This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Value

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinity45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Value
    Posted: 27 Dec 2023 at 4:25pm
What is a D -15 series 2 factory 3ph comes with a grader blade and a bushog worth.  I have a guy down the road wanting to make a trade for my 185 with less than 5000 original hours on it.  I am familiar with the D-15 way back in the 80's is was used by his father in law to put out a garden and mow around the farm, he rented  all the crop land out.  He bought it at the estate auction about 4 years ago.
Sponsored Links

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2023 at 4:38pm
Around here, $3000-3500 for the tractor, depending on condition, maybe a grand more for the implements.  Buyer beware...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Trinity45 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinity45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2023 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by DiyDave DiyDave wrote:

Around here, $3000-3500 for the tractor, depending on condition, maybe a grand more for the implements.  Buyer beware...Wink

I have known this guy all my life, I coached his kids when they were in grade school, and he only bought it because he was running up the bid at the auction and the other guy backed out.  He does have a load of AC tractors, just did not want this one.  I may drive over to his place and drive it, last time I drove that tractor was back in 1984.
Ed (Ont) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed (Ont) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2023 at 5:32pm
I would say run and get it unless you need a small tractor. 
Edit- Sorry I read that wrong! LOL. I think a 185 should be worth a lot more than a D15 to clarify. I would love to have a 185 even tho I don't really need it. D15 is a great tractor as well. I think a 185 in good shape would bring $9-10 k up here but maybe those in the know will chime in. 

Edited by Ed (Ont) - 27 Dec 2023 at 7:28pm
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2023 at 5:42pm
hmm curious
first what's YOUR  low hours 185 worth to YOU ??
2nd what's it worth on the 'open market' ??
3rd, re D15 factory 3PH. Is that the one with 'tearout the casting' problems ??

4th, would YOU be happy with the 'trade even' deal ??

FWIW, I haven't sold my D-14(new starter) with rear blade, subsoiler, 3btm plow ,7'cultz and 5' tiller yet yet asking $3500 for all.

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Trinity45 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinity45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2023 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

hmm curious

FWIW, I haven't sold my D-14(new starter) with rear blade, subsoiler, 3btm plow ,7'cultz and 5' tiller yet yet asking $3500 for all.

I grew up on a D-15 series 2 and it was our work horse baled close to 80,000 bales a year custom baling hay.  Second I don't need the HP of a 185 anymore retired a year ago and stopped raising 45 acres of tobacco back in 1999 but kept the tractor because it is a great tractor and a Kubota new would cost me 35,000 and I figure I could get 6,500 to 8,000 for it around here.  My area has mostly been green and red.
Dirt Farmer View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirt Farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2023 at 11:23pm
Don't sell yourself short, ask yourself do you need the equipment coming with the other tractor or is it in better shape than the equipment you have. I'm partial to the 185 as that's what my brother and I learned on. Is the grill on your 185 still in its original form or has it had the 3 rib modification, just curious on that part
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2023 at 6:57am
Sometimes people want more $$$  because someone told them its worth a lot of money . What is a lot of money ??? . Or just put  a price out there what you feel it's worth to you to have it around .Any pictures ,tires condition ,paint ,fenders rusted at mounts etc.  
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
DanielW View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2023 at 7:11am
Unless the D15 is in pristine condition and the 185's a wreck, I wouldn't even consider it. True, you may not need the HP of the 185 anymore, but the 185 still a newer, more valuable/comfortable/useful tractor.

What are you really getting out of it by swapping for the D15? Do you need the bush hog or blade that badly? I may be reading the situation wrong, but the guy sounds like he's trying to scam you out of a much more valuable tractor. Around here you should be able to buy two of those D15 and implement setups for the value of a low-hour 185. He got stuck with the D15 trying to run it up more than its worth at the auction, and now needs to unload it.

I may be a little biased; I've always despised people who run up their equipment at auctions. Maybe back in the day when auctions were poorly advertised and you wouldn't get great turnouts it might have been acceptable, but these days auctions are well enough advertised that anyone in the area who wanted and knows the value a D15 would have attended. If he got stuck with it when he was running up the price, it's because he thought it was worth more than it actually is. Let him live with his own foolishness.

Now if you really want a D15 because you have an attachment to that model, or that particular tractor, that's a different story. But I wouldn't be trading a 185 as a direct swap. I'd think you should be able to sell the 185, pick up a really tight D15 and implements, and still have at least a couple of grand left over.

Edited by DanielW - 28 Dec 2023 at 7:28am
KJCHRIS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KJCHRIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2023 at 8:20pm
So you get a D15 2 w 3 pt & 2 implements and how many thousand dollars for your 185? 
 Just offer him a decent price for his and add it to your stable of equipment.
 IMHO, He'd better have 6K to 8K dollars if the 185 will start and move at all. Look at some recent online tractor sales results, 60 - 100 hp tractors are selling high. 
AC 200, CAH, AC185D bareback, AC 180D bareback, D17 III, WF. D17 Blackbar grill, NF. D15 SFW. Case 1175 CAH, Bobcat 543B,
lentsch View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lentsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2023 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

hmm curious

I'm curious about the 'tear out the casting' problem. Sorry if I hijacked this thread!
WD,D15,190XT,7000,8010x2,7060,8070
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2023 at 9:39pm
Read this Bob...... has been several posts on the 3 point problems with D series.

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
lentsch View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lentsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2023 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

Read this Bob...... has been several posts on the 3 point problems with D series.

Thanks Steve! I thought that's probably what he was referring to. Mine always came loose but never broke so I made a [rather crude] bracket several years ago that solved that problem.
WD,D15,190XT,7000,8010x2,7060,8070
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic