This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

first freeze here Monday night

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: first freeze here Monday night
    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 6:15pm
Time to bring in some wood and crank up the insert.  Low expected  to be 25.   
          Up until now, to keep the house fairly warm we have set the thermostat at 70 and let the electric furnace do its thing.  What I don't like is, when the fan set on auto starts you get the blast of cold air out of the duct work before you get any heat.  Burrrr. 
          Firewood warms one up twice .   When you cut it up ,split it and stack it.  Than again when you burn it.
Sponsored Links

thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 6:27pm
Supposed to be 26 here tomorrow night and 21 Tuesday night. Ken if you want to keep that stuff in Texas that'll be fine with me
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 6:59pm
Ken, we had a killing freeze over here in Midland a couple weeks ago, but had beautiful weather until just the last couple days. 33 tonite, dipping below freezing next few nites, but no rain predicted.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 7:05pm
Mid twenties here tonight, Wind with it so maybe no frost just bitter cold.   Could see rain by mid week, possibility of snow by end of December.
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 7:09pm
Calling for low of 18. Plenty windy now, hope that quits or will feel much colder
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 7:55pm
Predicted 29* tomorrow night and 28* Tuesday night unless they have changed it since last night. Gotta head down to the farm and button up a few things down there. Going to fire up the old Fisher stove while I am there.

Tyler, if you got little chickens now you better get them some warm blankets.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 8:23pm
i got my 1952 willys 4x4 pickup bodywork and priming done when the day temps were nice and warm with no rain.   Hope to see the sun again soon for the base cote and clear paint job . I have the paint . Just need to mix the base cote  up and shoot the clear within 24 hours of applying the base.    Going with NASON base -clear all the way .
     Then the fun begins bolting all the finished pieces of body and bed work back together without a scratch. 
     This is my wifes truck . Bought it used for her in 1968.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 9:44pm

Hey Ken,,it good to hear from you,,,you must of been too busy with that jeep project ,,,,WinkWink
 Shoot us some pics when you get her clear coated,,By the way,,were you able to get me the recipe for the Charro Beans at Juicy's,,,,,,ClapClap
tomNE View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomNE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 10:53pm
I'm set to come thru ruidoso on wed night, but those plans aren't set in stone!

AC from the start of my families farming career till the end!
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 11:22pm
Tom, when I came through the area 5 weeks ago, gas was in the $1.76 range.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 6:00am
Originally posted by Hubert (Ga)engine7 Hubert (Ga)engine7 wrote:

Predicted 29* tomorrow night and 28* Tuesday night unless they have changed it since last night. Gotta head down to the farm and button up a few things down there. Going to fire up the old Fisher stove while I am there.

Tyler, if you got little chickens now you better get them some warm blankets.

No chicks at the moment Hubert. We do have to wash fans but I think we're going to hold off until Wednesday. Supposed to be back up to the 50's by then.
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 1:20pm
We have had a rain snow mix most of the day today , .47" of rain so far no snow on the ground 35 degrees, but they are calling for 6 to 8'' of snow by wednesday evening.  They can keep it I am never ready for snow
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 5:52pm
ground froze here again this morning. snow flurries most of the day.
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 6:21pm
Had a good pepper of snow here most of the afternoon. No accumulation other than on the porches and vehicles. Ground is still to warm. A little unnerving to see snow here in November
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 8:01pm
gooooood! it'l help the "machine" work better!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 8:45am
When I was a kid I remember looking for a pond frozen over thick enough to ice skate on after eating Thanksgiving diner. Grew up on the south side of Chicago's suburbs. Most years we found small ponds with ice thick enough to skate on.
      That was a long time ago. I'm 80 now
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 1:22pm
I can remember my Uncles and cousins going rabbit hunting after Thanksgiving dinner and the ground was covered with snow and the snow usally lasted till spring 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic