This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Neat Video of Allis Chalmers Baiing Hay

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneD14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Neat Video of Allis Chalmers Baiing Hay
    Posted: Yesterday at 2:24pm
Check out this video of some big Allis' baling hay.

Sponsored Links

DanWi View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 hours 32 minutes ago at 9:13pm
That was pretty neat. D19 diesel pulling a double rotary rake, the wide metric tires on the loader tractor. Looked like they made a ton of hay by the stack in the barn.
calico190xt68 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calico190xt68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 hours 45 minutes ago at 10:00pm
 As danwi pointed out, that is an awesome video of Allis stuff at work baling hay!  The big wide tires on the 7040 looks good and the loader on the front is super fine.  The wide canopy on the 7580 looks like a good idea especially with the light bars mounted underneath although I wonder what it is made of?  Watching him stack those two big bales at the same time is super impressive.  That's why it is nice to have a big, heavy high HP tractor to do that.  Looks they have an impressive hay operation.  The only thing I saw odd was that the hesston left a lot of hay in the field.  Not sure if it was the pickup tines, the speed or maybe the 7580 was running over the hay.  It was a little more brown looking than I would want it to be and maybe it was a little too dry due to weather.  I saw the hay rolling in front of the baler which is indicative of a little to dry hay and maybe why it left some behind.  I have been there and done that.  I really, really liked the the double rotary rakes on the D19!  Wish I had that setup!  I do wonder how many acres they do?  That setup should allow them to do a bunch, for sure.  Someone had a nice drone out taking the photos too.

Thanks for sharing!
80 7010, 80 7020. 67 190XTD Series I w/500 Loader, AC 2000 Plow, AC 4 row Planter, AC 77G Rake, Member Indiana A-C Partners, Member TAC
jvin248 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jvin248 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 hours 37 minutes ago at 11:08pm

Rotary rakes I've seen seem to beat off many leaves compared to older roller bar styles.

only AC orange View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote only AC orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8 hours 29 minutes ago at 8:16am
I think that D-19 was a gasser, not a diesel!
powertech84 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powertech84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 40 minutes ago at 10:05am
Originally posted by calico190xt68 calico190xt68 wrote:

The wide canopy on the 7580 looks like a good idea especially with the light bars mounted underneath although I wonder what it is made of?  W

Thanks for sharing!

I think it is one of those hard tonneau covers that people put on pickup trucks.. Spoiler and all.
DanielW View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 14 minutes ago at 2:31pm
Originally posted by jvin248 jvin248 wrote:

Rotary rakes I've seen seem to beat off many leaves compared to older roller bar styles.

You must be looking at different rotary rakes than most. That's the main benefit of rotary rakes: Much, much, much gentler handling of your leafy legumes. You don't get a good idea from watching Youtube videos. Once you try one in person, you'll realize how much gentler they are on leaves and how much faster your windrow dries. I'll never go back to a rolabar or wheel rake after having now bought a rotary.

This is a huge alfalfa and dairy region around here, so leaf retention is critical and all the big operators are focused on it. Everyone's going to rotary rakes for their alfalfa, except a few operators with 30+ foot wide wheel rakes who use wheel rakes just because they can cover so much ground. Old rolabars like the NH 256's are worth nothing around here: There's a beautiful 256 in mint condition for sale near me I drive by every day going to work. He's trying to get something like $1100 for it. Despite the huge number of haying operations around here, it hasn't sold in the past year, and I doubt it will ever sell for that price. Any rolabar rake at auction around here goes for $300 at most, regardless of condition.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic