This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hitachi now owns Metabo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hitachi now owns Metabo
    Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 6:26am
For a time everything will remain the same except the name.
Sponsored Links

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 8:54am
 Metabo makes a great 4 1/2" grinder with a lot of cohones,,,,,My younger Brother got one at a back yard sale for $5 cause it was locked up and gave it to me. I took the gear drive apart and the lock for removing the wheels had got stuck, freed it up and good as new. Don't know what the amps is on motor, but it a hog,,,,Clap
bryani289swmi View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryani289swmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 5:17pm
This happen awhile back.

Hitachi Power Tools is Now Metabo HPT
Hitachi Power Tools will be known as Metabo HPT from starting October 17th, 2018 as the company transitions away from the rest of the Hitachi group. Back in 2017, Hitachi bought out Metabo to bring the German manufacturer on board. Shortly after, investment firm KKR purchased the power tool division of Hitachi.

While rebranding is always news, it usually doesn’t come with such a big break from the original brand name. For Hitachi, moving to Metabo HPT is significant across their entire tool line, but possibly none more than pneumatic nailers. The nailer line is so popular that Hitachi enjoys nearly 80% of the market share in some areas. Pros that are used to the Hitachi name and the apprentices they’re training might have a moment’s hesitation when they see a different name on the package.
Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollowpoints explode on impact.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 10:20am
In a deal valued at approximately $180 million dollars (22.1 billion yen), Hitachi Koki has acquired Metabo. The deal includes acquisition of Power Tool Invest B.V. - the parent company based in the Netherlands that formerly owned 80% of Metabo stock - as well the 10% stake owned by the founding family and 10% owned by Metabo executives and employees based in Germany. The deal is expected to be completed in March 2016.

Metabo is well-known for high-quality cordless and corded concrete-, masonry- and steel-working tools, with a handful of woodworking tools, including the KGS 305 12-inch miter saw. Metabo was the first on the market with a 5.0 Ah battery for its cordless line, and its "HD" grinder was one of the first of its kind (a cordless version is out now, as well).

The acquisition obviously brings a high-level brand into the Hitachi fold, but primarily it provides a bigger footprint for Hitachi in the European marketplace, where Metabo has wide brand recognition. In the U.S., the alliance between Hitachi and Lowes may broaden access to Metabo tools, although it's uncertain whether a big box is the best outlet for premium priced power tools.

Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 2:03pm
At least Hitachi is Japanese and not Chinese or Roc (Taiwan) for now.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by chaskaduo chaskaduo wrote:

At least Hitachi is Japanese and not Chinese or Roc (Taiwan) for now.

I agree. I’m going that direction with nail guns now days. All the Senco’s are China made and I’ve had bad luck with them.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 10:10pm
 Hey Coke,,,you did mean March 2019,,din'cha,,??Wink
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 11:29pm
I've never heard of METABO
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 11:35pm
Well if ya only go to wally world in the middle of the night with your new pooter we haven't heard about lately.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 11:37pm
I gots to learn how to run that pooter
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 11:42pm
Squeeze the sheet out of it. LOL
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 5:43am
does yers work?
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 10:54am
Which one? The one with the screen, or the one on my backside? I don't have the hand held kind that makes god awful noises. The other two are in tip top working order. Wink

Edited by chaskaduo - 27 Jan 2019 at 10:59am
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 6:45pm
Weeelllll,,,,,,,,ya all heard about not eating the yellow snow,,,,,,,,,welllll don't none of youse other guys from Minesoooti eat any of that brown snow either....
Elliot's been loose,,,,,,,,,pun intended!

"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

I've never heard of METABO

About 10 years ago in a local welding supply store had a big sale WinkWinkWink on Metabo tools. A 4 1/2 inch grinder was still $350 or something. They may be the BEST but I don't grind that much. The first little hand one I had was a Hitachi back maybe in 85 and still works good. I still have not had my hand on one,so I will have to trust LOL Joe Wink of how good it is.

I like having a thin cut off wheel,cup brush, regular brush wheel and flap wheel all mounted as well as the grinding wheel. So I got them cheap ans you all brag about and figure they would last good on light duty Smile wire brushing stuff. Well next thing the kid had the cheap ones in the shop Angry at his place and was hoggen metal off Ouch stuff with a grinding wheel, ConfusedConfusedConfusedand telling me they are all broke. S.o now there are 3 Dewalt and 2 Skill and my Hitachi and maybe 1 HF. And they only cost about 1 and 1/2 Metabo's would.

Edited by Ray54 - 27 Jan 2019 at 7:36pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic