This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Schwartz 1400 Loader - Parts/Seals?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bendts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Schwartz 1400 Loader - Parts/Seals?
    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 7:51am
Just picked up a Schwartz 1400 loader and mounting frame yesterday for my D17 (Was on a D17 prior).

Is there still a good supplier of seals for the rams?  I think they'll last the winter, but would like to get a set to rebuild in the spring.

And as all this old equipment needs some paint, is there any place to get the Schwartz Decals?
1960 D17 Gas # 28849
Sponsored Links

Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 2:51pm
I will guess taking it apart and going to a good hydraulic repair shop will be the easy way to go.

I have  JD 1250 tractor (really a Yanmar) with JD  loader so I thought get the seals and put back together right away. Wrong the seal kit was not close to right. They claimed it was all the right numbers. Went to the local bearing and hydraulic shop had everything I needed in stock. At less than 1/2 the price. I figured JD would be more but the idea of having the parts before I took it apart appealed to me, but in the end did not work.

But knowing nothing of the Schwartz company maybe they bought cylinders from another company. So if that is a possibility clean and look for a name on the cylinder. 
Jim.ME View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim.ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 6:19pm
Here's a link to an on line manual for the Schwartz 1400 you can download.

I agree, take it apart and match the parts up at a hydraulic shop will be your best bet.
bendts View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bendts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 2:39pm
I'll give the local shop a call.  He does a lot of work for the farmers here so he may have them.

Thanks
1960 D17 Gas # 28849
bendts View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bendts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 11:41am
Found a source for seal kits for the Schwartz 1400 (and probably others):

They usually have the complete kits in stock.
1960 D17 Gas # 28849
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic