This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

egg sitter cushion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: egg sitter cushion
    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 8:52pm
I just got back from a 1,500 plus mile delivery out to western Montana. Thought I'd put an egg sitter cushion (as seen on TV) to the test. My wife has one, so I borrowed it and sat on it for 1,500 miles. For starters, it needs to be about six inches bigger each direction. My scrawny hinder even hung over each side. Then, it needed to be positioned just the perfect distance from the back rest in order to be comfortable. Being bigger would have helped in that respect, too. My wife made a cloth cover for it, but a cover with a thin layer of padding and somewhat thicker cloth would have been better, to kind of soothe the roughness of the honeycomb design of the cushion. I think I have permanent honeycomb impressions on my back side. On the plus side, I had been getting a sore right hip when I drove long distances. That didn't happen this trip, I assume due to the egg sitter cushion. As far as putting an egg on it like they do on TV, and sitting on it without breaking the egg; well that would never happen with my boney butt. The egg would break and probably be scrambled, too if I sat on it. I think that the egg needs a little crack to hide in. I guess that not getting the pain in my hip probably made it worth using. I'll probably see if I can get my wife to make a new and improved cover for it, and keep using it. Darrel
Sponsored Links

john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 2:42am
Darrel,  That pain in your hip sounds like how my sciatic started.  Doc gave me neurotin for something else and it took that pain away.  I'm at the max doseage now so I don't know what I'll do when that quits working.  The generic name is gabepentin.  Hope that helps.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 4:21am
anything that we can buy that relieves our pains (even if it's for a little while) is a good thing! they just hafta be tried out to know! g;ad you found something Darrel, hope it lasts a long time for ya too! I been eyeing that thing too, but my fat a$$ would prolly smush it down flat. won't know til I tries it tho! bet the countryside was pretty on your trip! yep, me thinks you need to takes pics on your travels...
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 6:44am
Yes Shameless, that western MT is absolutely gorgeous. Darrel
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 1:36pm
Brother was in a wheel chair for 25 years. He sat on 1 all those years to keep from getting sores. Worked for him he
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 2:17pm
Darrel my left hip was bothering me and the chiropractor adjusted my back and it helped that pain go away.  Tom
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 2:33pm
Whist I'd a known you was going out there Darrel......I've got a tire that I need takin off the rim.  You could have dropped it off by Eldon (WA) for me.

Your skinny butt,,,,,,,,,that's a good one!!!

All kidding aside, I've noticed the same problem when I drive for over a couple of hours too.  I figured it was my sciatic but never thought about a pillow.....  Do they MAKE a larger size for men?  I'll have to go searching and see what I can find!
Just going from here to Hutch, I can hardly walk when I get there....
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 3:02pm
Me too Ted and I'm already two thirds of the way there. I take my electric scooter.

Edited by chaskaduo - 30 Jan 2019 at 3:06pm
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
JoeO(C-MO) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeO(C-MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 3:22pm
Dang Darrell,  I can feel your pain knowing full well you couldn't make up that story!

Get well soon
D10 III, D15 II 3 pt, D15 II SC, 170 Gas w/shuttle, 175 Diesel UI ROPS, 185 w ROPS. AC 653 w/6 way blade, ROPS
AC 615 Ind. WD45 running/Parts.
wfmurray View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfmurray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 3:53pm
Chiropractor took my billfold out of my pocket and said to stop sitting on it .I said as thin as it was didn't think it would make a difference. It helped.
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by wfmurray wfmurray wrote:

Chiropractor took my billfold out of my pocket and said to stop sitting on it .I said as thin as it was didn't think it would make a difference. It helped.

X2
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 11:13pm
I also carry my billfold in my front pocket instead of my back one, it also has helped, not all the way tho. the damage is already done, but it did help!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 12:17am
Plus it feels safer in the front pocket. The wallet does that is.

Edited by chaskaduo - 31 Jan 2019 at 12:17am
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 1:20pm
My chiropractor told me that in 1985 and then I had back surgery in 1986 and carry my billfold in my shirt pocket, just two years ago after 28 years of marriage my wife finally quit buy one pocket shirts. 
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 12:40am
I've had my wallet in my front pocket since I was in my 20s.  Thieves can't get at it that way.  Also because of the 'butt' reason, so that's not my problem.  I guess I'm just getting run down in my old age....that's OK, cause I can't run anymore either....

Front shirt don't work worth a darn!!!!!  One day when I was working on a Buick, I leaned down to look at something ( it was running ),,,,,,,,,,yup, you guessed it........fan blades make a real mess out of leather and plastic and paper........
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 11:34am
Good thing you didn't instinctively grab for it.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 12:19pm
Most of my shirt have button pockets and wallet can't get out
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 2:52pm
Interesting. I always took the billfold out, and it worked well for me. Well, I'm going to shut this thing down. This heart thing is kicking my butt.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic