This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mark IV backhoe manual,,??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mark IV backhoe manual,,??
    Posted: 10 Jul 2016 at 10:19pm

Hello to all,,,,,
   I am in dire need of a copy of the parts list and breakdown of the Swing tower on the Mark IV on my D14.
 After replacing all the hoses on the backhoe and Loader,  I got the tractor running, and the backhoe would only swing about 45° to the right  from straight forward. It will swing all the way to the left and almost to where it hits the left outrigger. When swinging to the right, it sounds like it hits a "stop" internally,,,,???
  All this has progressed to where the swing to the right, NOW,  just does not happen all the time, and when it does,,,is very very slow moving,,,!!!! AND,,,the boom always wants to drift to the left.
   I have been looking for a manual on ebay and amazon and while some are offered as Operators and "parts" manuals,,,,after contacting the sellers,,,the manuals do NOT show any parts or parts cross sections,, only operators manuals.
 Does anybody here got a manual they want to sell or sell me a copy of yours,,????
Thanks,,,!!
Sponsored Links

Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2016 at 5:07am
The rotary swing cylinder was made by Cessna and was also used on some MF backhoes.
May help you widen your search. I had an I-60.  They all drift.
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 7:12am

Hey Calvin,,,, many thanks for that info,,I appreciate you takin time to answer. The pump is a Cessna also,, I looked all over the tower and only found one set of numbers that are visible, but info may be on the bottom of tower.
    I did find a "willing to help", gentleman on Yesterday's Tractors that has volunteered copies of his manual and I'm pursuing that as I am striking out badly on this forum,,!
   I DO THANK YOU for your input, Calvin.Clap
Dnoym N. S. Can. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dnoym N. S. Can. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 7:38am
is this any help
http://www.minnpar.com/manuals.asp

B:-)     Dnoym
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 8:59am

Hey Dnoym,,,THANKS for the response,,I appreciate your time. I did talk with "Gary" with Minn-Par yesterday, but he could not help me. Gary told me those manuals were no longer available from Minn-Par,,,,??? I wanted to talk with "John" as he is VERY thorough when lookin for this kind of stuff, but was not available.
  I had found that literature somewhere yesterday, but the closest thing was the 615 which uses two cylinders for the swing VS the "rotary" that the Mark IV uses,,,,
 I'm sure hopin the deal works out with the guy from Yesterday's Tractors,,,,,
  THANKS again,Guy,,,,Clap
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dnoym N. S. Can. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 7:49pm
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 11:38pm

MR.DNOYM You just do not know how much I appreciate you takin time to help a fellar that's too cheap to pay somebody else to fix his tractor,,,,,,HA,,!! ,But I don't feel too awful bad,,,cause they ain't nobody within a couple hundred miles that would have worked on it anyways,,,,,,SO,,,I thank you,,,psst,,,do you like Black Label,,,?????

Seriously,,,I was sorta hesitant in tearin that monstrosity down not knowin what was inside. I especially like thet write up by thet Guy from the UK,,,he's a dandy,,,!!!
Do you know anything bout them things as to WHAT may be the problem in it not wantin to swing to the right,,,???
I owe you one,,,and be proud to call you a friend,,,!!!!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dnoym N. S. Can. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 6:09am
Hi it`s your friend from up here in
Canada.
The only thing i know about them
is not too get one ! (part no longer available )
find one with cylinder`s
but a friend of mind did fix one of
them but had to make his own parts
but his was a oil leak problem.
From what you have been telling us
i wounder if the problem is not in the
control`s, (left swing is not fighting with
right swing )
 but here is some more reading
for you let us know how you make out
(Cessna rotary swing cylinder)
(wasn't Cessna Hydraulics acquired by Eaton)

http://vieux.tracteurs.free.fr/pdf/
massey_ferguson_50b_manuel_p241_295.pdf

B:-)     Dnoym
JoeO(CMO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeO(CMO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 11:05am
I think I have info you are looking for Mark IV effective serial #2A-1248 and up

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 10:22pm

Well,,,JOE,o,,,,Hey ,,,I Like thet name,,,,!!!  gosh,,,I'm glad you chimed in.  How can I talk you into lettin me see the section on the Rotary swing tower,,,ain't got an idea what the proper  description for this thing is,,,
 I'll PM you my Email and phone,,,see how we can get it done,,,,OK,,???ClapClap
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic