This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D 17 Clutch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D 17 Clutch
    Posted: 23 Oct 2024 at 7:51pm
As I came up to the shop door and depressed the clutch pedal, I felt something fail inside the clutch housing.  The pedal stays down and of course the clutch won't disengage!  I think a split is in my future!  What should I be looking for? 
I'll get a lite and look up in the bellhousing tomorrow and see if I can see what failed.  I put a new clutch in there about 5 or 6 years ago.

It's a '58 D17 on factory propane and probably my favorite tractor around here.
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2024 at 8:03pm
Bolt that clamps the two fork parts together loosened up and spread the parts apart.
AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 hours 33 minutes ago at 5:48am
On mine the shaft from the pedal will come out of the trunion nut.  I have no idea how and it always threads back in.  Dr Allis has said you can take a 1/2" fine thread bolt and weld it to the end of the shaft for new threads.  Haven't done it yet.
AaronSEIA
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 hours 23 minutes ago at 9:58am
I'll crawl under there today and see if I can see anything thru the access hole under the clutch.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic