This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MacFaddens auction

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MacFaddens auction
    Posted: 09 Dec 2023 at 2:17pm
Just got home. I went to 8k on a nice 185 she was a byte. Sold onsite for 10. Nice as you will ever see with new rears and 2 new Napa batts. Around 4 kish hours.
Blue Skies and Tail Winds
                          Dana
Sponsored Links

Ky.Allis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ky.Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2023 at 3:32pm
That's pretty good. I bought a new one in 1972 for $7,600
Joe Goodwill View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Goodwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2023 at 3:47pm
I have spent thousands of hours on three different 185s. If you’re looking for a good dependable versatile utility tractor in today’s market that’s a pretty good price I think.
jiminnd View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiminnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2023 at 6:19pm
Auction in Ohio yesterday, 185 with 1500 hours, $17.500.  I like it.                I have one with 1700 hours, makes mine worth more I hope.
1945 C, 1949 WF and WD, 1981 185, 1982 8030, unknown D14(nonrunner)
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2023 at 7:44am
Another one captain? My wife once asked me how many cows we have and i said" i don't know". She replied "how can you not know how many cows we have?" And i said " if i don't know how many cows we have then i don't have to lie to you"
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2023 at 11:18pm
I was wondering if that was as nice as advertised 
captaindana View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2023 at 4:35am
I drove it around for 20 minutes a couple weeks ago. Hyd oil was low so the steering was weird. Added hytrans and everything checked out. It was as perfect as could be. New rear tires, 2 new h d Napa batteries, lights perfect. I thought I’d get it for 8 but someone else had a different limit…

Edited by captaindana - 11 Dec 2023 at 4:36am
Blue Skies and Tail Winds
                          Dana
JayD-17(NY) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayD-17(NY) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2023 at 6:56am
I noted the injection pump was a Standayne replacement, the repaint was already starting to fail here and there, specially on the engine block, and the rear wheels , I think only had 4 rails on the rims, and there should be 5? Maybe they were taken off a smaller/older Allis.

Thankfully, a mechanically sound 185, that could easily “buff out”, can still be found in the 6k range.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic