This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

driving

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: driving
    Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 7:13pm
I was driving on a local county black top road this after noon, cruse set at 50mph. Had a State of Michigan car pass me on a double yellow line.
A little later I saw a State Trouper, so I stopped and had a short visit with him. He said that he would do a little patrolling in that area.

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
Sponsored Links

ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 7:35pm
State vehicles are exempt from all traffic laws!! RIGHT!!!! LOL!!!! thanks; ac fleet
Dipstick In View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dipstick In Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 8:24pm
I don't know about everybody else,,,,,,, but it is my understanding that in Indiana even the local, county, and state police are subject to the law,,,,,,,,,,,,, except when there is a valid reason.
The trick is to determine what is, and what is not valid.............
I know fire trucks AND ambulances have  some narrow permission slips......
You don't really have to be smart if you know who is!
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 9:15pm
trick is to write down the ID #'s, and thats kinda hard to do, when yer just myob, drivin along...Wink
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 7:07am
Back when I lived in OH, I was driving a hilly, winding, narrow road with no shoulder to speak of. Somewhere around Bremen. I crested a sharp hill, and there, PARKED, no lights,was a State Patrol car, trooper leaned over talking out the passenger window to a guy sitting on a lawn mower. I tell you, I had my friggin' hands full! Fortunately there was no oncoming cars and I was able to barely get around him. Had there been a car coming I would have smacked him square in the back at probably 45mph. Probably would have been "my fault" too!
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 7:12am
yep!
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 7:29am
Not that I would have went down without a fight, that was BS! I dang near turned around and gave him a piece of my mind. That probably wouldn't have ended too well either!!!

Lawn mower guy's driveway was just a few feet behind the cruiser and the dumbass parks in the lane.

Edited by Tbone95 - 20 Mar 2018 at 7:30am
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 2:23pm
I had a simular deal in North Carolina when I was driving semi only the trooper was over the top of a hill out of sight with a accident and I a came over the top dead heading end up jack knife in the ditch on the other side of the road. I was able to pull out it wasn't a deep ditch. He told me to go on down the road to a wide spot a wait on him, a guy standing by him started give him the devil for no flares on the road. I went down to the wide spot and stopped long enough to check ever thing out and I left.  
weiner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 5:09pm
Back when I was driving ambulance 40 years ago I was told that even when the lights and sirens were going we were asking for the right a way and needed to follow laws.   That was many years ago,  may have changed many times.
Real heros wear dogtags, not capes.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 5:17pm
While I haven't had to go to court over 'passing on a double yellow line' , up here WHITE lines are the law(same as all signage,like speeds), YELLOW denotes 'cautionery' information(like 'suggested speed on corners are yellow) I can't find it in the 'drivers handbook' let alone the Highway traffic act, but I do know a guy(lawyer ,go figure) that got ticketed for NOT stopping at a yellow yield sign. He argued sucessfully in court for about 2 minutes, YELLOW is cautionery, NOT a LEGAL requirement. Judge agrred, case dismissed. Some months later every yellow yield sign was replace with a black on white one.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 7:23pm
Wrote down a MO State car license and lodged a similar complaint, was told "would Look Into It" when I let the officer know I meant the person within the car that passed me on a double yellow ticketed. Was again told 'Would Look Into It'.

So time went on, I heard NOTHING back, had dates, position on highway at time and direction, even had the officer's badge number so called my local rep office. They called me back next day, was a STATE TROOPER in the car, NOT on duty and citation as well disciplinary actions taken. I received a copy of that report by mail. Was twenty years ago.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 7:54am

4 of the local "finest" went to a city about 60 miles south of here to get drunk.  On the way back, they pulled into a McDonalds in a town about half way.   As they were coming in to town, speeding, weaving, they were noticed by a cop.  The cop followed them into the parking lot, pulled up beside them as they were pouring half falling out of their car with a serious case of the drunk-giggles.  They all showed their badges when asked for ID.  The cop on duty (neighboring county) basically said guys, look, I can't pull you over like this and talk to you and then let you go into the McDonalds is the condition you're in and be seen like this.  How about you just get back in the car and go home, and take it easy on the way out of town.

So what do the 4 drunk cops do after being let off of numerous violations?  Basically they spread the word about what a a-hole the cop was.  Watch your back around him.  Can't trust him, etc.  Grateful, huh?

Sorry.  I have a real case of it for hypocritical cops that think the laws don't apply to them.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic