This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

7060 steering orbit motor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 7060 steering orbit motor
    Posted: 01 Jan 2017 at 7:15pm
I got the seal kit for this few weeks ago. I'm gonna get it fixed if the weather holds out and stays kinda nice here.
sooo, before I start flinging wrenches,, are there any shortcuts, do's or don't's,,..does the dash and steering wheel hafta come off?? I fixed on of these on a 190 before and, IIRC its not that difficult once ya get the steering motor out repair kit consisted of 2 O-rings and 2 packings for like $26.00,,but if they fix the leak,,,I'm happy
Sponsored Links

Ron(AB) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron(AB) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2017 at 11:21pm
Take some pictures and show us how…

We would like to learn too!
shameless (ne) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2017 at 11:25pm
take the dash out....starting in front of the radiator! (poke,poke)
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 4:16am
Originally posted by shameless (ne) shameless (ne) wrote:

good sound advice there. Darrel
victoryallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoryallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 6:07am

Another valuable post by shameless.   

I swore I was done posting on this site and just lurk but since you don't have any constructive advice here I go. You don't need to touch the dash I have done this atleast 3 times. I pulled the panel below the dash and the ones on the sides. I use colored zip ties and have a different color for each line and make a note of my color scheme. Stubby wrenches and gear ends help. Not a big job but not a comfortable one either. Them dashes are old and brittle don't touch. If you run into problems or my memory is off just PM me.
8030 and 8050MFWD, 7580, 3 6080's, 160, 7060, 175, heirloom D17, Deere 8760
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 10:55am
Don't disassemble the steering orbitrol any farther than replacing the shaft seal and O-ring. Going farther than that isn't needed.
tbran View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 1:03pm
what the Dr. is really saying is if you take it apart you will find what it is made of - then you will get to buy another one to make the tractor steer again.  Quad ring and oring that is all...
When told "it's not the money,it's the principle", remember, it's always the money..
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 2:50pm
if I didn't mess with him, he'd think I didn't love him no more!
victoryallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoryallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 6:27pm

if I didn't mess with him, he'd think I didn't love him no more!

Some of us are on here to learn not play around. Production ag is a business let's act professional.
8030 and 8050MFWD, 7580, 3 6080's, 160, 7060, 175, heirloom D17, Deere 8760
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 8:24pm
I got it done..no leaks so far...Ron I jus got some pics of a torn up tractor.....its really just nuts and bolts,,,just as the I-T manual says...its self evident....
what I really don't like is this is the 2nd time I've had to take out the NEW floor mat and take the cab-dash apart to clean up the MESS

jan2_17_001_480x640.jpgjan2_17_002_480x640.jpgjan2_17_003_640x480.jpg

Shameless,,, I started the other way,, start at the 3 pt and work to the front,,

DR. and t-bran... yea, I already knew not to go any further than just to fix the leak,,just the one small o-ring left,,,I did not see where it went,,hope I didn't F something up by not replacing it too

I ran the tractor for about 30 minutes,,,so far, no leaks...
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 8:28pm
for some reason the little tree with the up-arrow didn't work,,sorry,,click the links

crap.....
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 10:22pm
wow...you did tear a lot apart to gits to it! 
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 10:28pm
when you send me a paycheck from that production ag business, then you can tell me what to do. until then.....
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 10:34pm
I've never had to take that much tin work off any of my tractors, where does that motor sit? then again, none of mine leak....yet.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 9:35am
Yea, I prolly went a little far on sheet metal removal,,I think I didn't hafta take off the top left panel. Jus the top and bottom ones, the most difficult was the 4 bolts that hold the orbit gear to the steering column,,,add some authuritis in,,well let's just say my fingers, wrists, and shoulder letting me know about it now.. Where did I hide the Aleve....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic