This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ford programing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobkyllo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ford programing
    Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 5:48pm
In the shop sits a 2002 Ford f150 5.4liter. the brakes drift away as you hold the pedal. I've replaced the master cylinder and bleed the system. It still drifts down.

Im thinking the only thing left that could allow found to bypass is the abs. If the customer wants to replace it will i have to reprogram the vehicles computer? Or will the vehicle accept the new and unit on its own

Edited by bobkyllo - 10 Jun 2021 at 6:18pm
Sponsored Links

PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 7:06pm
ABS= All Brakes SUCK. They have been that way ever since the mid 70s with the 121 fiasco. There's nothing like pushing on the brake pedal and at first the brakes seem to work then, NOTHING. The newer systems might be OK when dealer lot new, but after a few years like everything else computer controlled on a vehicle, IT IS going to be problems as they get older and corrosion gets into all the wiring. Another case of not IF but WHEN. 

Edited by PaulB - 11 Jun 2021 at 6:27am
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 7:24pm
bleed them again,closest wheel first, then onward to the furthest. My 97 F150 had to be done 3x.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 4:41pm
it is possible for the ABS  valve to leak internal and cause a soft pedal.... I would not think a 2002 had to be reprogrammed... Maybe the newer ones do, but i doubt they did in 2000.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 4:43pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
dee_veloper View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dee_veloper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 6:51pm
If after there is no success in bleeding the lines....

If the pedal stays soft and there are no leaks, it may be the master cylinder is leaking back into the booster.  You will need to remove the MC and inspect the booster.
Don't confuse my personality with my attitude.
My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are.
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 5:22am
02 should be plug and play.
Have you tried isolating each corner? Clamping off all 3 rubber lines ( 1 rear 2 front ) and see if the pedal improves.
Pressure bleeding or abusing the chit out of someones leg pumping the pedal?
Just asking
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 12:31pm
Here is story for this topic.  And a WOULD YOU BELIEVE.LOL

On a 72 Chey 3/4 4x4 (the first year of front disc's on a GM 4x4) the the calipers can be put on upside down , Wink if you switch them side to side. Yes only one bleeder plug so they are right and left. Try bleeding that one. But when I got the truck brakes worked good. I had a hose go bad, no big deal replace and bleed. Wink I don't claim to be a mechanic, just able to change parts Cry most of the time. After wasting way more time than it should of taken, I got a real mechanic. He had a real good laugh.

Ford could had the same engineer Wink and your the truck has enough years and time  .................check the simple but improbable as well.
bobkyllo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobkyllo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 2:13pm
Update guys, so after taking in consideration what you guys mentioned I've decided the abs is bad. There is no leak what so ever any place, The calipers were installed correctly, etc.

Thank you for your thoughts
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic