This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Did a Dummy!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Did a Dummy!
    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 2:01am
Yesterday I backed the truck up to a tree I need to cut down.  While I was cutting branches I ended up falling out of the bed.  Broke four ribs and cracked a fifth.  Doc was impressed I didn't end up dead!  Since I'm over 65 the nurse had to do a fall report.  Now that there was silly in this case.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Sponsored Links

SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 6:40am
This happens when our bodies no longer keep pace with our minds.BTDT
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 7:07am
Originally posted by SteveM C/IL SteveM C/IL wrote:

Well my mind is having a hard keeping up also.

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
bikley View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 7:11am
get better soon
at least you have a mind I lost mine a long time ago Big smile

Originally posted by Dusty MI Dusty MI wrote:

Originally posted by SteveM C/IL SteveM C/IL wrote:

Well my mind is having a hard keeping up also.

Dusty
Chuck(ONT) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck(ONT) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 7:23am
Sorry to hear that. I learned that over 65 you don't admit to anything. 
Never take life too seriously.

Nobody gets out alive anyway!

1C 1 WD45 1 AC180
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 7:48am
And I can't get up. Wink Cracked and broken ribs are just about the worst.

Edited by chaskaduo - 07 Aug 2019 at 7:49am
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 8:14am
John,
Get well soon! Back of a truck, chainsaw, tree, yea not a good combination. Sure sounds like something I would do also!
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
old farmer View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote old farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 8:22am
Get well soon. I have a pole saw so I can cut standing on the ground, no ladders for me.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 9:22am
Broken ribs don't feel good at all. Sounds like something I would do. My mind is always writing checks that my body can't cash. Did you tell the nurse you fell jumping out of the bedroom window because your girlfriend's husband came home early? LOL
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 9:48am
Ouch ! I lightly cracked one rib, falling off bicycle 25 year ago. Coughing and laughing da*ned near killed me.
When we get older ,we're supposed to 'work smarter NOT harder'.....
you are very lucky you didn't puncture a lung...

Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 10:00am
Hmm - now i know why I have been just looking at the trees and say - ya I should cut those branches off - one of these days . 
 Bought one of them pole saws but need to get the generator running as it's a 120 V electric one from Harbor Freight . 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
weiner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 2:34pm
I broke 5 ribs in an accident so I know your pain.  Will pray for speedy recovery.  I put gas in my truck last night and stuck my card in the paper receipt space and had to get help to get it back out.  Yes I felt really stupid,  but the attendant insisted it happens all the time.  
Real heros wear dogtags, not capes.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 3:13pm
I feel your pain, I fell and went 2 weeks before I went to the doctor, when they done x-ray I had cracked ribs a lung clasped, yes don't laugh or cough and move slowly
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 7:55pm
I’m very sorry to hear of your pain and hoping for a speedy recovery. Very grateful you’re able to get on here and tell us and you’re not stuck in some hospital.
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 8:38pm
I had broke ribs way back when I was young,,I mean like early 20's...I don't care who you are,,broke ribs HURT,...
So, if your ever in a fight and wanna hurt someone, break their ribs,, that will hurt til they heal up....

Edited by Michael V (NM) - 07 Aug 2019 at 8:39pm
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 10:24pm
Thank you guys for all of your concern and the chuckles, it helps.  I found that if I sniff it hurts all the way down my body.  Who woulda ever thought your nose used that many muscles!  I've just been taking pain meds and the doc also prescribed these patches you put on where it hurts, they have lidacaine on them and they help a lot.  If I go to bed and lay on my back that's the way I will wake up, no tossen and turnin.  Sure gonna be a rough six weeks to heal, but I bet the pain decreases week to week, at least I'm hoping!
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 1:54am
I too hope you heal fast...I know that kinda pain too...uh...from doing something else that I won't mention here! I did find that having a flatbed onna pickup works well when trimming/cutting trees! with my bad back, sometimes I use my one truck to lean against while cutting a tree with a saw, have never dropped a tree on it yet!
Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 4:16am
Prayers for quick healing John. Next time don't forget to tie yourself into truck so you can't fall out. When I was a youngster, several times I would fall off a wagon while shoveling off corn or beans. Guess I would get so concentrated on the work I would back up, hit the side of the wagon and out I would go. Glad I'm not so dedicated to my work these days.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 7:13am
Sorry to hear of your accident. When working for MDOT the safety people told us to always work smarter! One older employee up in the high lift dropped a limb on the bed of the truck where another employee had just put a brand new chainsaw! Smashed that saw! And the man doing the cutting was our safety coordinator! Nobody liked to work around him as he was dangerous! If you wanted to work safe stay away from Pat!
Gordy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 8:07am
I know how that feels I was unloading some scrap iron from pkup picked up an old plow bottom was about 60 pounds there was a piece of rod on it that caught in the front pocket of the heavy jacket it had on and when I threw it over the side it took me with it landed on top of it. Friends still laugh but I didn't think it was so funny at the time.   
“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough”
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 11:55am
Don’t read the funny pages for a few weeks.
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 1:19pm
John you are not the only one. Last weekend I was on the four wheeler with the 4 year old grandson and he wanted to drive. That was a mistake as he nailed the throttle. I went off the back and he fell off the side. I got road rash on my back and sore from head to foot and he got a bump on the head. Lesson learned.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 1:35pm
Stan your gonna make John laugh. LOL Hope you two are OK and can laugh about it too. Wink

Edited by chaskaduo - 08 Aug 2019 at 1:36pm
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 1:44pm
It was a definite what were you thinking moment. Lucky his mom and dad were not around so let's keep this on the down low.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 5:25pm
Now that's funny, my little one would have been blabbing it as soon as he saw my daughter. Shocked

Edited by chaskaduo - 08 Aug 2019 at 5:26pm
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 8:32pm
God Bless a speedy recovery!
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 11:43pm
There was another guy there and I did ask him to hold my beer.Big smile
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by Sugarmaker Sugarmaker wrote:

John,
Get well soon! Back of a truck, chainsaw, tree, yea not a good combination. Sure sounds like something I would do also!
Regards,
 Chris
You can add a ladder in the back of the truck for me.....,..but I didn't fall,,,,,,THANK GOD!

My chainsaw just quit,,,,,,,,it's broke,,,,,maybe thas a good thing?
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic