This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

dilema

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dilema
    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 8:35pm
went out to go to town in the dually the other day...the doors are all locked. i never lock my vehicle doors! the key fob wouldn't unlock them, nor would the key work to unlock them. any ideas short of breaking a window? PfffffT!
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 8:36pm
oh....it's a '03 Dodge
JTOOL View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JTOOL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 8:39pm
Sounds to me like your Body Control Module is acting up. Only advice for now is to call a pro (AAA or locksmith) to get you going.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 8:50pm
if all elect fails, the manual KEY is suppose to go into the door lock.. That dont work ?

Maybe has not been used for a long time and need sprayed with PENETRANT and worked around a little ??  Hold the little flapper open with a  small nail fill inside with penetrant.. install key and work it till it turns. You can use pliers, but dont get too heavy handed.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
soggybottomboy View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soggybottomboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 9:44pm
Could the battery in your key fob need to be replaced?
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 11:55pm
Around here the PD will come out with their Slim Jim's and unlock your doors. Our clean up guy was a whiz with them too. You might have a car dealership that could help you out.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 7:02am
Aren't modern computer controlled vehicles just the greatest thing ever Thumbs Down  Another good reason to keep my old things going. Thumbs Up
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 7:25am
You sure you aren't using the cheby fob?  Wink

Steve's description should be right on.  Have you tried both doors?

Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 10:35am
Call some of your law enforcement buddies or the local fire department. There should be a few "experts" in that crowd. The fire department could use it as a training opportunity. If you do decide to pop a window a sheet metal punch in a lower corner of the glass will do the trick. I keep my doors locked almost all the time, a habit I picked up from some of the areas I used to work in.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 10:44am
Guy I know locked his keys in his truck while he was hunting . Used the butt of his automatic shotgun to break out the small vent window . Had to replace the window and also repair the inner workings of his shotgun . Sounds like my kinda luck .
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 11:51am
Wink I would suggest you put that ca boom stuff, tammeright or what every it is on the door.LOL Been your helpful advice to others. LOL But since trucks are hard to get everybody is saying, give it another chance first. 

Check the battery in the fob, or the battery in the truck. And when the expert is out have them clean the manual lock so the key works next time the electronics act up.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 5:45pm
It saw you comin and said ain't no way in hell I'm takin him anywhere!!LOL

If you can get you hood open disconnect the negative battery cable for overnite. That'll reset a lot of things in the system.  Be sure to hook the battery up before trying to unlock it!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 5:56pm
HOW ABOUT THE KEY ??  FORGET THE ELECTRICAL SYSTEM !
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 8:03pm
THE KEY DON'T WORK, i have sprayed JB80 in the locks on both sides, been trying to get the fob apart without breaking it, i got 3 keys with the truck when i bought it, only one will work in the ignition, and none in any of the doors. the police depts and fire depts quit unlocking doors for people a long time ago. i'll try the battery unhook tomarrow.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 8:45pm
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 11:00pm
Cheap for what ails you and for not checking out the keys before hand.
Does the key go into the lock all the way?  If so, it could be a bad cylinder and stuck in the lock position and the electric won't move it.
BUT, if it does it to BOTH doors, it's more than likely a glitch in the puter chip.  But then that's what you get for having a .........er........one of them.........Dodges...
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 8:17am
Since he has 2 different kind of keys, im wondering if the ignition switch died and they installed a new one... Then it has a different key than original ... Now the key dont match the door... Goes in the hole but will not turn.... You would think the TWO  keys that dont fit the ignition would be the OLD DOOR KEY ?

Edited by steve(ill) - 22 Jul 2021 at 8:18am
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 9:35am
I don't understand how the door locks aren't working with the key either.  Not likely they're both completely frozen at the same time.  Obviously, does not have (never did have?) the correct key for the doors.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 3:12pm
yea.... but if you NEVER used either for 18 years ??? ...... its possible  they FROZE ?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 9:21pm
i just bought the truck last year!
Dennis J OPKs View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis J OPKs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 10:37am
Entirely different situation but if there was a small child inside the local law enforcement/fire dept. will get if open one way or the other. They try the no damage approach first and if that doesn't work-good bye glass.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 1:47pm
  You might have just bought it last year but did you try the keys in the doors when you bought it? Someone might have changed the door locks or doors and didn't give you the right keys.
wjohn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 9:53pm
shameless my '03 Dodge has power locks and a keyhole on the driver's door only... Is that how yours is, and that one won't take either of your keys? I've never bothered putting a battery in the fob deal and just use the key since I have to have the key to start it anyways.

Steve, someone would've had to change the lock cylinder in the ignition in order for the key to be different... The ignition switch is a separate unit behind the lock cylinder and is a common part to go bad on these trucks, but it's a pretty easy replacement. I'd think it be more likely the driver's door got replaced from a junk yard, maybe.
1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 10:19pm
OK... but he still has 3 keys and only one fits the ignition.. What are the other two for ?  Should be the  new door key ?  Still think I would be playing with those two keys and a pair of pliers and the door lock..

Edited by steve(ill) - 23 Jul 2021 at 10:23pm
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 10:38pm
the truck is open...WooHoo! i took the fob to O'reilys auto parts, they have a machine that tells you if the fob is good or not (how? i dunno) anyways...they got it apart without breaking it and checked the contacts, said the battery was still good. they fiddled around inside the fob and put it back together. i took it home and tried it and the doors unlocked! double WooHoo! one of the other keys is the one that has the dealers ID tag with the info hand written on it, it don't do nuthin on that truck. the place i bought this truck at had another Dodge dually there, prolly belongs to it. no...i never thought about trying the keys when i bought it...just took for granted. funny on how we all forget little things when buying a vehicle. anyways...now i can drive it again. the truck is fun to drive, just gotta know where them back fenders are all the time! lol thanks ya'll for your imputs 
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 10:40pm
oh...and i'm gonna go to the local Dodge dealer (woodhouse) and prolly get sum key made.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 10:43pm
I added a KEY PAD to the outside of the door on my old 2002 FORD.. No wires involved.. It is basically a REMOTE like the FOB, but you program in a 5 digit code.. Bought it on e-bay 15 years ago !  Just double stick tape to the door.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 12:21am
weather elements must not bother it huh Steve?
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 7:25am
Good that you got your truck unlocked Shameless!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 8:57am
Shammers, i dont see the stick on remotes for the DODGE... But you can get a FOB, or a KEY to unlock the door. Normally to program the FOB or KEY you need TWO KEYS to start with, so a trip to the dealer ( key guy) is needed...Dealer may charge $100. to make a key and program in... Just an option that you could also have a FOB to open the door...

These all rely on a BATTERY and SIGNAL... Another option is to get them to just make a mechancial KEY for the door to UNLOCK it manually.. no battery needed !! ..... but it is a GREAT idea to have a second ignition key.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic