This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D15 ? Backhoe

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradley6874 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D15 ? Backhoe
    Posted: 02 Jul 2016 at 3:25pm
Ok looking for some info on a d15 diesel back hoe it was orange at one time could not get serial yet as it's knee deep in poison ivy it has a Henry Mark 1 backhoe on it couldn't find tag on loader the grill is like a D15 not the industrial Grill it has the hydraulic pump mounted on the front of the crankshaft sticking behind the bush brush guard it has the shuttle shift on the left side any help on an actual model number
You can wash the dirt off the body but you can’t wash the farmer out of the heart and soul
Sponsored Links

Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2016 at 4:29pm

I believe the first D-15 Industrial was a Model I-60, and later upgraded to I-600.

Gary

http://www.tractordata.com/industrial-tractors/000/0/8/84-allis-chalmers-i60.html

http://www.tractordata.com/industrial-tractors/000/0/8/85-allis-chalmers-i600.html

bradley6874 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradley6874 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2016 at 4:57pm
That's what I saw but all those have heavy Grill shells not tractor Grill this one has a regular D15 Grill
You can wash the dirt off the body but you can’t wash the farmer out of the heart and soul
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradley6874 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2016 at 5:15pm
There's a YouTube video of a D14 industrial with a backhoe and loader that looks just like it but this is a diesel a 4-cylinder diesel tractor data does not show a D14 diesel they only show the D15 as being available with a diesel
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2016 at 8:34pm
I bet it is a d15 serries 1 industrial they looked just like the serries 1 ag. Is the lever for the hand clutch on the left or right side of the tractor? Left side is a shuttle clutch and probably industrial with an intercooler right side is a high low power direct clutch and was an ag someone put a backhoe on. The industrial will probably not have a 3 point hitch or even the bump in the back where the lift arm cylinder is behind the seat. Industrial will just be a straight back behind the seat
Hard to see with the hoe on I know. My d15 was built out of two one a serries 1 industrial which had had the 149 gas motor swapped for the 160 gas at some point and the other an ag serries 2. So I have the individual loader and shuttle clutch with the ag 3 point hitch. The casting all bolt together the same on the serries 1 ag and industrial as far as I can tell the only difference was the shuttle clutch and intercooler for it on the industrial and the lack of a pto and lift arms on the industrial.   I don't know anything about the diesel d15 tractors so that is just a guess based on what I have.

Edited by Dan73 - 02 Jul 2016 at 8:38pm
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradley6874 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2016 at 10:06pm
Thanks Dan that sounds like what I've got is a D15 series 1 with a shuttle diesel I found the tag for the Harvey mark one backhoe but I didn't find a tag for the loader any idea where the tag would be for the loader once I get the trees cut down that have grown up through the backhoe I will have some better pictures
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2016 at 10:12pm
It should be a ts500 loader also made my Henry.   Would have been sticker on the side if the loader frame. I don't remember for sure my loader has been mostly rebuilt but I think the tag was by the control valve maybe even on the valve bank. The towers on mine where rebuilt do to stress cracks but mine was abused before I bought it. You will really like that shuttle clutch I love mine with a loader. Wish I had a diesel if I remember correctly the d15 diesel is pretty rare.
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2016 at 10:16pm
You will find the tractor serries number on the bellhousing on the left hand side right behind your loader arm best thing to do is stick a cell phone in there and take photos moving it around one of them will hit the mark. Figured that out on mine when I bought it.
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2016 at 6:31am
Oh get photos before you cut her free you will value them later as part of the story of how you saved this poor forgotten treasure of a tractor.
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2016 at 8:49am
Allis built some D15's with the same axle, shuttle drive/cooler setup like the "I" series tractors used. Here's a shot of my D-15 series II utility- fork lift,look at the sheet-metal no heavy grill. I have a flyer someplace if I can fine it I will post back. I know this D15 is right, Dad get her new back in 1967. It has a riveted ID tag on the frame rail.

Edited by Don(MO) - 03 Jul 2016 at 9:02am
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2016 at 9:01am
Nice looking forklift. I have wondered about putting a hay grapple on one of those. Would be alot easier on the tractor then hanging them off the loader up front. But I haven't seen something like that near me.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradley6874 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2016 at 10:55am
Dan this one will get a grapple in place of the bucket to stack straw we do between 10 and 15000 year and growing ,look at you tube there is a video called delivering squre bales it's on a massey 😂😂😂 that's the style I'm gonna build
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2016 at 11:05am

Hey Bradley,,,I have a 1959 D14 Industrial with the Mark IV AC backhoe,,tag says made for Allis Chalmers by Henrys Mfgr Co,,,,, The loader is a TS-500 also with the tag sayin made for  Allis Chalmers by Henrys Mfgr. Co. The tag for the backhoe is very hard to see due to the seat being right in front of it.
   This tractor has the shuttle clutch on left side with the shuttle cooler on right side. The shuttle cooler lines run to a built in cooler in bottom of the radiator,,although I have read some have a separate cooler mounted in front of the radiator. There is NO PTO. The front axle has the extra reinforcing plate welded under the front axle from spindle to spindle.
   I have seen the YouTube video you mention of the D14 Industrial and the person states his has the Poulsen Shawnee (SP) backhoe/loader.
  Like Dan says,,,take some pics of the tractor BEFORE you snake it out of the forest and then post em here,,,,Clap
 One of the best investments I made was to listen to ole RICK here and buy the correct clutch plate and PP for the tractor as mine was needing replacement. It is made of some exotic material that WILL NOT jerk the machine when you change from forward to reverse,,,,,I Love it,,,!!!
  Good Luck with yours and keep us posted on the rebuilding and take lots of pics,,,!!!!tag location on TS500 loader (right side)

Edited by desertjoe - 03 Jul 2016 at 1:18pm
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradley6874 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2016 at 12:11pm
Yea on pics I have brag books for all of them I do customers really love the brag book and it helps ease the pain if you give them the book of pictures before the bill
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2016 at 1:08pm
A-C started the Yellow line of industrial tractors for 1961 and set up a process of having vendors equipment cleared for installation on the yellow tractors. Henry was one of several but it seemed that most of the loaders and backhoes were Henry. These yellow tractors were farm tractors with a few upgrades such a heavier or reinforced front axle. Shuttle clutches became available on the D-14 in 1959. In late 1965 the yellow tractors became more industrialized and the yellow D-10 Series III became the I-40 and the D-15 II became the I-60. A-C purchased Henry in 1966 and that became the industrial division in Topeka  (Swinford)
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic