This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My 180D Front End

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My 180D Front End
    Posted: 9 hours 51 minutes ago at 6:28pm
Back when I first got the tractor, late 2005, I worked the extendable front axles loose as were frozen in place, Tie Rods were already loose in Ball Ends so also replaced those and had one Cracked the other loose on spindle steering arms.  Bought what could find thru a Local AGCo Dealer and thought received good parts in 2006.  No so good as it ends up.

Last few years had issues with Outer Tie Rod ends coming loose in Arms and having to retighten nuts, Cotter pins ended up outside the castle nuts, then noted they were wiggling IN the taper hole in the arm.  Pulled loose as was fighting Locust Thorn Flats last week to find the holes wallowed out.  Tie Rod Ends are ALL loose in sockets so ordered new tie rods and Steer Arms.  Tie Rods came from Reliable Aftermarket Parts and to me appear heavier than the last ones.  The Steer Arms came from All States AG Parts, are not simple Castings as my last ones, these are Forged and Machined included the Axle Drift hole to slide the axles in or out.  Will grab photos as get it fully apart and back together.
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8 hours 54 minutes ago at 7:25pm
Are you using a 1/2" impact wrench to tighten those tie rod ends into the tapered holes ??
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic