This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is your winter tractor project?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary in da UP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is your winter tractor project?
    Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 3:47pm
 This is mine for the third winter. WC with the 262.  What  is going on in other shops ?     

Sponsored Links

B26240 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 4:16pm
Wow Gary that's neet!  So far doing a freshing up on a WD45  for a friend.
tractorchuckie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tractorchuckie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 4:20pm
Going to start on our 1938 model A
still looking for the holy grail of Allis
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 4:20pm
Rebuild hydraulic pump on WD-45.
Charlie175 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 4:35pm
I have the front off the 17 redoing the seals. Might put a sleeve kit in my B to get it a optimal power for next years pulls.
Will be redoing a Oliver Plow
Charlie

'48 B, '51 CA, '56 WD45 '61 D17, '63 D12, '65 D10 , '68 One-Ninety XTD
steigerbro24 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steigerbro24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 4:53pm
I'm goin to have the generator rebuilt and some new seals on the engine and get a new pair of front tires for my B

Eric[IL] View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric[IL] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 5:03pm
Gary that is a good looking project.  I have always admired those tractor models.  The gleaner A engine looks like a great fit.  Good work on your part!

Eric[IL] View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric[IL] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 5:04pm
Forgot to ask; how many inches did you have to lengthen your side frame rails to get the gleaner engine to fit into the WC?
Gary in da UP View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary in da UP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by Eric[IL Eric[IL wrote:

]Forgot to ask; how many inches did you have to lengthen your side frame rails to get the gleaner engine to fit into the WC?

None, But I have had to change just about everything else.

Edited by Gary in da UP - 08 Dec 2011 at 4:45pm
jhid View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 5:16pm
I'm replacing the back of the toolbox and patching the fenders for my WD45
red and green are nice for christmas, but orange is all year round
http://www.canadianantiquetractor.com/tractorforum/
Gary(MO) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 5:27pm
Working on a wide front C, a sfw C, putting snap coupler on a B, and changing ring gear and pinion in wc to handle 38 inch tires for pulling.Have a good day.  Gary
Chuck(ONT) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck(ONT) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 5:33pm
Gathering parts to fix up my WD45. Now have brake pads and pins, and thanks to Lou(SWPA) I have snap coupler parts that were broken or missing. 
Never take life too seriously.

Nobody gets out alive anyway!

1C 1 WD45 1 AC180
Brad-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 5:44pm
I will be definitely finishing my '38 A this winter, no ifs, ands, or buts about it!  Chuckie, if you need some sheet metal for that A, my brother makes reproduction fenders hoods, etc for A's E's U's and other early tractors; hoods, fenders, tool boxes, etc.
1930 U

1938 A

1941 WF
Bill_MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill_MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 5:45pm
I like how that radiator looks way at the front, reminds me of the square front off a 170 or 180
1951 WD #78283, 1918 Case 28x50 Thresher #76738, Case Centennial B 2x16 Plow
GBACBFan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBACBFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 5:55pm
As long as you ask, Mike Noonan of the Forum and I are working together on similar but different projects this winter. Mike's is more ambitious than mine, so I'll let him tell you about his project. 

Mine is repowering an Ingersoll garden tractor with a B125 AC power unit with B sheet metal, seat and fenders on the tractor. Lots of logistical issues, (the correct hydraulic pump selection being the big one right now) but it's definitely do-able. From the scale drawings, it has the potential to be a pretty cool piece. 
My excuse for doing this is to have an easy way to move one of my power units around, but I'm really doing it to for the challenge and because I can. I will keep you posted with pics as I move along with the project.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine." - Mark Twain
Rick of HopeIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick of HopeIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 6:46pm
rebuild the front end and steering on WC to try and get the wiggles out.   General fixup on the D14, probably all new lighting, gauges that work, etc.
1951 B, 1937 WC, 1957 D14, -- Thanks and God Bless
John (C-IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John (C-IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 6:48pm
THe Cruiser is in the shop, I've been working on it so long I've lost track.

TREVMAN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TREVMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 7:13pm
After Christmas, restore my WD. Sleeves, pistons, check bearings, sandblast, paint,decals, new front tires, fix all the "little stuff", change over to distributor and Pertronix, re wiring, build new battery box, hydraulic  system work, etc,etc. I am also looking for a loader and 3 bottom snap coupler plow, so itll keep me busy, but Winter here lasts until April 15, Trev.
mark1248 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark1248 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 7:28pm
I will be finishing putting a Chevy 383 stroker in my D17 puller. Still some engineering to finalize the fit!
JOHN N/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOHN N/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 7:45pm
Me and my brother are fixing the charging on our d17d first .Then were going to start repainting my d17iv ,putting on some front weights and new fronts.In june we rebuilt the power director that wasnt cheap.Then we are going to go through a 2000 series 4-18 plow.We probably will need moldboards and guide wheel .A few other odds and ends.I cant believe its dec. already.
firemen View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firemen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 7:54pm
rebuilding the motor in the D-21 (pulling tractor) and new paint for the 200
Don(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 8:13pm
Gotta do a little work to my girl here. She lost oil pressure on me.
While I am in there, going to replace the ring gear, and the clutch plate too.

Also have this in the shop, H3

Going to see what Dad and I can do, to bring her back to life. It runs, but like all dozers, needs work on the undercarriage.

If all goes well, I might even start on another tractor, we will see what happens.
Galatians 5:22-24

"I got a pig at home in a pen and corn to feed him on, All I need is a pretty little girl to feed him when I'm gone!"
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 8:34pm
Sold the business to our daughter and son in law so I have my shop to myself for the first time in 35 years. So many projects!! 1) Repower the 220 with a 3500 MK II engine with in line pump, add intercooler and Mexican hat duals. 2) put existing 220 engine into a 210 basket case and install 30.5 x 32 tires. Paint D-17 D grove tractor etc.etc.etc.
I'll need to live to be 100 to get everything done.
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
Dannyhtn View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannyhtn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 8:36pm
Helping my son finish the 65 Mustang fastback, thinking about repairing the power director on my 190xt, new belts and chains on the round baler, reworking the knotters and chamber on the square baler.
AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 8:54pm
Mine is trying to keep my WD running.  Got some water in the tank and am too cheap to drain the 5 gallons and start over.  Whole lot of choke and she does ok.  It'll all get a goo dflush when I get it burnt through.  Will probably get the lights working when I take the tank off.
AaronSEIA
Darrell G (MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrell G (MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 9:00pm
I will complete the restoration on my 1933 25-40 son Brad has the engine back together and now its a matter of some final sandblasting painting and assembly, Dave Maddux promised me he would have his 25-40 at the Orange Spectacular next July some we can get a picture of the brothers.
Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 9:34pm
I've got a D17  SIV, and 3 175 diesels that need brakes....should be more than I can handle!
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
stray View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 9:48pm
I'm just trying to get my 190XT were I can use it next summer hay.

1969 190XT series 3
bdallman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bdallman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 9:54pm

New Valve cover gasket, Carb Kit, Front Wheel Bearings, maybe some other things for the WD45. Hopefully finally getting my brothers 44 Farmall H back together and The never ending job of the 64 Chevy Pickup project.

1954 CA, 1952 WD with Freeman Loader,1955 WD45, 1963 D19 Gas, 1984 620H, 1980’s AC Forklift, 66 All Crop Harvester, White Top Roto Baler, Misc S.C. Equip and AC Collectibles.
TGerber View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TGerber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 10:15pm
I'm going to take stab at repowering a 916H garden tractor with a new vanguard engine- the old k341 dropped the connecting rod- not good! Wish me luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic