know first hand what you are going thru!
I will tell you what they told me,---git tuff, git pizzed off, and hang in there!
Take care buddy!
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 1:45am
Prayers for you John  I was diagnosed with a rare form of leukemia in 2016 and when I had that chemo for a full week.  I was so sick I couldn't move.  I tried to work a couple of hours each day but when I came home that door into my house looked like it was 10 miles away not 10 feet.  I was declared cancer free in December of 2016 and my counts have been great for three years now.  I know what you mean on borrowed time..  Every time I get sick or not feeling well I start to feel a rising concern and get to the doctor.  Prating for you and wish for only the best  We have to remember God works in mysterious ways.  God Bless  Wayne
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 3:20am
John...you are in our thoughts and prayers too. stay strong!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic