This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

dodge power wagon panel wagon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dodge power wagon panel wagon
    Posted: 13 Jan 2024 at 6:30am
I don’t need another project but???
Not far from here is a 1963 Powerwagon panel.
Has original 318 and has transfercase but missing transmission. Can’t new with a 3 speed sitting in the back.
Body needs work but doesn’t appear rusty.
Very neat rig.
Sponsored Links

thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2024 at 7:51am
Nobody NEEDS another project but I don't know that it's ever stopped any of us. Power wagon panel would be fairly uncommon
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2024 at 8:07am
Originally posted by thendrix thendrix wrote:

Nobody NEEDS another project but I don't know that it's ever stopped any of us. Power wagon panel would be fairly uncommon

First one I’ve seen.
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2024 at 8:28am
That's a cool looking rig. I still kick myself for not dragging home a 51 Suburban project. Had an 8.8 rear and Mustang II rack and pinion in place already. You should get it and post progress photos so we can live vicariously through you.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2024 at 8:31am
Thad... drag it down to Joes place and leave it there for a year or two.. HE NEEDS another job to keep him busy !!!  Wink
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2024 at 8:33am
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

Thad... drag it down to Joes place and leave it there for a year or two.. HE NEEDS another job to keep him busy !!!  Wink

I’m gonna give that serious consideration.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2024 at 8:35am
Originally posted by plummerscarin plummerscarin wrote:

That's a cool looking rig. I still kick myself for not dragging home a 51 Suburban project. Had an 8.8 rear and Mustang II rack and pinion in place already. You should get it and post progress photos so we can live vicariously through you.

I have a sneaking suspicion that my projects will be yard and house related for the next couple years.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2024 at 9:15am
Just buy it and Joe will come and fix it and visit his girl freind
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2024 at 9:30am

Well, like most of us here,,we all set aside some projects,,,Ya know for retirement in case we ever got bored,,,,LOLLOL
 OH,,and Steve,,,you Hush,,,,,,!!LOL
 I recently did a clean up of most of my "Retirement projects"  I sold a bunch, gave away a bunch and even had to close my eyes and threw some away,,,
 I'm geting close to finish of the one ton and my plan is to transport Ole Red up there over around that 397 place,,,he just don't know it yet,,,,LOLLOL
 Now, Thad,,You know I;ll halp you with that Power Wagon,,,as long as it don't need any body work, I will help with the painting tho,,,and,,,,,,and,,,NO under trk crawling around,Ya hear,,,,,LOLLOL                                                                                                                                                          
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2024 at 10:44pm
318 was available in CARS as early as '57, but if you haven't already taken a closer look... '63 would've also been possible for the 315 'Poly' V8... single rocker shaft for both intake and exhaust... it featured the hemispherical chamber, but on the Poly, the spark plugs are BELOW the rocker, not between the two (center fo the chamber).... 

Either way, a PowerWagon Panel Van of that era is an extreme rarity nowdays, I'd snag and drag it to safety even IF I couldn't do a restoration...

Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2024 at 12:34am

You know,,ole tadams is getting too dang good
at reading between the lines ain't he,,,,,WinkWink

Hey Dave,,I did not know the Dodge 318 of the 60's was a hemi design,,,,?? I do remember the Red Ram of the 50's tho,,,,,Clap
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2024 at 5:16am
Originally posted by DaveKamp DaveKamp wrote:

318 was available in CARS as early as '57, but if you haven't already taken a closer look... '63 would've also been possible for the 315 'Poly' V8... single rocker shaft for both intake and exhaust... it featured the hemispherical chamber, but on the Poly, the spark plugs are BELOW the rocker, not between the two (center fo the chamber).... 

Either way, a PowerWagon Panel Van of that era is an extreme rarity nowdays, I'd snag and drag it to safety even IF I couldn't do a restoration...

I know very little about Dodges but you’ve given me some material to research.
Never heard of those.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2024 at 5:41am
It appears to be a Poly like Dave described.
This thing is actually called a power wagon town wagon.
Has standard 8 bolt wheels and not the big bolt pattern 6 bolt wheels.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2024 at 8:55am
Again Thad, buy now and beg later. If it's not running and driving then get it that way and you might turn a little profit. Take it to a car show in Pigeon Forge TN and you could probably turn a good profit.

And if you need a hiding spot I'll come get it and bring it here. Then when you have time to forget about it.......

Edited by thendrix - 14 Jan 2024 at 8:58am
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2024 at 8:58am
Keep it at the Girl Friends Garage... Give Old Joe something to work on during the visits !!  
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2024 at 9:44am

Hey Thad,,,was I you,,, I'd keep playing "Hard To Get" ,,,and sooner than later,,you'll get one of them (Steve? ) to actualy volunteer to help pay for that Power Wagon,,just to see who gets to work on it,,,,,,WinkLOLClap
iowallis View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iowallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2024 at 5:43am
If you decide to get it, as mentioned Chrysler made 2 completely different 318s. The "big block poly" that you have if original and the smaller "LA' 318 that they started making in the late 1960s.

Check out the website for Vintage Power Wagons located in Fairfield, IA. Their catalog has a bunch of information about the different styles of Power Wagons and have many parts available for them. You could inquire to see if they have a transmission as they also sell used parts. 

I have dealt with them before, good group of people.
exSW View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exSW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2024 at 9:30am
You better grab that. "Townies" are highly sought after in the Power Wagon community. As to the 318. Only diff between a Poly "A" and the later small block "LA" or Late A is the heads. The head angle is different on the "A" leading to the appearance of being wider. Uses a different intake with longer runners(a good thing). The reason they went to the LA is cost of manufacture. The LA head is cheaper to mass produce.
Learning AC...slowly
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic