This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Simplicity Broadmoor deck clutch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobkyllo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Simplicity Broadmoor deck clutch
    Posted: 31 Aug 2017 at 8:18pm
I bought a simplicity mower last week knowing it had problems. Well they said the deck stopped working and they tried a new switch with no luck. They then suspect the clutch is bad and that's how i ended up with it. Any way I get it in the shop and test the clutch. It has continuity and continues to have continuity as I spin it. I then go to ohm feature. I have less the one ohm regardless if it's sitting still or if my helper is spinning it. That would tell me the clutch should be good. Am I correct in this assumption guys?

Next I put it all back together and run 2 jump wires from the battery to the clutch. It snaps in pretty well. It's not a hard agressive snap like my John Deere but it's decent. I know now it's probably not the clutch, correct?

Feel free to tell me if I'm wrong at any time. Next I move to the switch it's self and I get no continuity through what should be the two power prongs.

What might you guys think is wrong
Sponsored Links

rustydollar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustydollar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2017 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by bobkyllo bobkyllo wrote:

I bought a simplicity mower last week knowing it had problems. Well they said the deck stopped working and they tried a new switch with no luck. They then suspect the clutch is bad and that's how i ended up with it. Any way I get it in the shop and test the clutch. It has continuity and continues to have continuity as I spin it. I then go to ohm feature. I have less the one ohm regardless if it's sitting still or if my helper is spinning it. That would tell me the clutch should be good. Am I correct in this assumption guys?

Next I put it all back together and run 2 jump wires from the battery to the clutch. It snaps in pretty well. It's not a hard agressive snap like my John Deere but it's decent. I know now it's probably not the clutch, correct?

Feel free to tell me if I'm wrong at any time. Next I move to the switch it's self and I get no continuity through what should be the two power prongs.

What might you guys think is wrong

Adjust the air gap.
bobkyllo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobkyllo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2017 at 9:25pm
How do I do that? How much do I do? If it's got to much gap will that pull mower amps causing the switch to.burn out?
rustydollar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustydollar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2017 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by bobkyllo bobkyllo wrote:

How do I do that? How much do I do? If it's got to much gap will that pull mower amps causing the switch to.burn out?

To much gap could conceivably draw more amps, on the clutch below you see three stand offs with nuts. You'll have to check the book for gap, my Simplicity 9020 calls for .010".

See the small slot, this is where you stick the feeler gauge, make sure your rotating the clutch hub to  get at all the slots and make sure they all measure with the same gap.

Use the mower for one cutting then recheck the gap, your done.

In the 9020 manual it says not to insert the feeler gauge too deep, You just want to catch the edge of the friction plate.

Edited by rustydollar - 31 Aug 2017 at 9:50pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic