This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Does anybody have a,,,,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does anybody have a,,,,,,,
    Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 1:23pm

I know,,I know,,this ain't the classifieds but I looked at the first 5 pages of the classifieds and did not see any trk ads,,so I figured to get more "looks" here,,,,
I got a bit of a problem as the 1992 Ranger I'm workin on has an almost impossible to find ECM. I done tried Ebay, Craigs List, and Search Tempest and just left the ford house in Roswell, (which is in the process of changing owners and most of the parts people done left so NO HELP there). I talked to a guy at RockAuto and he tells me the ECM's they sell are REMAN units an cannot guarantee theirs will be the same or interchange OR work,,,!! Seems the 1991-1994 Rangers with the 3.0 V6 W/automatic and 2WD are kinda odd in that they require the EXACT ECM in order to work. I bought a Reman at O'Reillys and had to return because it would not trigger the fuel pump.
What I need is an ECM out of a 1991-1994 Ranger XLT Extended Cab with 3.0, Automatic, 2WD. If anybody got one they want to sell,,,Please PM me. Takes bout 5 minutes to remove.
Sponsored Links

allisrutledge View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 1:57pm
I ask my mechanic and he sujested to check the fuel safety switch under a kick panel on the passenger side. You may need to Google it to find where it is. Hope this helps
Allis Chalmers still exist in my mind and barns
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 5:50pm
LMAO....serves ya right! you ferd lover!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 5:52pm
oh yeah.....(poke,poke,poke)
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 6:05pm

Well,,,Shameless,,,,I have NO IDEA,,"WHY" I thought I could sneak this by your ever sharp eyes,,,I KNOW you always see them green things "behind" other member's pics and even them Fords too,,,,But I had to try anyway,,,,
I,,,,,I,,,,,I'll do better next time,,,HEY,,,you got one of them Rangers like I need along thet south fence,,,I can barely see something behind thet bunch of trees,,,,,,
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 6:10pm

Hey AllisRutledge,,,I had already checked thet inertia switch under the carpet. What it is,,,the Computor (ECM) has a glitch in that when you crank the engine, it does not trigger the signal to the inertia switch,,so it can send a signal to the fuel pump to start pumping.
Thanks for the comeback,,,,
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 6:18pm
I went through that same chit with a 94 couple of years ago. You have to get the OE numbers off the old ECM and match it up that way. Can't just throw one in there.
They are out there just have to look and may take awhile. Stay away from ebay reman.
Went through 3 before I got a good one.

Open it up and look at how many capacitors are bad or where the board is burnt just to verify that is the issue.

Not a Ferd lover Shameless.....People drop this chit in my lap and ask for miracles.
Azzhole is getting wore out from pulling the 'miracles' out of it.
I think I finally found one from Napa and it's still in there and doing ok.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 6:27pm

Yeah Fixer,,That is what the one parts guy left at the ford place told me that the 91-94 Rangers kinda had an inherrant issue with the ECMs being one of a kind and It HAD to be an exact copy of what came from the factory. And guess what,,,,,,,The ECM I took out of trk is a "Reman",,,,and the numbers on it,,do not match what the factory says it gots to have.
Steve M Ind View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve M Ind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 6:44pm
Might try flashmasters.com
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 7:45pm

Thanks Steve,,,,I checked em out and they only go back to 1997 models,,,,,Thanks,,,
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 11:42pm
by-pass it
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 1:23am
One for moms trk came from someplace in Kentucky. But that is as close as I can get you. I did not do the work, mechanic closed up shop a couple of years ago.
Jordan(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jordan(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 5:56am
allisrutledge View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 7:00am
Joe, sorry to say but I'm not a big Ford fan myself,it's so easy to help them as there are so many Ford owners in need. Haha just kidding. Seriously there is a shop here that fixes those its called ASI. website is www.autoecu.com phone is 1 866 983 6688 . there is others that do this type of repair and there may be one closer to you. Good luck ,Scott
Allis Chalmers still exist in my mind and barns
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 8:51am
Parts geek and flagship one both have them listed as in stock you have to provide vin # when ordering.
marion View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 10:39pm
i got one out of florida
1-866-699-5230

came programmed to my vin #
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2018 at 12:25pm

Hey,,AllisRutledge, DakotaDave, and Marion,,Thanks Guys but I guess my old trk is way more older than me,,,,, Chit,,,maybe older than ole Les and JC,,,, One of the outfits did go back to 1995 but way different than my old clunker being a 1992.
Hey Jordan,,I have checked out a few of the yards on Car-Part.com but they all tell me No Warrenty on electrical stuff, what they do is send you another one if first one don't work,,,,Problem is,,you got to pay for shipping both ways even if it don't work. It will fit in a flat rate box but still $18 every time. I'm on a waiting list with Amazon but they ain't got a clue when places like RockAuto and A1Cardone will supply them one,,,,
Shore wish ole Shameless would go check out his stash,,,,,,
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2018 at 11:03pm
if there's one ona combine, I prolly gots sum!
Les Royer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Les Royer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 5:19am
I know sommeone with a couple ole rangers sittin arond.  I give him a call
I still gots my A/C but it's clear out in the barn now.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 9:37am
Originally posted by Les Royer Les Royer wrote:

I know sommeone with a couple ole rangers sittin arond.  I give him a call

UMMmmm,,,Les,,,have you made the call,,,,yet,,???
OK,,I'll wait another 15 minutes,,,,,,
Clay View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 9:44am
LKQ               https://www.lkqpickyourpart.com/

Rock Auto       https://www.rockauto.com/
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 6:30am

Well,,,after much looking and checking and even more lookin,,,I finally got ole Shameless' Big Bad (Ford) Ranger running like a top,,,I'll swear this sob like'ed to throw me for a loop,,,I've never and I mean never had so much of an issue trying to get one started like this ford,,,and,,,and,,,this may be my last ford,,,er,,,maybe just one more,,,I still got ole Shameless' Big Bad Bronco II to finish up.
Turns out,,this trk has at least a half a dozen ground wires and the only'ist one that kept engine from running is the one the PO had cut and left hangin there,,,,Fixer,,,you ever have one like this,,?? Anyway,,aince ole Shameless ain't wantin it,,the trk is setting out by the fence next to highway waitin on it's new owner,,,

Now on the Bronco II, I'm evacuating the A/C system to charge it with new compressor oil and R-134 and it will be ready to park by Highway.

AJ,,,this one is waiting on you,,,,,,!!! remember,,??

OK,,,THAD,,,NOW,,I am really headed after "Ole RED",,,, so far this week,,I've turned down 3 jobs cause I am going to finish thet 55 before I take on any more projects,,,there,,I said it,,,!!!!

CHIT,,It prolly gonna take me a week to get all the junk out of the back seat where I can roll the car out of garage,,,I'm thinkin I'm gonna put a spark in the engine and post it here to see what ya'll think aboot 2 MPG sounds like,,,,,

Edited by desertjoe - 25 Apr 2018 at 8:39am
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 8:15am
me founds another bumper yesterday while looking for other treasures...think it might have came off one of my vans. it looks like it's all there....one piece....right?
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 8:40am

I'm on my way,,,,,,,,,
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 8:57am
bring doggy treats!
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

OK,,,THAD,,,NOW,,I am really headed after "Ole RED",,,, so far this week,,I've turned down 3 jobs cause I am going to finish thet 55 before I take on any more projects,,,there,,I said it,,,!!!!

CHIT,,,,,,,
Now were talkin. I cant wait fer ole Shameless to see me driving ole Red

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

bring doggy treats!

well now,,,,bout them treats we prolly oughta start a thread bout them,,,maybe I can come up on some that my dang picky, picky Yorkies will eat with some degree of regularity. I KNOW I have bought some of every dang doggie treat that Walmart carries and most generally they might eat 2-3 and then they turn their heads when I try to give em some more. A couple of the utility places that have drive up windows for bill payin always give me some treats and I now wait til I drive off so they won't see these ungrateful pooches turn em down,,,,!!
I told the wife that if it was up to me,,,I could break em from these bad habits,,,cause,,,,cause,,,if they don't eat what I buy,,,,,,they gonna go hungry,,,that right there never fails but the wife won't let me try,,,,,   
OH,,and Thad,,,I gotta start savin money for gasoline as thet 406 gots a terrible thirst for petrol and thet 16 gallon tank just don't go too far,,,,thinkin of takin the Tunnel Ram off and go with a Holley Strip Dominator and a 800 DP Holley,,,Ya think,,,???
I'm waitin to see ole Shameless' eyes when you stomp on the loud pedal for a couple of blocks,,,,Chit,,,I'll bet he really be snickerin and yelling " Go Faster,,Go Faster,,,,,cain't you just hear him,,,????
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 12:05am
well...Joe...gits you sum baby carrots, steam them, puts in the fridge, our little and big pups love them, and have loved them for years. plus they is all natural and safe. don't feed them when they is hot.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 12:06am
the carrots I mean, hot from steaming them.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 4:16am

"" don't feed them when they is hot. ""
Chit,,Shameless,,,I laughed bout this for a while,,,,till I figured out you wasn't talkin bout,,,,the "other" hot,,,,
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic