This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

7020 rod bearing part #

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leon B MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 7020 rod bearing part #
    Posted: 16 Jan 2024 at 2:07pm
Going to put rod bearings in the 7020. Pulled one out this morning, it is time to change them. It had 5 79 stamped on the back. Online parts book has the #74007700 but does not say if it standard or oversized. There are several different part #'s available, how do I know which part # to order? Also, they are listed as 1 half, so 2 per rod, which also seems weird. I assumed they came in pairs. Price is not bad, about $35 per rod for bearings and $10 for a pair of rod bolts.
Leon B MO

Edited by Leon B MO - 16 Jan 2024 at 2:13pm
Uncle always said "Fill the back of the shovel and the front will take care of itself".
Sponsored Links

Alvin M View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alvin M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2024 at 2:48pm
Drop down to the bearing sets it shows the size
tbran View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2024 at 3:26pm
74007700 is Standard size rod brg for all 301's   that is for one piece
When told "it's not the money,it's the principle", remember, it's always the money..
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2024 at 6:05pm
I'll bet there were a pretty copper color on the top halves ??
Leon B MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leon B MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2024 at 7:24pm
I'll try to post a pic tomorrow. Not as bad as I thought it would be but Curtis only pulled #6 cap to verify size and wear. Once the new parts come in, we'll change one at a time as we roll it over. He said the journal actually checked within .001 on 6. It does make me want to check the 8050fwa, 8010 and 7060 as time permits.
Thanks again all
Leon B Mo
Uncle always said "Fill the back of the shovel and the front will take care of itself".
Lynn Marshall View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynn Marshall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2024 at 7:25pm
Almost gotta be standard original bearings from May of 1979.
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2024 at 9:25am
This is probably not the case with your tractor, but.... I have a WD 45 crank around here that has, I think, three different size rod journals! One is -.040 already and needs ground. It's basically junk but I keep it around anyway, Ted J. rule maybe? It would be a fine candidate for a stroker crank for a puller.
Leon B MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leon B MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2024 at 11:04am
Here is a pic of the one we took out. It does have a copper look to it with more light. Tach says 54xx hrs but can't verify that.
Leon B Mo

SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2024 at 8:07pm
Fitting for the hrs. Someone let some dirt in. Should be able to remove any journal scratches with fine emery.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic