This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD11 E Direct Drive

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gargoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD11 E Direct Drive
    Posted: 30 Oct 2016 at 7:33pm

Serial # 8878
I lost trans pressure. I figured that it was just the pump losing prime, as the 11 had been sitting for a while. I pulled the bleeder on the pump and nothing..

Anyway, after crawling under it, I found a rod that plunges into the front right of the trans had sheared off. Appears that the trans emptied itself out of the fitting that this rod fits into.

This rod is connected to the clutch/driveline brake and sits to the right of it, but I can't figure out what it does.
It connects to the clutch brake linkage to the right of the shortshaft. It runs back towards the trans and enters the trans on the lower right front corner. It has a fitting that I would call a plunger.

I just spent an hour on the parts manual on minnpar and I can't find anything like this. It is not include in the drawings for the clutch brake or the trans lubrication system.

Any ideas where I could look for this?

Sponsored Links

Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016 at 8:15pm
Never been around a HD11 but 5 and 9 have transmission lock that is a rod from clutch leaver to transmission. There is a rubber boot to keep oil in. The lock is activated by engaging the clutch. Is it possible that the broken rod on yours is part of a this mechanism?May only need the rubber boot to stop oil leakage.
Gargoyle View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gargoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 8:01pm
You may be right about this. When I got the dozer a couple of years ago, it was dripping there. I found a cv boot and it stopped the leak.

The shaft, which appears to be about 1/4" diameter, sheared off. In order to stop the leak, if I can't find a replacement, I'd have to cap this off somehow.

I'll head back to the minnpar parts list to see if I can find the part
Gargoyle View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gargoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 9:18pm
I went back to minnpar and found the plunger for the trans lock.  Appears that I just ordered the last one...

Thanks for the input Ray
Gargoyle View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gargoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 9:19pm
I ordered the trans lock shaft from Minnpar.. Appears to be that last one in stock .. Too bad it's the wrong one. It's about an inch and a half too short and has a blade end, rather than a point, on the end that goes into the trans.

Luckily the old one didn't fall out of the trans. I have both pieces. It appears to be cast iron.

Suppose a used one that is in one piece might be found anywhere?

gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 3:19pm
Do you have the pluger look parts #  I have some models for HD11
Gargoyle View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gargoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2016 at 8:11pm
Hi Gem
The part # appears to be 644324, based on my reading of the manual. I'll take a picture of my busted one tomorrow and post it here.
Gargoyle View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gargoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2016 at 9:16am
Gargoyle View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gargoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2016 at 9:20am
Gargoyle View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gargoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2016 at 9:21am
Ok so my new computer is giving me grief. I keep uploading pics and get nothing.. I'll sort it out
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2016 at 1:34pm
I check tomorrow or monday for the plunger am still have a parts manual
Gargoyle View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gargoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2016 at 7:33pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic