This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Differt post, radio station

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Differt post, radio station
    Posted: 24 May 2018 at 3:55pm
I did this so not to hi-jack the am radio post. 
So, in Pittsburgh is KDKA 1020 am.  The first radio station to broadcast over the air way back before my time!  They say that they push out 50k watts and through the night, with the right weather conditions, they can be heard in 37 states.

So lets to a challenge, and let me know if you can find it, hear it, and count them up!!

Thanks, Dave
Sponsored Links

Dave in PA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 4:26pm
OPPS!! I should have posted  different??  I can't spell!!!!!  HELP ME OUT!!! lol

And PA is the first state, I can get it and hear it!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 4:35pm
Here's some help on spelling.  LOL

The European Commission has just announced an agreement where-by the official language of the

European Union (EU) will now be English, rather than German which was the other possibility.

As part of the negotiations, Her Majesty's Government conceded that English spelling had some

room for improvement and has accepted a five-year phase in plan that will be known as

"EuroEnglish."

In the first year, "S" will replace the soft "C." Sertainly, this will make the sivil servants

skip with joy. The hard "C" will be dropped in favor of the "K." This should klear up konfusion

and keyboards kan have one less letter.

In the sekond year, there will be growing publik enthusiasm when the troublesome "PH" will be

replaced with the "F." This will make words like fotograf 20% shorter.

In the third year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage

where more komplikated changes are possible. Government will enkorage the removal of double

letters, which have always been a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horible

mes of the silent "E" in the languag is disgrasful, and they should go away.

By the 4th yar, peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "TH" with "Z" and "W" with "V."

During ze fifz yar, ze unesesary "O" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "OU" and similar changs

vud of kurs be aplid to ozer kombinations of leters.

After zis fifz yar, ve vil hav a reli sensibl riten styl. Zer vil be no mor trubts or difikultis

and evrivun wil find it ezi tu understand ech ozer.

ZE DREM VIL FINALI KUM TRU!!!

1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 7:39am
Hmmmmmmm.... No German huh that's pretty similar to the way people text these days
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 11:21am
Never heard it in Colorado.  Used to listen to KLMO in OK City, in Western Colorado almost in Utah.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
wfmurray View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wfmurray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 3:29pm
Some years ago we had a station WAGY that said it was one hundred thousand watt hozernal and veteral(bad spelling).Wondered who listen to the one going up .Think they are about 500 watt now.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 2:17am
o-k….i'll go out to my truck and see.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 4:42am
couldn't pick that one up, but did a dif station
Ben (MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben (MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 6:34pm
I have listened to KDKA in Southwestrn Lower Michigan many times.
Part time farming with a 1980 7060 and 1984 F3 hydro.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic