This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Farm Truck???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Farm Truck???
    Posted: 23 May 2022 at 11:04am
Don't look like a workin' farm truck to me!!  Even tho I've usually had Ford trucks.

Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 11:23am
he has to much money!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 11:25am
all new vehicles are not farm vehicles until.....the first BIG scratch or dent.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 2:05pm
Must be one of those "welfare farmers" that gets all his money from government payouts. like those that make a profit from selling $3 corn when it cost at least twice that to grow it. 
 Does that Ford come with the FAKE engine noise like the musjunk? 
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
dee_veloper View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dee_veloper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 2:12pm
Not af-Ford-able
Don't confuse my personality with my attitude.
My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are.
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 5:58pm
Well you take that truck camping and can power your camp site! Until the battery drains and then you plug it in your A#s! Power your house they say! I've seen the electricity off for a week! I don't believe that truck will power the house for a week!
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 6:09pm
Is the blue oval on this one fade-proof?LOL
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 7:09pm
Shameless, you can buy one when you take the stockholders to the cleaners! LOL 
A big propane generator for your house would be less expensive and more reliable.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by Hubert (Ga)engine7 Hubert (Ga)engine7 wrote:

Shameless, you can buy one when you take the stockholders to the cleaners! LOL 
A big propane generator for your house would be less expensive and more reliable.

Hey... there's an idea... put a 20KW generator in the bed, and a pair of 60-gallon propane tanks on the frame, then connect the generator to recharge the batteries...

Put a 5th wheel hitch on it, and a stock trailer, and pull a dozen heifers 80 miles to the stock auction in August, then tell me it's a 'farm truck'.

It's for 'urban cowboys'... just like all the crap features they've 'mandated'... overpriced junk.
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
YanePaleno View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YanePaleno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 5:23am
Hey there! I checked out the video you posted, and I agree that the truck doesn't look exactly like a typical farm truck. That being said, I think it's always fun to see people customizing and personalizing their vehicles, regardless of whether they're being used for work or leisure. Moreover, it's more affordable if you have such options as trucks for Sale. And who knows, maybe the owner of that truck does use it for farm work and likes to add their flair to it! Thanks for sharing the video.

Edited by YanePaleno - 15 May 2023 at 8:11am
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 6:53am
Personally, I think an electric truck would be well suited to farm use. Farm use is mostly short trips and it could be recharged from renewable sources; wind or solar power or a methane powered generator on a dairy farm.

The $90,000 price tag is for the high-end, absolutely loaded Platinum edition. F-150 Lightning Pro "work trucks" start at around $60,000, which isn't a lot different than a half-ton with a diesel engine.

Whether we like it or not, conventional internal combustion engines are on the way out. Electric and/or hydrogen powered vehicles are the future. 

Global warming is definitely real. In my lifetime (in our area) I have seen winters go from snow from early November to early April in the 1960's to now when the local snowmobilers get periods of a couple weeks at a time that there is enough snow to ride. We used to get sub-zero weather for weeks at a time. This past winter, I think we had about 5 days below zero and every one of them ended up above zero during the day.
KMAG View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KMAG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 7:56am
WF Owner, the world has been warming well before industrialization by 30,000 years, or so. We're coming off the 5th ice age (some say 7th). Those glaciers in Alaska used to run down to Yellowstone Park and across USA to Long Island - formed by glaciers melting at the ocean.

The danger is using one's life experience as a guide. We simply don't live long enough to judge such things. For exampke, the cold snaps in 1940-60's led scientists to predict we were entering a new ice age.
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 8:39am
Originally posted by KMAG KMAG wrote:

WF Owner, the world has been warming well before industrialization by 30,000 years, or so. We're coming off the 5th ice age (some say 7th). Those glaciers in Alaska used to run down to Yellowstone Park and across USA to Long Island - formed by glaciers melting at the ocean.

The danger is using one's life experience as a guide. We simply don't live long enough to judge such things. For exampke, the cold snaps in 1940-60's led scientists to predict we were entering a new ice age.

That may be true, but we are talking significant change in 50 years, not 30,000 years. Also, in the last 100 years, we have used up a significant amount of the oil that took millions of years to form.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 8:46am
we have enough oil to last for HUNDREDS of years.... New Exploration finds NEW OIL all the time..... Of course the world is WARMING...that happens in cycles... has NOTHING to do with HUMANS..
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 9:36am
It's called weather...and it changes... always has ,always will. They say it goes in cycles. 20,50,90 year? Info out there if you care to work at finding it. Global warming is an opinion not a fact.
DanWi View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 12:43pm
What's going to happen to global warming when we cover all this farmland with solar panels that only generate power during sunlight hours. Winter in the northern states that's only 8 hours of sunlight for 16 hours of dark.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 2:19pm
 From what I have been told the northern panels product better because in the south when it gets too hot they shut down and don't make any electric. I don't think they will ever shut down coal plant if they are operated right. The electric company that we are on clean the coal and the only thing the plant gives off is stream
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 5:02pm
I prefer the electric Duckoder...

FFWD to about 2:40...Wink

Edited by DiyDave - 15 May 2023 at 5:03pm
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 11:46pm
when ya drive them things in rain and thru water puddles, ya'll know water finds its way into anywhere ona vehicle just to start the rusting process. what happens when the battery gits wet? KABOOM???
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2023 at 5:29pm

Vostok Ice core Data, we as in NOW are at the Far Left, Note the Beginning of the Industrial Revolution is where the chart essentially FLAT LINES, No appreciable Rise or fall, just slight blips all from roughly 8 THOUSAND years ago where was already in a Significant Rising Temperature rate.  That is where Humans numbers became enough to create fire and SMOKE and other aerosol emissions that REFLECT Sunlight Back Into Space.
WE as in US Humans have managed to STOP the Temp rise in 'K' or Kelvin as in the Three previous epochs at 130,000 240,000 and 325,000 years ago.

Also a Side Note, EACH serious significant almost Instantaneous Rise was followed by a Sharp and LENGTHY Cool Down, we are at that Doorstep.

As with Methane, CO2 FOLLOWS the Heatup, NOT causes it.

Edited by DMiller - 16 May 2023 at 5:36pm
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2023 at 7:47pm
what i want to know is that guy that was taking TEMPS 200,000 years ago... WHO made the thermometer he was using ??  

Happy Laughing Sticker - Happy Laughing Lol Stickers

Edited by steve(ill) - 16 May 2023 at 7:48pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
D19allisowner View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D19allisowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2023 at 11:16pm
With the price of that truck I can't even afford to watch that video.
If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2023 at 11:20am
I think maybe a plug in hybrid is the way to go at this point.  The best of both worlds if you have your own electricity source.  Remember not that many years ago everyone was hot on making bio diesel out of waste french fry oil and such.  This is just another way to self power your farm.  There's no way on this green earth I would pay 90 grand for a pickup truck, but to each their own...

Edited by JohnColo - 17 May 2023 at 11:21am
caledonian View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caledonian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2023 at 5:05pm
To me a working farm truck was considered a Ford F 600 or 700. Why they consider something like that a truck is beyond me. But as you can see, I'm old school.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2023 at 6:28pm
Friend of mine bought a F550 Crew Cab, KNEW it was going to be better than buying a True Class 7.  REGRETS that mistake every month.  Will NOT tow, Adequately, the loads that are shown in the Owners manual, Has Juice Brakes, rotors when used as a REAL truck disintegrate at around 20,000miles, pads are Short Term life.  Engine is a 6.4, Struggles but pulls and he is well aware pulling its own guts out, ZF Auto Trans has had several recalls and repairs.

His partner in their farm in Orchard Farm MO, bought a M102 Business Class Freightliner, roughly same dimensions, Same size Tires but AIR Brakes, Allison Auto not a ZF, bigger third member and yet still a Family Sized Crew Cab.  Has 1/3 the expenses of repairs with a Cummins M Series even as both use DEF for a DOC System that one is not as problematic.  He is currently selling his 550, and is working to find a adequate M102 Freight Shaker.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic