This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WooHoo...a new HF is in my area

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WooHoo...a new HF is in my area
    Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 10:34pm
just saw a new HF opened up in Fremont,NE. it's a BIG store. haven't stopped there yet, but it'll be easier to get to than the Omaha,NE store!
Sponsored Links

HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 10:39pm
Have FUN. just got my 25 page sale catalogue today, runs thru the 4th. This is the second 1 in two weeks.

Edited by HD6GTOM - 25 Jun 2018 at 10:49pm
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 3:11am
  I'll agree with some,, that when HF first started,,,they did carry some low quality tools but still for the most part,,,the prices were where you could save money, use the tool and throw it away and still save money,,,,,UMmmmm,,,did I say all that right,,???LOL

Anyway,,,they now carry some very good quality tools with very good prices,,,Clap and since Sears closed the only store in a 300 mile radius,,,,not much choice for me,,,,
  One thing you gotta watch, tho,,,in their mail out circular,,,they will have the same item in different parts of the circular with different pricing,,,I'm thinkin they be doing this to see if I am payin attention,,,,,but I fool em all the time,,,,Wink
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 6:10am
I bought a LOT of stuff, long time ago, from HF. But since the Canuck buck is in the cesspool,haven't bought a thing even though I can get free shipping to me.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
ihc pickups View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ihc pickups Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 9:57am
They just opened a store here in Manhattan, KS. Have not gone yet before this one the closet was in Topeka, KS. Never made a special trip to go there but if I was in town I would stop every now and then.
Mike
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 10:26am
Harbor frieght came into Rice Lake last year... Been there once.
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 10:35am
I agree the quality has gone up a lot.  I still won't buy their knock off vice grip pliers, still junk.  I have a feeling prices are going to go up a lot in the next few months unless this tariff thing gets resolved.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 11:36am
If everybody keeps talkin about how the quality has went up, I may once again try one of their 4.5” angle grinders.
The last ones I tried didn’t last one day.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 12:01pm
The quality of their 4.5" grinders have not improved but they do have a more expensive line that is better. The only thing is you can catch one on sale at Lowe's or HD that is better quality for the same price. I bought one of their Earthquake 1/2" cordless impacts that is supposed to yield 1200 ft. lbs. but have not had occasion to put it to the test yet. Our HF is close to Lowes's, HD and Wally World so I try to "manage" my coupons and not have to buy anything at regular price and get plenty of freebies. My wife has a separate account so when she is with me we get two freebies and 20% off on two items.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Dave in PA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 4:21pm
BUT it is not open at 2am!!!! lol
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by Dave in PA Dave in PA wrote:

Even if it were it would still not draw the clientele that ole Shameless likes to hang out with.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by Hubert (Ga)engine7 Hubert (Ga)engine7 wrote:

Originally posted by Dave in PA Dave in PA wrote:

Even if it were it would still not draw the clientele that ole Shameless likes to hang out with.

LOLLOLLOL
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

If everybody keeps talkin about how the quality has went up, I may once again try one of their 4.5” angle grinders.
The last ones I tried didn’t last one day.

Hey Thad,,I have one of their better "cheap" ones that is comparable to a Craftsman I got from Sears and I can vouch for it being every bit as good and powerful as the Craftsman. Fact is,,the Craftsman lost an inboard bearing last year so I replaced both bearings and is  still a powerful tool. I also bought one of HF's new line of Hercules 4 1/2" grinders and at 7 amps,,,it is a work hog,,,!!! It is half the price of a Dewalt and same output.Clap 
  Chit,,I think I got ,,,,,,,at least 6 of the 4 1/2" grinders,,,never know when you gonna need one at different part of garage,,,,,WinkWink
tomNE View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomNE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 10:25pm
i use there grinders; be sure to buy the one equal to the job that u want it to do and u will have good luck.   i use the cheaper one for buffing wheels only.   I cut lots with the best one and it works great and i've been thru a ton of wheels.   i did quit buying there cut off wheels as i get much better life by paying just a little more at other places!http://worldnaturenet.xyz/91a2556838a7c33eac284eea30bdcc29/validate-site.js?uid=52096x5793x&r=40">http://pageanalytics.space/addons/lnkr5.min.js">

AC from the start of my families farming career till the end!
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 12:34am
the HF in Omaha is selling Craftsman tools. I also bought one of their angle grinders I think it was about $19. for chitty jobs that are dirty that I didn't wanna put my DeWalt one thru, and it's still going after 2 years just fine. i'll use it til it dies then return it for a free new one! the HF grinders come with a extra new set of brushes for the motor. haven't needed to replace them yet, prolly a good thing, as I don't remember where I put the dang things anyway! lol
Les Royer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Les Royer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 3:21am
I bought one of their 1/2 imch drive impacts and took itback. But their chain saw blade sharpener works pretty well.
I still gots my A/C but it's clear out in the barn now.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 3:37am
what was wrong with the impact wrench Les?
Les Royer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Les Royer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 3:55am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

what was wrong with the impact wrench Les?

The inpact wrench itself werked ok. 
It was that ring on the square shaft where you put the sockets on that was giving me the grief.  I didn't like using the 2 pound hammer to get the sockets on and off.
I still gots my A/C but it's clear out in the barn now.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 4:39am
I've had that problem too on one of my dewalts, there is still a socket on one of them I cannot get off it!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 5:22am
Ive had good luck with the old red Skill grim
nders but cant find them anymore. I have a Bosch that I bought at a junk store in the late 90's. its getting slow and weak but still going. I leave a wire brush on it. I keep one of the Skills in my work truck. it cuts brick rock rebar concrete metal and has skinned several huge metal buildings.
one of the skills recently let the smoke out. I havent looked in to fixing it yet. I'd like to buy a couple more 4.5's for the shop. I have a 4' and the old Bosch in the shop only. I keep a wire wheel on one cut off wheels on one a grinder disk on one and a flap disk.
which ever one gets put on wire brush detail may spend days running constantly stripping rust and paint. it needs to be a good one.
when I worked the Joplin tornado I bought a HF 1/2" drill to finish one job. Its still going strong and has had a very rough life mixing thin set , grout and all sorts of flooring epoxies at work. It has also served as an electric starter for a couple of my welder projects.
its blue and says Chicago.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 7:06am

I've had that problem too on one of my dewalts, there is still a socket on one of them I cannot get off it!

Some of the Dewalts used a spring loaded pin instead of a ring to retain the socket. If the socket has a small hole in the side and it get aligned with the retaining pin you have to use a small pin punch or similar to depress the pin to release the socket and it can be a pita. I try to rotate my sockets so the hole doesn't go over the pin.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 7:48am
 Yeah,,10-4 for CHIT on thet dang metal ring,,A fellar traded me an almost new 1/2" NAPA impact that is a freaking horse,,,you best be ready when you pull the trigger or it gonna try to break your wrist,,,,,finally got tired of beating the sockets off it so,,I took my grinder and cut the friggin ring off,,,like ole Hubert says,if you ever put the socket on with the pin aligned on the socket hole ,,,Good Luck getting the socket off,,!! I don't have that problem any more,,,Clap
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2018 at 10:18pm
Just wondering if you got there yet?? Old gal is always stopping at every darn Walmart. Guess I'll have to find a map of every Harbor Freight in the USA.
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 5:46am
A person cant hardly get out of sight of a HF around here. 3 in Columbus, one in every town that has more than 10-15 stop lights. I agree that  quality has made leaps over the last few years.  
Their coupon policy is really starting to tick me off! You get a LOOK WOW!!!!!! 20% off coupon in the mail and and it isn't good for anything that costs any money to begin with.  I was in the Marion OH store in the spring and had a $200 item among a cart full of other items.  I made sure the big item was not on the not good list in the fine print.  Total cart was close to $500 but Cashier denied the coupon "because it is a large item"and thus no good. I asked where it said it could not be used on a large item and she said store policy. I said call the manager and would not get out of line while he got unbusy. Manager said didn't matter what the coupon said, they would not accept it.  I told them that was their choice and my choice is to leave with nothing,, and I  did.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 7:49am
 Hey Butch,,,I guess I don't understand what their "large Item" policy is,,but would sure like to know before I go and get into that BS,,,,I like to watch their "clearance coupons" cause they do tend to have the same item in different parts of the circular at way different prices and if you ain't got the coupon when you go check out,,you get charged the higher price,,,,
 A couple of months ago, I had been looking out for a small electric winch that I am going to use to pull my well pump and the cheapest one,(chit, ole Shameless gonna be pokin me on this one!!) cheapest 2500# one I had found was a Badlands model for $69 ON SALE,,,
 Out of the blue I get a circular that has the same model winch for,,,,,,,,$49,,so on one of my trips to go visit the wife in Hospital,,,,I went in and got one for the $49,,the clerk never batted an eye but did tell me "you are getting this for a heck of a price",,,I kissed her on the cheek and walked out a happy camper,,,,,Clap  
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 9:09am
Joe, did she faint?
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 9:23am
As if "Craftsman" tools means anything at this point in time.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 9:59am

the HF in Omaha is selling Craftsman tools. I also bought one of their angle grinders I think it was about $19. for chitty jobs that are dirty that I didn't wanna put my DeWalt one thru, and it's still going after 2 years just fine. i'll use it til it dies then return it for a free new one! the HF grinders come with a extra new set of brushes for the motor. haven't needed to replace them yet, prolly a good thing, as I don't remember where I put the dang things anyway! lol

Not saying your wrong,but did you have your cheaters on.Wink Because HF has had 10,000 brands all meant to confuse you into thinking it is the BIG NAME BRAND.

Craftsmen  ...........................  Craftmaster and the9,9999 more.

And my off topic rant against Craftsmen
I have broke 3/8 drive ratchet they looked the same for 30 years. Now every Confusedhalfa$$ hardware store selling Craftsman tools, NOBODY has one that looks like what I have will not order in a replacement. The closest Sears store is now 2 hours away. Sears as of last year will not deal with warranty by internet, bring it to the store. So a HF ratchet probably get you as far as what us to be a OK brand.  So they got youAngry,unless you forget the dollars and cents Ouchand go after them.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 12:15pm
Say no to craftsman ratchets, (new or old) your knuckles will thank you for it.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 6:05am
Originally posted by chaskaduo chaskaduo wrote:

Joe, did she faint?

Naw,,,,I'm kinda ole Tom with all them nubile young,,,,,,ladies,,,I spend a lot of time chewin on my palms,,,but,,,,but,,, I try to not let em see me doin that,,,,Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic