This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Still Fighting CA Pump

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wkpoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Still Fighting CA Pump
    Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 2:51pm
Well if anything good has come from this debacle its has been that I learned the pump can be removed without removing the pan. Easiest way is to first remove the hold position valve of the top of the pump. That gives you easy access to the top fasteners holding the pump onto the pto housing.
I went clear through the whole pump. Clean and nothing out of place. Put it back on and same exact problem. The unloading valve in the pump won't stay unloaded. So if you push in the clutch for any reason then release to move again its like the tractor is internally locked up which is nothing but the pump trying to restore 3500psi from say 3400psi. It should stay unloaded till the handle is cycled the way I read it. I found a work around today by moving the handle back till you feel the linkage just try to push on the unloader and then it will stay unloaded. I don't think however the Allis guys intended for it to work that way. I have already played with the linkage rod and no position will make it any better.

Edited by wkpoor - 08 Jun 2012 at 2:52pm
Sponsored Links

wkpoor View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wkpoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 4:27pm
Well I called Duke to pick his brain. Only guy I could think of that has cultivated with a CA and knows the tractor very well. He said after front and rear gangs are raised you must return the handle to the first detent. Not sure if their really is a detent there but there is a spot you can feel in the lever that does make it work. So just maybe I never had a problem from the getgo.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic