This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Category 1 lift arm minimum height

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Category 1 lift arm minimum height
    Posted: 4 hours 13 minutes ago at 2:11pm
It looks like my custom drawbar bail system is going to limit lower travel to about 11.5 inches instead of what I read should be 8.5 inches for cat 1...that's at 22 inches from the pto. Is this likely good enough or do I need to get it lower? Was probably in spec before I decided to go with oversized tires I think I can make an adapter if I need it lower. I measured one mower and it would be on the edge.

Edited by dfwallis - 3 hours 12 minutes ago at 3:12pm
1952 CA13092
Sponsored Links

Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 51 minutes ago at 3:33pm
At 11.5 inches my mower wouldnt reach the ground. Why not just lenghten the lift links
dfwallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 19 minutes ago at 4:05pm
As I said, the custom bail design for the pin hitch drawbar limits the lower travel as is. I'm trying not to mod the ca parts but have it designed to quickly convert back to pin hitch since that's what most of the implements are...limits my design choices. A lower link adapter will be the easiest solution since it can't mechanically go any lower. I did get it to 10.75 inches if I can maintain the geometry. I read that some tractors have a 12 inch lower limit.
1952 CA13092
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic