This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

For BV - 190XT hydraulic fluid equalization hose

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannyhtn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: For BV - 190XT hydraulic fluid equalization hose
    Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 12:01am

This is the setup I came up with on my 190XT after looking at photos posted by a member in the early 2000's. It is simply a hose that connects the transmission reservoir to the lift reservoir. I removed both reservoir drain plugs and took them to a parts store to match plumbing components to the plug sizes. The rear plug required drilling and tapping to accept the plumbing fitting. I kept the original plugs to use when I get to properly repairing the seal in the power director. I had them make a hose to go between the fittings.  
Sponsored Links

Dutchboy Johan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutchboy Johan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 1:13am
Is this aftermarket? I don't have that on my XT.

Edited by Dutchboy Johan - 27 Sep 2011 at 5:36am
---> Better by Design <---

Johan Straver, Almkerk/ Netherlands

Allis-Chalmers 190XT Ser.III #26829XTD
Dave in il View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in il Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 6:32am
Yes, he had the hose made to connect the two drain plugs together. Graviy will drain the oil transfered back to the original compartment. A really good idea.
Dannyhtn View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannyhtn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 5:45pm
Dave is right. I made this after another member posted a photo years ago. This hose decreases the problem caused by a bad seal in the power director that allows fluid in the transmission reservoir to be drained while the fluid in the lift reservoir is overfilled to the point it runs out the fill tube and lift arm pinion seals. Fixing the power director seal is certainly the best fix but is expensive.
Hurst View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 7:08pm
Just out of curiosity, are the compartments in a 190xt separated differently than on a 7000?  On a 7000, the rear dipstick is just for the differential and PTO gears in the 3pt housing.  Then the hydraulics/powershift (3spd power director)/4spd transmission are all a common sump, the transmission being pressure lubricated from this sump.  It almost looks like the 190xt has a hydraulic/power director compartment, trans compartment, and a rear differential/PTO gears compartment?

Hurst
1979 Allis Chalmers 7000
5800 Hours
BV View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 7:51pm
Thank you guys for all your help we must keep these old allis tractors going. Thanks again.
Kevin in WA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin in WA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 11:44pm

Hurst, the trans and rear end are together on the 190.

Dutchboy Johan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutchboy Johan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 12:43am
You have 2 compartments on the 190. One for the transmission en rearend and the other for the Power-Director and hydraulics.
---> Better by Design <---

Johan Straver, Almkerk/ Netherlands

Allis-Chalmers 190XT Ser.III #26829XTD
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 6:42am
That will return oul back to hyd. but will take any cuttings from trans to hyd. pump. There is a screan to keep futtings from hyd section gettinf into pump, but this return is below the screan.
 Might check the price of a new pump befor pitting the hose on.   MACK
George Davenport View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Davenport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 3:58pm
Is the 180 and 190 alike in this  respect?
Life is what happens while you are making plans for the future
Amos View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 4:36pm
I have done something similar in the past to get by till I fixed the problem right.  On a 160 I put a line on form the level plug on the side of the torque tube back to the transmission side after having the pto shaft seal start leaking.  On a 200 I just put the hose on the side of the torque tube and transmission, it would be much easier to do it the way the pictures show but if my memory is right the levels of the oil are not exactly the same in the two sections and that is why I drillled and tapped the 160 trans, or maye it was the torque tube I can not remember, at the level the oil was to maintain, I would if I could see the tractor, where ever it is now.
Racn911 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racn911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 7:37pm
My 200 was low on fluid (steering, and three point etc), so I added some, then checked the trans fluid, and it was higher than the marks. 
Is my power divider seal out? It shifts and works OK.
Will this hose idea work for me till I get time to fix it right?
Is there any reason that would damage the tractor by doing this?
This is my first Allis, so I'm not that familiar with the tractor yet.
Thanks
Adam Koch
Aviston Illinois 
Bob wi View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob wi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2011 at 7:44am
is the seal expensive or does the labor kill a person,how much are the parts I'am looking at buying a 190 where the seal needs fixing but will do myself
Amos View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2011 at 12:39pm
The seal is just a double lip seal.  It is the fact that you have to take the torque tube off the transmission to get to it that is the tough part.  A cab tractor you can jack the cab up on the back and roll the transmission/rear end back, same with a platform tractor but don't have to deal with the cab being in the way.  I had the engine out for some work on my 200 when I did it and I just pulled the torque tube forward on a roller stand, but mine had been run out of oil a few times before I got it and needed and entire replacement of all the discs in the power director as well as the pto clutch.  If you just replace the seal I think you could do the entire job in 8 -9 hours, if you don't run into any siezed bolts or broke off ones or other surprises.
ctbowles58 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctbowles58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 9:30pm
Did you use an original plug for the rear end ? and what size hose did you use?
190XT 2WD45 WF D15 D14 CA BIG10 302 & 303 bailers 77G rake 80R mower 6 plows and alot more
DSeries4 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSeries4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 9:46pm
You are responding to a post from 9 years ago. I don't think the original poster has not logged in for a long time as well.
'49 G, '54 WD45, '55 CA, '56 WD45D, '57 WD45, '58 D14, '59 D14, '60 D14, '61 D15D, '66 D15II, '66 D21II, '67 D17IV, '67 D17IVD, '67 190XTD, '73 620, '76 185, '77 175, '84 8030, '85 6080
Missouri TOM View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missouri TOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by DSeries4 DSeries4 wrote:

You are responding to a post from 9 years ago. I don't think the original poster has not logged in for a long time as well.
........................I know, but i assumed there are people still doing this. and could give a little more detailed info.
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 10:27pm
I got an original plug from AGCO and drilled it I have a 1/2" clear hose on mine. The hyd drain plug is pipe thread every thing was easy right up to the trans compartment plug it's a fine thread I drilled and tapped the original plug used a thin wall close coupled nipple and up adapted to the barb fitting for the clear hose.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic