This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sleeve Hitch Weight on HB112

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevinON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sleeve Hitch Weight on HB112
    Posted: 27 Nov 2016 at 7:01pm
I have a couple of the sleeve hitch rear weights, with the extra round weight on the end. I was told that it is not compatible with the hydraulic lift. Is this correct? Thanks.
Sponsored Links

Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2016 at 9:18pm
What do you mean not compatible. No reason why you couldn't have it in there. Are you putting a blade on front.
With blade on front and manual lift, by putting the weight in the sleeve hitch it balances the lifting of the blade.
If you have the heavy angle dozer blade and the weight you have, makes the manual lift work with eas
talntedmrgreen View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talntedmrgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 8:15am
I always run a stinger weight in the rear lift...I think the rear lift is what you're mistaking as a sleeve hitch.  I use my blade in the 'float' position on my hydraulic lift, and adding the stinger just helps lighten the pressure of the blade.  When I really want to scrape, I can leave it out of the float position, and apply some down pressure.  It also adds a bit of weight to the rear of the tractor for aiding in traction.  I found a stinger AND doughnut weight was lightened the blade too much with my hydraulic lift...almost perfectly balances it, so it doesn't drop with gravity.  That's perfect for when you are using the manual lift though.
Patterson B1*B1/B1Forklift*B10*BigTen/B1Loader*B110*B208*B206*616*Homelite T16H/T8/T7/RM7E*Landlord/Loader/Trencher*Broadmoor717*Serf525*2110*7790*Legacy XL*Twin 20*Squire9*Squire6*JCPenny 494
KevinON View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevinON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 11:19am
Thanks guys. The fellow that told me it was for a manual lift only was probably referring to the fact it makes it easier to lift the blade, having manual lift. I have both the stinger and the doughnut.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic