This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hd5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote archangel_cpj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hd5
    Posted: 25 Sep 2024 at 6:03pm
Looking to grab this for some farm dozer work what are the groups thoughts??? https://www.facebook.com/share/Pqm2eEDrGBEs9vmz/?mibextid=kL3p88
Sponsored Links

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 hours 1 minutes ago at 9:21am
HD5B - had one like that - for your own work on site will work IF 
Slow , underpowered at 48 HP for a 10' blade , even turned the blade would cause problems transporting on roads to any jobsite .
I converted mine to 2 - hyd cylinders mounted to bull nose rather than geometry shown 
With a PTO could work for other uses . 
Price - High - sold mine for 1/2 that many years back 
Replaced it with a FA FD5 with 6 way blade and 80 HP power shift 
My HD5G loader could push more material than the dozer could as less resistance from bucket than 10' blade 
Parts can be found - EXCEPT undercarriage - track is made of unobtainium new and almost any good ones used 

Edited by Coke-in-MN - 18 hours 57 minutes ago at 9:25am
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
archangel_cpj View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote archangel_cpj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 53 minutes ago at 9:29pm
Lowest he'd go is 3800 it seems steep to me when I can get a cat d7 or 6 cable dozer in pretty good shape for 8k literally 2 or 3x the dozer... I am worried about parts of something went wrong... the 271 is a dime a dozen but everything else??? I may go look at it but I can't figure out why AC didn't stick a 371 in the thing 271 does seem underpowered???
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 10 minutes ago at 10:12pm
Early HD7 had the 3-71 and HD5A machines made for farm use were repowered with the 3-71 by owners for field work . With the short track they also bob a lot when holding grade .  If one were to reduce blade width it would be a better machine , along with making power angle on blade using the present center as pivot - but a lot of work making those changes .
 I bought the HD5B after I sold my D6-9U Cat as that was a money pit - even though it was a hydraulic lift blade . No angle dozing and tilting blade was manual screws on frame . 
 Early models were single speed reverse , with 5 fwd . 
HD5G loader with a 2-71 is fine and I used mine for years digging basements, loading trucks , leveling lots , putting in roads and driveways . Dug a couple basements under houses that were blocked up as overall height was low enough to get under house and push out material for larger machine to move 
 In hard or compacted soil that blade will not dig in , in light material it will work but slow . Check pins and bushings along with sprocket wear , also if truck frame is straight .
 When I bought my 5B it had broken axle and blower was seized as water froze and cracked lobe from drain plug hole in blower was closed off 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic