This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Exodus from IL - when is Dennis moving ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Exodus from IL - when is Dennis moving ?
    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 9:26am
Seems Illinois is having a exodus of people that is now showing up in loss of revenue for the state - yet politicians say more taxes are needed and refuse to listen . Surrounding states are gaining from the movement as people seek states with low or no taxes and lower property taxes as well as other opportunities 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Sponsored Links

Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 9:42am
We are thinking of moving out of state because of our new yes man governor that will do whatever Mike Madigan wants.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 10:01am
My cousins are land locked with the farm, Niece and her brood are considering even as they already own their home where may be too Difficult to sell as NOBODY wants to move IN.

Pritzker has been quoted as wanting a gas tax RAPID/SEVERE increase plus add tax to farm fuels then add mileage taxes to mechanized equipment with odometers, then raise income and property taxes. Is this MORON even for real? Cannot see the writing on the wall as he Depresses his state's economy, what a BS Artist.

Have said before, taxes are finite, raise a tax on a material and that material gets used LESS, the ensuing revenue raises momentarily then returns to the pre-raise level. Property taxes raise people QUIT doing improvements and upgrades, taxes slump as properties decline in value while sales taxes for those repair and upgrade materials also decline. Income taxes raise, employers either decrease employment or workers move to better employment OUT of State, income taxes remain stagnant or actually decline.

Trump made a Great choice reducing income taxes, the return of investment by adding SALES tax revenues by seeing materials use escalate where more employers hire more people and income taxes although less per each increase in total. Stupid is as stupid does with Democraps.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 11:51am
Part of the article says everyone living in IL owes at least $11,000 to the state retirement fund just to pay for what is already promised to retirees . 

Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 12:34pm
A nation, state, or municipality can never tax itself into prosperity; just the opposite is true. As people move out property values are depressed and the tax digest goes down so the dumb politicians raise the millage rate just to get the same revenue and values are depressed further. Did these bureaucraps never take a course in basic economics? Taxpayers are not a source of unlimited revenue.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 10:07pm
My sister came back here to WI a few years ago, but I don't know if it's much better.  I still feel sorry for my two nephews who live there yet though. Cry
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 10:08pm
Is Illinois still the only state to boast that almost all of their former governors are all in prison? LOL
"Allis-Express"
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 10:43pm
Illinois is going to have a new motto.  It will n o longer be the "Land of Lincoln" but the new state motto will be "Where the governors make the license plates."
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 11:10pm
"Property taxes raise people QUIT doing improvements and upgrades,"...
   How can they keep putting down on your Re-estate tax notices things like  "improvements" on property when there has been nothing to improve it has been done... Or when a tornado went through and they still call that an improvement....  Right there is a justifcation to hang the dam county and state officials by their balls for taxation without representation...
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by Coke-in-MN Coke-in-MN wrote:

Part of the article says everyone living in IL owes at least $11,000 to the state retirement fund just to pay for what is already promised to retirees . 

Screw all those who the gov promised to retire on my back.I didn't make those phoney deals and they should suffer the consequenses for singing up. None of them SOB's are lining up to contribute to my retirement. PAY YOUR OWN WAY!!!
Kurt WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kurt WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 7:49am
Originally posted by SteveM C/IL SteveM C/IL wrote:

Originally posted by Coke-in-MN Coke-in-MN wrote:

Screw all those who the gov promised to retire on my back.I didn't make those phoney deals and they should suffer the consequenses for singing up. None of them SOB's are lining up to contribute to my retirement. PAY YOUR OWN WAY!!!

But but but they worked so hard and deserve it! 😉
WD D17D 170 190xt 190xtIII 200 7020
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 8:09am
They can also boast the two worst presidents in history.
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 2:58pm
They are all gonna miss the grand opening of that new library.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 3:15pm
Pritzker and Madigan are idiots, they are Gonna PROVE to the world they are idiots at the expense of the state of IL and don't care, they should NOT be imprisoned for this but EXILED like to Palestine West Bank.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 4:10pm
MI is about as bad.  The state raised the price of auto registration, and increased the state tax on gas.  These increases were to repair the roads.  I saw less road construction this summer than in any previous one!  I have 3 autos, the state requires me to pay almost $700.00 extra on them which is included in my car insurance.  Thanks to our current regime.   I sure will be glad to get the new Gov in office.

As far as the state employees retirement.  They pay into a retirement fund just like everyone else.  The problem is the fund has been raped by the politicians just like social security has been.  All retirement funds and social security, need to be changed to be controlled  by a private firm, who is held accountable for the funds.  The funds would not be available to any government entity, and stay funded for the retirees.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by john(MI) john(MI) wrote:

MI is about as bad.  The state raised the price of auto registration, and increased the state tax on gas.  These increases were to repair the roads.  I saw less road construction this summer than in any previous one!  I have 3 autos, the state requires me to pay almost $700.00 extra on them which is included in my car insurance.  Thanks to our current regime.   I sure will be glad to get the new Gov in office.

As far as the state employees retirement.  They pay into a retirement fund just like everyone else.  The problem is the fund has been raped by the politicians just like social security has been.  All retirement funds and social security, need to be changed to be controlled  by a private firm, who is held accountable for the funds.  The funds would not be available to any government entity, and stay funded for the retirees.

Why not just abolish all state required retirement, and give it to the workers, to invest themselves?Wink
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 8:46pm
Dave,you know the answer to that.....the poor babies wouldn't invest but would waste it  and end up with nuthin. Used to be called being responsible for yourself.Govt whores have screwed up everything they touch!
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 8:51pm
Well Jonnie, you better get ready to bend over even farther with the next one you got... 
  The dim dems in WI got their way in this election with a school soup as the new govern to be... one that promotes top pay for gov. employees and union and more taxes.... in all corners they can find to tax...
   Me thinks old Tony Evers should have ran for gov in Mindlesssota where taxes are already number ONE... 
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 10:07pm
Well JC, we must be a close 2nd.....
I've been wanting to move to a warmer state,,,,,,it's looking closer all the time.
"Allis-Express"
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 9:36am
We missed that guillotine chop this time around, still have a Repub Governor but they are already eyeing a rate increase to fuel tax and license fees as a mileage tax. Only saving grace is it HAS to be put to voters Yay or Nay so does NOT automatically go thru.

McCaskill is out, her replacement may be no better but at least SHE is Gone, tax and spend was all she knew, claimed to be helping the little guy while lining her current hubby's pockets all the time. Evil witch.
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by DMiller DMiller wrote:

We missed that guillotine chop this time around, still have a Repub Governor but they are already eyeing a rate increase to fuel tax and license fees as a mileage tax. Only saving grace is it HAS to be put to voters Yay or Nay so does NOT automatically go thru.

McCaskill is out, her replacement may be no better but at least SHE is Gone, tax and spend was all she knew, claimed to be helping the little guy while lining her current hubby's pockets all the time. Evil witch.

Yep, they tried to sneak a gas tax in this last election saying it was only going to cost a few cents the first year. Even the stoners that passed the medical marijuana by a 65/35 margin saw through that!
Maximum use of available resources!
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by john(MI) john(MI) wrote:

Careful there John, you are starting to sound like a conservative!!!!
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by DMiller DMiller wrote:

Only saving grace is it HAS to be put to voters Yay or Nay so does NOT automatically go thru.
Yeah and then they come up with 27,000 votes after midnight and our republican is out and a domocrat is in...  Oh,,,,,also I heard that all the overseas ballots are somewhere around Argentina, coming up with a walking mailperson...
"Allis-Express"
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 11:48pm
We had the county come up with a half a percent tax for 2 or 3 years, at the most 5 years, to pay for...?????    That had to of been 20 years ago now and we're still payin it...
"Allis-Express"
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 10:28am
Moderator,
How about moving this thread over to the political portion of the forum?
Regards,
 Chris

D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic