This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Classifieds
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wanted: 175 Air Cleaner Extension

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chad(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wanted: 175 Air Cleaner Extension
    Posted: 09 Oct 2024 at 5:20pm
I have a 1980 175, and looking for the complete unit with pre-cleaner. Thanks in advance for any help.
Sponsored Links

Macon Rounds View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macon Rounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2024 at 6:46pm
I have the filter housing, rubber filter cap and filter cover.

No band.
Will have to look for
pre-filter.

PM me your cell and I'll send you photos of what I have.
The Allis "D" Series Tractors, Gravely Walk behind Tractors, Cowboy Action Shooting !!!!!!! And Checkmate
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2024 at 7:32pm
I think he desires the above the hood "pre-cleaner" with the plastic bowl.
Chad(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chad(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2024 at 9:07pm
Yes, need the extension pipe through the hood, etc. thank you again.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2024 at 8:23am
The pre-cleaner itself is the same for gas or diesel. The connecting air hose is different.
Chad(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chad(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2024 at 6:30pm
Thank you Doc….guess I should have specified I have a diesel.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macon Rounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2024 at 8:56pm
From my research I believe that was an option on 170, 175, 180 and 185's.

And unfortunately I do not have the above hood parts etc.
The Allis "D" Series Tractors, Gravely Walk behind Tractors, Cowboy Action Shooting !!!!!!! And Checkmate
Chad(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chad(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2024 at 10:02am
Thank you for checking.
Ky.Allis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ky.Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2024 at 4:38pm
Do what you want, but personally, I don't like them. It obstructs visibility and the hood is not strong enough to support it. It will shake around and eventually crack the hood. I know there were reinforcement bands for them, and I'm sure it helps. They're really not necessary, unless you just like the way it looks. 
Chad(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chad(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2024 at 4:04pm
Great point. Love the look, but I mostly use it for mowing so air filters are constantly being replaced. Too many dandelions lol.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macon Rounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 hours 19 minutes ago at 5:59pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic