This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pre-Snap Coupler WD Plows

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pre-Snap Coupler WD Plows
    Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 10:54pm
I see two different types of plows for WDs before the Snap Coupler system came along. One has a sort of duckbill end that gets pinned in ("pin hitch," right?) and the older version attaches to the existing drawbar (WD Pickup Plow). See this thread for pictures of both: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/information-on-1948-wd-with-mounted-plow_topic116211.html

My questions:

1. Will either version work on a WD that hasn't been converted to Snap Coupler? I'd like to keep my eye out for one and I don't want to buy one that won't work, if that's the case.

2. Anybody know about what year AC switched versions? My December 1954 moldboard plow parts catalog details both, but I can't tell when they changed other than likely sometime between '49 and '53.
1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
Sponsored Links

Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 6:33pm
Either one will work on a WD. A pin hitch will also work on one thats neen converted to a snap coupler. I have used a teo bottom pin hitch on my WD45 just pull the pin and slide the snapcoupler bell out snd pinthe plow on. If you stick a short piece of broom stick in the snapcoupler its easy to put it back on.just hold it up use the pin to push the broomstick out. If the wd has been converted the bail will fall off if you try using a pickup plow.
wjohn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 9:25pm
Thank you. I'll keep an eye out for a 2-bottom of either version for my WD.
1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic