This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

finally got ole Black Beauty out on the Hiway,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: finally got ole Black Beauty out on the Hiway,,,,
    Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 10:49pm

Yep,,,my long time project finally come to some sort of completion,,I suppose I could of done a bit more but I'm gettin more and more anxious to get back to Ole Red that been crying for me in the garage for so long,,!!  Actually the trk project came out Many Wonderfuls and somebody is gonna get em a great trk!!
 As ya'll remember,, it had a 305 when I bought it which almost as soon as I drove it off the trailer,,the frigggin camshaft knocked off 6 lobes before quick could get ready!! I located a BBC 454, overhauled it, done a few other necessary things to the engine,cleaned it all up,,shined it up and am ready to kiss it on da cheek and say Good Bye. It is a Silverado with 76,565 real miles plus almost new Goodyear Wrangler Radials on Chrome wheels. I've no doubt it will sell pretty quick cause that 454 is gonna hipnotize the right curtain climber,,,,,Clap Gotta resize some pics,,,

Sponsored Links

bikley View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2021 at 5:23am
where are the pictures
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2021 at 6:20am

Cannot figure why this PC will sometimes resize pics and somethime NOT,,,,??

Dang it,,,only posted one,,!!  PFfftttt

Edited by desertjoe - 01 Apr 2021 at 6:25am
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2021 at 6:29am
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2021 at 6:35am

Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2021 at 6:36am
If that were mine I’d have a very hard time letting go. That is a sweet lookin truck.
bikley View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2021 at 6:37am
very nice
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2021 at 6:38am
CHIT,,guess I'm gonna have to do one at a time

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2021 at 6:39am

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2021 at 6:51am

Well, I'm glad Ya'll like it,,,I'd love to keep it but ,,,got loads of Dr and hospital bills to pay so it gonna have to go. I put it on The Market Place and getting lots of calls but ain't seen no money yet!! I'm fixin to park it on west end of property facing the highway with a bright red "For Sale" sign in window.
 There was one old fellar that drove up and wanted to drive it but wanted to drive it BY HIMSELF,,,I told him gently NO but he INSISTED him go alone,,, I told him to get the f*** out of here,,,,!!  Looked like he did NOT have a pair of dimes to rub together anyway,,,Wink
bikley View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2021 at 7:02am
Well if we are talking all it takes is a couple of dimes I will have to come get it lolHandshake
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2021 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Well, I'm glad Ya'll like it,,,I'd love to keep it but ,,,got loads of Dr and hospital bills to pay so it gonna have to go. I put it on The Market Place and getting lots of calls but ain't seen no money yet!! I'm fixin to park it on west end of property facing the highway with a bright red "For Sale" sign in window.
 There was one old fellar that drove up and wanted to drive it but wanted to drive it BY HIMSELF,,,I told him gently NO but he INSISTED him go alone,,, I told him to get the f*** out of here,,,,!!  Looked like he did NOT have a pair of dimes to rub together anyway,,,Wink

Dad-gum it I was really wanting to drive it by myself too and I don’t have two dimes to rub together either.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2021 at 8:04pm
Very nice looking truck except it's black.  I had a black truck once and said never again.  I ain't seen one of them floor buttons for quite some time.

If I borrow it, can I drive it by myself?

D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2021 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Dad-gum it I was really wanting to drive it by myself too and I don’t have two dimes to rub together either.

LOLLOLLOL
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2021 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by john(MI) john(MI) wrote:

Very nice looking truck except it's black.  I had a black truck once and said never again.  I ain't seen one of them floor buttons for quite some time.

If I borrow it, can I drive it by myself?

NO,!!,,,,,,,,,,No Solo test drives,!!  But Hey,,I CAN be flexible as well,,,,I'll take $500 down as "Good Faith"  earnest money BEFORE I hand over the key,,, If NO damage to trk when it returns,,you get $475 back,,,rest is for gasoline you burnt up,,,,,,Wink
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2021 at 11:47pm
looks good there Joe,,,but i don't see no AC compressor!! whats up wit that?? I like AC for them longer cruises,,and help that lil' ole 454 out on drinkin that gas... Hope it has the dual tank option!
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 4:53am
Looks very good Joe.          Leon
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 9:39pm
An here I'm all prepared to offer that HIGH bid of $12.33,,,,,,,,,right NOW and it's ALL in CASH!!!  I ain't no skinflint....Thas a LOT more than two lousy dimes...Big smile
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 8:03am
Y’all reckon if I showed up in a suit n tie with my square toes all spit shined and even putting my pantlegs over my boots that I could fool ole Joe into believing I have a couple dimes?
I’m sure wanting to clear ole black beauties throat so when a sure nuff buyer comes a calling.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 8:51am

Why,,,Thad,,, that was exactly the image I been havin of you all these years,,so I won't be fooled that easy,,,,,LOLLOL,,,,,,,,That right there is my regular "attire" for when I'm workin to make a livin,,,,,,LOLLOL,,,,,and,,,,and,,,I ain't usually got mor'en a dime in my pockets either,,,,,,,ClapLOL
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 8:58am

OH,,,,and,,,Ted,,,, you're bein quite,,,,,"thrifty" this morning ain't you,,,????WinkWinkLOL
 I think cause,,,,cause,,,,I likes you,,,I'ma let that one slide and give you a chance to redeem yourself with a more UMMmm,,,,,UMMmmm,,,, bid,,,,chit Can't get my vocabularry goin this early,,,,,ya know???,,LOL
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 9:09am

OH and Michael,,,,,I did think bout adding a 55 gallon barrel in the bed disguised as a "sittin place"  but thought that might look tooo obvious and jepordize the sale,,,,you get an old skinflint like ole,,,,,,ole Joe and he would figure it out pretty quickly,,,,,,,,,,,Wink
 BUT,,,,BUT,,,you take a young curtain climber,,full of piss and vinegar and a pocket full of dimes,,,Chit,,,, all he wants is something to impress all the other curtain climbers down at the Sonic,,,,CHIT first place they would do is haul ass down to the Sonic and,,,,,and burn some hellacious rubber ,,,,,til he runs out of gas,,,,,,LOLLOL
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 12:20pm
The good ‘ol 454, with one of those you can pass everything but a gas station!
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by Lars(wi) Lars(wi) wrote:

The good ‘ol 454, with one of those you can pass everything but a gas station!

BOY,,Lars,,,you hit that nail right in the kisser,,,LOL,,,, I had installed an old style AFB 650 CFM on it as the only'ist other big carb I had were a couple of 850 Hollys. tEven with that 650, that sob shore likes that gasoline,,,,the few times I've test drove it around the neighborhood,,you can almost see the friggin needle move,,,!!!!!LOL Chit,,,when "I" was one of those curtain climbers,,, that needle did not bother me too awful much,,,long as I could outrun them gasp  (fords) put in paraenthies so ole Shameless won't be eating my azz too much,,,,LOLLOL
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 5:57pm
I honestly thought we’d of seen a post where Black beauty was sold.
I figured some young’en would fall in love with it.
I know I would.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 10:24pm

Well,,maybe everybody is waitin on their biden stimulous checks,,,cause I've had a ton of lookers  and even more callers but thay all sayin in a day or two when checks come in,,,,,Clap Even today on Easter Sunday,,I had bout 8 lookers,,,,and,,,,and,,,I ain't lettin any of them kick the ta'ars either,,, and mess up the rubber treatment,,,,!!WinkLOL
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 2:17am
run it thru Barrett-Jackson and retire rich!
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 8:34am
Tell em' Joe. There's no substitute for cubic inches!  Nice lookin' truck. And I like Black even though its a bear to keep clean. Had a Black 66' Nova for 24 years. I know about keeping a Black car clean.  Full time job. Looked great though wit' them Cragar wheels I had on it!
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 8:52am

Aw Man,,,Stevo,,,them Cragars,,,,the ultimate timeless wheel,,,,,Clap  That right there was what I wanted for ole Red,,,but you can't hardly find a set at a reasonable price and,,,,and,,,If I can convince ole joe to send a couple of extra checks I may just buy a "NEW" set of them Cragars for ole Red,,,,,ClapClap
 Chit,,,you always like all the same cars i do!!!! The 66 and the 67's were the cleanest looking of the Novas,,,weren't they,,,?? A friend of mine "HAD"  an original 67 with the 327 365 horse and 4 speed,,!  It had been in storage for over 30 years,,,engine prolly stuck now as has not been started all that time,,,what a shame!! 
 An even bigger shame,,,was ole Ishmael passed last summer and THAT car was the very first of his prized possessions that got loaded up and they drove past my house and headed north. I found out later that his widow was selling everything,,,pennies on a dollar,,,,,,,,so sad.

Edited by desertjoe - 10 Apr 2021 at 9:03am
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 7:43am

Well,,,HARK MY Friends!!,,,,good news finally,,Ole Black Beauty finally got sold and headed up the road to her new home,,,,,Clap Ya know,,there was this curtain climber bout early 20's that would come by every week or so to see if I was finished,,,cause he was ready to jump in the trk and go to town,,,well,,he must not check out FB MarketPlace cause he ain't been by since I started to park the trk out by the hiway,,,,,,?? I was hoping he would of got it as he really wanted it but,,,you know,,sometimes the actual buyer surprises you,,,,!!
 I get this text yesterday morning bout 8 am,,telling me,," I want that trk" from a female sounding name and that was all the text said,,? Yesterday was HECTIC what with so many callers on phone and texts on Marketplace. Even had one dude from Kentucky,,,wanted more pics and a video of engine running,,!!  Told him FB has a 10 pic limit and I had already used up 5 of them,,so he insisted on a video,!! I told him this would be CASH on the spot and any shipping would be on his actions. He prolly sent 11 texts,,,??
 Anyway,,long bout 2Pm ,,I get another text from the lady saying, "I'm on the way with cash in hand, so DO NOT SELL TRK",,, Well, what showed up was this mid 30's knockout,  wisp of a female with very snug fitting long pants and a sleeveless top,,,,and,,,,and,,,her credit card conveniatly slid under the left strap of her,,,,you know,,,,them 38's,,,,Wink She says My Grandpa had one exactly like this one so I want to buy it!! Bout that time I finally notice her Husband standing there and he just smiles at ole Letcher Joe,,,,,,
 She starts right in on dickerin with me and I ask if she doesn't want to test drive it and she says,,"NO, but maybe my husband does", So, she goes to her car, as she has a 6 month baby and a 10 year old boy there. The husband and I go for a short ride and he tells me he is a Master Mechanic and he'll fix all the little things the trk needs,,,,,WTF,,?? SOOOo,,in order to keep the peace and make the sale,,I nod at his suggestions and smile,,,,,Wink
 Well,,we finalize the sale,,she hops into the driver seat, takes another sip out of a pint of Vodka in her purse, and tells her hubby,,,,you follow me, Honey,,,I'll wait for you  at home" I tell her hubby, the trk is NOT licensed,, so stay right behind her,,,fact is,,she prolly shouldn't be driving anyway,,,,he just grins at me again,,,,,,What a Day,,,,!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic