This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How do you do it?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arcs and Sparks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do you do it?
    Posted: 20 Oct 2023 at 5:45pm
The topic is the 6 small warning lights mounted mid dash on the first series of 7000 tractors.  Can anyone tell me how you separate the small bezel on the dash side from the bulb socket behind the dash so I can remove the wiring harness away from the dash panel itself.  The bulb socket is slightly spring loaded holding pressure against the bezel and the dash. I have attempted a few things , all proving unsuccessful and they look pretty frail as far as me getting aggressive.  I need to repair the dash where the previous owner managed to shove the fuel shut off completely through the fiberglass dash panel leaving a sizeable hole.   If anyone has any of those bezels I am interested.  Mine are just faded to just a cloudy lens.  I'll post a wanted ad in the classified section as well.  Any and all help is appreciated.  Thanks 
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2023 at 6:04pm
any chance you can go to AGCO parts site and see a drawing / parts list that 'might' help ??
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Arcs and Sparks View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arcs and Sparks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2023 at 6:17pm
The AGCO parts book for the 7030 dash does not show anything as far as an exploded view.    The bezel and the bulb housing must be separated to assemble the dash or even change the bulb?  The spring loading allows you to shove the bezel about 1/4" proud of the dash panel but the bezel does not seem to want to turn out or pop out?   I don't want to break anything else out of foolishness on my part. Just hoping someone else has torn one apart and can enlighten me.  
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2023 at 7:30pm
Hold your thumb against the picture on the steering wheel side. Compress the spring from the backside and twist it to release.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arcs and Sparks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2023 at 7:46pm
I shall use your instructions in the morning.  I have said that experience is the most expensive education you can give anyone but it often goes unappreciated by those who have never earned such a degree.   Not so in your case.   I value and respect your knowledge.    Thanks for once again getting me out of a jam.    It is appreciated.  
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2023 at 8:10pm
Been 25 or 30 years since I've done one, but that's how I remember it.
Lynn Marshall View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynn Marshall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2023 at 10:44pm
Dr. has the right answer. Tricky to get apart and even worse to put back.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arcs and Sparks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2023 at 3:44am
Success Smile !    Already apart and repairs started.   Lots of dust and crud and even some mild rust  keeping the bezels stuck in the socket holders but once I understood the concept I knew where to focus my energy.   Once I locate some bezels in better shape than mine I will start the reassembly.  Thanks again for everyone's help.  The old saying about many hands making light work is equaled by one set of hands having the right knowledge.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic