This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Closed ac dealer in Vermont

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Closed ac dealer in Vermont
    Posted: 08 Nov 2023 at 7:50pm
On craigslist in Vermont, there is a listing for the parts inventory of a shuddered allis dealer. Mostly nos parts, all thas some rust but after talking to him, it sounds like he has a lot of cranks and blocks. Don't know what he wants for them
Sponsored Links

Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2023 at 5:55am
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2023 at 5:58am
Yup
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2023 at 8:43am
Dr did you talk to him. Does he have lists of part numbers
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2023 at 5:54am
I think we, as a group, need to decide if we have interest in this. He won't sell piece meal and he needs to drop his price a lot, but if several of us wanted it, i could take a drive and at least get part numbers on the big stuff and see if there is any interest
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2023 at 8:53am
There is a cultivator manual for the 190 that a member was asking about.
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2023 at 6:35pm
I had a doctor's appointment in Burlington, VT today. I contacted Ken last week to see if I could see what he had.
First, Ken is a real nice, no BS person. I believe he is completely honest. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with him. He told me the parts were in the building when he bought it (I believe he said in 1980). He has sold the building and would love to sell the parts. 
If I had bought the stuff, I would have transported it with my 14' dump trailer. I would estimate that it would be hard to get it all in two trailer loads. There was way more stuff than I wanted to deal with. it would take a lot of time and space to sort and identify everything.
He has a microfiche, but he doesn't have the machine to view them. He indicated that he had a chance to sell the microfiche, but he wanted to sell everything together.
I saw one (probably used) crankshaft and I didn't see any blocks, but they have moved most of the parts into a container and it is very hard to tell exactly what's there. 
My feeling is there are a lot more machinery parts, than tractor parts. I didn't see a lot of parts that looked familiar. I saw very few parts there were labeled with a tag or sticker. I saw a box that appeared to be full of (mostly chrome) planter plates. There are a lot of manuals, but I didn't go through them. 
I get the impression that he is willing to take less money to get rid of the stuff. 
If I can answer any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 6:48pm
I reached out to ken again today today. WF is 100 % correct on all fronts 1. He is a fair guy, 2. It is mostly implement parts 3. There is a ridiculous amount of stuff. There is no way anyone person could ever sort theough all of it. I made him an offer to just buy a pick up load of random stuff and spend the winter sorting through it. Problem with stuff like this the what is left on shelf is generally specific parts and not easily resold, not wear parts. Anybody got any thoughts on that?
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 8:18pm
I’m sure we all hope someone will purchase it all, catalog it, and put items up for sale. But that is a big ask. Would require a large building to store it in and a huge amount of time to go through everything. Only to sell a few items that someone may need. I hope it happens but I certainly will understand if it doesn’t.
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 9:10pm
Anyway to get more pictures 
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 10:51pm
I'll e mail you what i got
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2023 at 6:04am
I would love to get my hands on that stash ‼️

Darrel
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2023 at 6:09am
If you (anyone) goes, wear boots. It was very muddy and there were a couple inches of snow on the ground Monday when I was there. There was no snow other places, but Ken's place is right in the Green Mountains, where winter comes early (and stays late). 
His place is only a few miles from the Cabot Creamery, at the intersection of Vermont Rt. 15 and Rt. 215.
I don't know how much stuff they can move, but one of the problems I saw was access. Unless things can be moved, the parts would need to all be carried (I'm estimating at least 50') to load them.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic