This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

electric vehicles

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: electric vehicles
    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 10:01pm
any of ya'll have one? i have found a small car on the web, as soon as i can figger out how to get it shipped to me from (gasp) China, it'll be here to drive.
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 10:10pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 10:47pm
I hear the prices are shocking! But, they can put a little spark in your driving!
a lot of us old school are showing a little resistance to implementing them. I currently have no opinion, but it would be frustrating to run out of juice 1/2 mile from home and no outlet!
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 2:08am

I currently have no opinion, but it would be frustrating to run out of juice 1/2 mile from home and no outlet!

Yeah,,thats the problem,,,with a conventtional car,,,you COULD catch a ride to a gas station, borrow a can and catch a ride back to the car and be on your way,,,,,,besides,,,, I heard,,,,they is puttin covid in the upholstery and carpets in time release capsules,,,,,,,,best watch them out,,Shameless
 Look at how little there is between you and the other car in a crash,,,,
 Also,,,don't think they make good COLD weather cars,,,,prolly melt right out from under you after drivin thru the salt on the roads,,,,,,CHIT,,,I ain't orderin one,,,,!!!!Wink
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 5:24am
My brother gets cars and trucks to 'road test and write reports' for years( great gig $$$ cars for free for weeks....)
anyway the BIG issue with ALL electrics and hybrids are the batteries ! If, IF, you get 5-8 years out of them you're doing GREAT. He said to get the 'exteneded warranty' that covers the $$$$ main battery.
mechanic says some of them ( check online) require a DAY ( $$$$$ ) to replace the main battery and that's NOT factoring any corrosion ( lotta salt up here...)
cost to recharge them is $$$$$$$$ up here at 25 cents per kWh.Unless you get a 'type 2 or 3' ? charge station even overnight will NOT get you 100%
I couldn't get into that 'lil red box'......and I'm just normal, 6'3", 200#, thin build.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 5:27am
Ya just carry a spare, in this case one of those little Honda generators on a luggage carrier with an extension cord😂😂
Dale, maybe you cover the roof of it with Harbor Freight solar panels!
Believe it or not, with a large Tesla presence here due to having a local dealer, a couple of the AAA road trucks have generators with charging cords to get enough in them to get to a charging station
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 5:54am
Have seen photos of those in use, a Diesel Generator running full tilt to rescue a dead electric truck!! If that is not oxymoron!!

The Prius and Leaf batteries are roughly on a six year failure rate, Honda will NOT install nor warranty a replacement unless replace with a full kit of all cables and attachment hardware, right now the 'Exchange' system is $7800 where at 6 years the cars are only blue booked around $4000
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 7:02am
doesn't Toyota require you to pass a test proving that you are an A$$hole driver before they will sell you a Prius???LOL
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 7:14am
I do believe YES!!!
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 8:05am
Originally posted by PaulB PaulB wrote:

doesn't Toyota require you to pass a test proving that you are an A$$hole driver before they will sell you a Prius???LOL

No hard statistics here, but based on my experience and observations only, I would say you are correct.
Wait for the Lord;
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 8:23am
I put the red car photo on here kind of as a joke. Dont know if your talking about that LITTLE or something like the PRIUS, etc.... The "POPULAR" cars are $20- 80K money... The one i posted is VERY POPULAR in China.. Sells for about $5000.   THey are called GRAMPAS CAR... Its to run around town, grocery store, take grandkids to school... It is basically a golf cart... 1 inch square tubing, one leaf spring crosswise in the front, small 10-15 HP motor, etc..
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 8:34am

YIKES,,,,,,!!!  Guys,,,Ya'll realize what this all looks like to our Good Buddy,,,,? He,,,,he,,,gonna think everybody is a'gin him and his "GREAT"  idea on them electric bills,,,,er electric cars,,,and he got him a long "List Of Retributions" he gonna be studyin on for the next 4 months til,,,,,,,,,,the first blizzar,,,,er,,,snowfall,,,,,Chit,,,I'm outa here,,,!!!!
Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 9:15am
Suppose he'll supplant Blizztober with Blizztember?  LOL 
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 9:25am
Are a number of the typical Japanese Korean and Chinese mini trucks available in the US, do NOT pass impact or safety restraint, practically ANY FMVSA requirements and do not pass EPA restrictions so are sold OFF Road ONLY, non licensable.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 11:54am
Apparently there is a protest against them here on the USA.  If there is a public charging station, there are people who will park in front of it to block it as much as possible.  I was at a restaurant  and someone had parked their full size pickup in front of two charging stations.  You'd need a long cord to use either one.  I'm not sure on what the deal is on the protest, but I did see reference to it on the net one time.  Makes no sense to me!

My motto toward anything you purchase: "Real Americans Buy What They Want"!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 11:58am
We had an electric truck at the dealership for a while. Not a good experience, batterys always down no ho inthe snow. No heater or defrost. Direct from China.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 12:52pm
I see the charging station at the Bell Store Stations around here in Ohio, but have never noticed anyone using them. Don't know what the cost is to use them
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 2:24pm
FORD is making a version of the F150 next year that is electric and i believe it has a small motor to run a generator to charge / boost itself when needed... I am not interested, but i would guess electric vehicles will go MAIN STREAM when FORD gets into it big time. .... Heard that GM is also looking into an electric truck, or backing a company that is.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 2:50pm
Yeah great for contractors and estimate writers that think it will impress clients that they are green. But just wait till the work needs to get done and these things fail to keep up then bill comes in.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by PaulB PaulB wrote:

From my own experience, there's a wrecked prius an the head of every traffic jam! Wink

My favorite of all the EV AH's is the birkinstock wearin smelly hippies, who take a perfectly good gas motor outta a G tractor(if there is such a thing!Wink), to dump a $5 grand 'lectric motor, batteries and solar panels in, to protect the environment, that they are cultivatin!Hug
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by john(MI) john(MI) wrote:

Apparently there is a protest against them here on the USA.  If there is a public charging station, there are people who will park in front of it to block it as much as possible.  I was at a restaurant  and someone had parked their full size pickup in front of two charging stations.  You'd need a long cord to use either one.  I'm not sure on what the deal is on the protest, but I did see reference to it on the net one time.  Makes no sense to me!

My motto toward anything you purchase: "Real Americans Buy What They Want"!

My only beef would be if they are publicly funded in any way. As long as ALL real costs are covered by the end user, fine by me. But, that would be ALL REAL costs, at market value
Wait for the Lord;
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 7:59pm
about a year ago, I was traveling in bumper to bumper, 0-40MPH stop and go traffic. I was in the right lane, needed to merge to left. just moving from a stopped period, fellow on left is holding way back, so I flip the turn signal and start to merge over, at same time returning my attention to traffic ahead of me so I do not rear end anyone. Well, despite there being plenty of room for me when I signaled and started across the line, next thing I hear is crunch, crumble, scrape, etc. What the...? look in left mirror and there is a fellow, eyes the size of dinner plates riding up on the Jersey Barrier with me pushing him up as I was merging left. Seems he had taken umbrage with me merging in front of him and had accelerated up to cut me off, except, I didn't see him because I was checking traffic in front of me. Those Prius's do have great acceleration, but, instead of cutting me off at the pass, he got stuck in the pass!!! OK, so now I see the problem, and begin going right, but he is stuck on me and I am dragging him with me, his eyes get bigger! Again, 30-40 MPH so, no biggie, we eventually separate and pull over. I accuse him of exactly what he did, he says it doesn't matter, it will go down as my fault and I am buying him a new car. week or two later, insurance adjuster for my company calls me asking about damage to his car, apparently he is claiming a lot more damage than should be. He says lots of damage on left side of his car, the Jersey Barrier side. The lying weasel! we both had noted, and commented how there was no damage to his left side, his tires had actually followed the foot of the barrier up the wall, and they were the only thing to contact the wall, the tires! that put the car at about a 10-15 degree angle, keeping the side of the car away from the wall.
In any case, I said to adjuster how he said at the time we was going to buy him a new car, but, not to worry, I had taken LOTS of photos of his car! I sent her the pics, never heard anything after that. It takes balls! he saw me taking the pics!

Edited by LouSWPA - 27 Jun 2020 at 8:03pm
Wait for the Lord;
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 10:40pm
steve ill...the 2 door one of the car you put the pic of (same company) costs $930. w/o batteries, it can use a lithium ion battery, or 5- 12V lead acid batteries. it has a 1.1 HP motor, goes right at 19 MPH full speed, seats 3-4 people. oversized golf cart...yes...but with an enclosed cab! has a back up camera, disc player, LED lights, luggage rack, 10 inch aluminum wheels, long life tires, wiper, sliding windows, turn sigs, charge gauge, speedo, adj seats, trunk, spare tire, outside mirrors,  pre-wired for solar, luggage rack, and a wide LED light bar on top. if i order it with batteries the cost is $1200. don't know what shipping is, but have seen it around $300.-$400. each. they sit crossways in a shipping container and are shipped inside a steel cage and wrapped in plastic and cardboard. they will fit between the fender wells on a full sized pickup. the 12V batteries are just normal batteries we use now with the bolt on top like marine batteries. that is the one i'm trying to buy, might get 2 of them. they are street legal unlike the little jap trucks they are shipping over here. and they plug into regular 120V recepicles for charging. one of my nieces and her hubby have 3 EV's, a BMW, a Telsa, and don't know the other...they have solar panels on all of them on the roofs, when at work the vehicles are always charged. the prices are correct on them....cheap,cheap,cheap! 1 year warranty.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 4:08am

Well,,,,Good Buddy,,,,let's just see,,,,,HMMmmm,,realisticly,,,,at 13 mph it should take you no longer than say,,,34 minutes to get to the coffee shop at 3AM,,,,? Thas not too bad,,providing the batteries are good and charged up nice and hot as them lights at 3AM gonna be takin away a lot of juice out them batteries,,,,,
 I will say this bout them little cars,,you'll be able to save lots of gasoline dollars by parkin them gas guzzlin suburbans,,,,,,??
 Is the highway in good condition from your house to town,,,,,?
 UMmmmmm,,,GOOD LUCK,,,,,Clap
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 8:38am
the 2 door one of the car you put the pic of (same company) costs $930. w/o batteries

Thats about what i pay for a good set of tires for my TRUCK !! LOL
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 12:55pm
19 mph tops and it's considered street legal? Maybe in the downtown areas on 30 mph limit streets, but I doubt it on the open road. $1,200 to $1,600 delivered ain't bad though. What's the undercarriage clearance if you have the specs?

Edited by chaskaduo - 28 Jun 2020 at 12:55pm
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 1:17pm
this guy bought one and shipped to the US... this is his take on it........

at the 3-4 minute mark he shows the frame / suspension / axles ... all golf cart type.

Edited by steve(ill) - 28 Jun 2020 at 1:23pm
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 1:39pm
Steve's  Video

[TUBE]kJk30Kj5jCA[/TUBE]

I wonder what the clearance under those track bars is. Looks like 3", which ain't much.

Here's one from the company.

[TUBE]Lz2jyPByaoE[/TUBE]

Mobile/WhatsApp: (86)18500525337 Wechat: safeandsound0118 Email: latty@minghongmotors.com

Chinklopy comes to mind. LOL

Edited by chaskaduo - 28 Jun 2020 at 2:09pm
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 3:19pm
we don't have a low speed limit anywhere here in NE except on the interstaes. if tractors can go down the streets and highways at 9-12 MPH, they are fine! if someone complains...i can put a SMV emblem on the back and there's nothing anyone can do about it! we took our golf cart camping with us once, was pulled over by a State Trooper (IA) and said the road by the campground was a state road and we couldn't drive it there.  we got to know each other since i was with the Sheriffs Dept here, so the next time we took it with us to the same campground i had a SMV emblem on the back of it and that same Trooper saw it and just shook his head! he said he thought i'd figger out a way to get around the law! LOL
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 4:47pm
Well buy it already! I can see your in Heart with her. I'm sure they can help you finger out how to ship it.

Edited by chaskaduo - 28 Jun 2020 at 4:49pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic