This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

clip on tines for gleaner hume reel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjkrostek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: clip on tines for gleaner hume reel
    Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 10:54pm
I need to fix all the boards on a gleaner E3 I just bought but don't want to drill 144 holes the long way in reel boards.  Some of the broken springs have been replaced with clip on type springs.  I can't find any or anyone that knows what I'm talking about.  Can you stear  me in the right direction.  or give me other ideas I can use.  
Sponsored Links

MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 7:01am
You can buy the boards with teeth in them will have to cut to length. Gleaner-jd-IH.   MACK
Adam Stratton View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Stratton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 7:49am
I second what Mack says.  Find someone junking out an reel and buy the boards off them, then cut to length.  I have also seen guys take the plastic replacement teeth and just use a cordless drill and driver to put 2 screws through them instead of just one, and fastened the plastic teeth to the wooden boards.  Looked a little tacky, but they claimed it got the job done.  
wjkrostek View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjkrostek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 9:46am
when I found a place that sells the boards the were $110 each and he didn't know if it included the tines or not.  He also said he never has sold one.  I can see why, I need all 12 so at that price I could get another combine.
wjkrostek View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjkrostek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 9:49am
where are you finding these boards you can cut?  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic