Unofficial Allis Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Politics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Election Year (Here we go again)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dstratton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Election Year (Here we go again)
    Posted: 18 May 2020 at 2:47pm
It's that time again... Election Year!  I know that emotions run high every four years and with the whole Corona thing, a lot of us are crankier and a bit crazier than usual.  So in light of that, please dial back the rhetoric a bit in this area of the forum.  You have a lot of freedom to express yourself here, but we can't tolerate personal attacks, anything that can be interpreted as a threat, and any kind of racism.  Present an opinion and be prepared to defend it with fact or logic.  Have a civil discussion and everything will be fine.  I won't take time to untangle a mess.  If a topic goes too far down the wrong roads I'll just delete the whole thing.  Let's avoid throwing too many rocks at each other.  Remember the red and blue chicken houses both have their share of weasels in them.
============================================================

Darin Stratton

3000toys.com - b2bReplicas.com - AllisChalmers.com

============================================================
Sponsored Links

Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 4:33pm
Thanks for the Reminder  Darin.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 5:48pm
Thanks for the reminder, Darin, I generally just attack user names, not real names, and I try to limit it to a funny nickname, only in this forum.  Good luck, keepin the chicks in line, and the weasels out.  Remember that the weasels generally show up, in months with an r in them!Wink

Edited by DiyDave - 18 May 2020 at 5:49pm
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Animal Cracker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Animal Cracker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 6:49pm
Thank you for your Leadership...  To bad it doesn't go farther than this site.       animal cracker !! said that.Big smile
pinball View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 7:29pm
i agree with you all the way but having said that there is 2/3 people that for some reason always want to stir the pot. don't respond to them and see what happens. a good honest discussion is good for everyone and always has been for any opened minded person. there is always two sides to every story. for now it wont change. when have news papers, tv that is 98 percent against a sitting president and the sitting president pushes back just as hard then this is what you get. parents taught us not to lie and call people names so we all should remember a courteous discussion is the best discussion. Obamas wife who i didn't really care for made a statement once. they take the low road we take the hi road, i can honestly say to both party's your roads are impassible. stay safe people.
Rich-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 8:42pm
OK.... point taken.....Thanks
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 7:58am
Hmmmm I hope I can hold back, that's not a joke! Wink
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Longmeadow Farm View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longmeadow Farm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 7:03am
Thanks Darin,
I  applaud your effort to tamp down the vitriol. The ad hominem  attacks and palpable rudeness often destroys  any possibility of a productive exchange of actual ideas ...leaning toward finding solutions to the most pressing problems of our day. Perhaps, with your guidance, the participants of this forum will now expand beyond the usual suspects and result in dismantling the echo chamber that it has become. 
Good luck and stay safe

Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 7:29am
Originally posted by Longmeadow Farm Longmeadow Farm wrote:

Thanks Darin,
I  applaud your effort to tamp down the vitriol. The ad hominem  attacks and palpable rudeness often destroys  any possibility of a productive exchange of actual ideas ...leaning toward finding solutions to the most pressing problems of our day. Perhaps, with your guidance, the participants of this forum will now expand beyond the usual suspects and result in dismantling the echo chamber that it has become. 
Good luck and stay safe

A sneaky way to sharpen a knife
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 8:46am
Thank you Darin.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic