This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD 11 Dozer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD 11 Dozer
    Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 6:50am
Sponsored Links

boyd View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 7:00am
The black had me tricked. reading as much as I can about the Allis dozer. I am an old logger but never used anything with tracks. Also an old beef herdsman so I'm all about making some hay and hay equipment but again, nothing with tracks.

We have 11 acres with a uniform regrowth smaller hardwood thicket and smaller hardwood stumps with a good start on rotting. So I thought I would ask if anyone knew anything interesting about the HD 11 before we go look at it. hate to sound like such a novice but what is the best way to tell if it has been kept greased and properly cared for and how worn out it is I guess is most important. It's a gamble, we wouldn't be up for any expensive repair. Thanks

( I love AC by the way, and if anyone has a chance to get the rare pto powered hay rake that came out with the round baler, I highly recommend it for several reasons. )
CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 9:03am
with any tracked machine the biggest expense/liability is the under carraige.  with these older machines its getting harder and more expensive to fix a tractor with worn tracks etc.   seems most are run till the uc is about junk and then people want to sell because its worn out.     be sure to thoroughly check this area.  sometimes machines with bad engines or transmissions are a better bargain to fix, if that is someting you can do.  if you are not a mechanic, then an older crawler may not be for you.  there are good machines still out there.

Hd 11 has many variations through the years.   A serial # and UC inspection would be a good place to start
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
wayneIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayneIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 8:23pm
Just a guide for checking the track chain wear.  If I remember right, you measure 5 pins, you'll know when you're right on the number of pins since only then will the dimensions line up with the chart.

Edited by wayneIA - 03 Oct 2016 at 8:25pm
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 10:10pm
Not that I don't like crawlers(all I use for tillage,as  we don't stay on flat ground) a backhoe may be  a better choice to dig stumps with.It would have more uses like moving round bales after the stump project is done.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic