This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dang Varmints!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2022 at 9:34pm
Yes, VarmitCong
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Sponsored Links

KJCHRIS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KJCHRIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2022 at 2:08am
I've used mice n rat bait boxes and the bait for them. We had that issue several times in a back lot that had low use cars & pickups there over the winters. After rewiring 3 or more vehicles every spring it made sense. I don't know if it's squirrels, rabbits, rats or mice and really don't matter. Not sure why but they chewed on Chevy & GMC left the Ford & Dodge alone. 1 of the mechanics said GM used a grain based oil for lube on the wiring ( not sure but ?? ). I fixed some 2x6 scraps to them after 1 got carried over near a fence, looked like raccoon prints. 
 Get some bait boxes and keep them baited. IF your garage is full it may need a box in there also. 
AC 200, CAH, AC185D bareback, AC 180D bareback, D17 III, WF. D17 Blackbar grill, NF. D15 SFW. Case 1175 CAH, Bobcat 543B,
KJCHRIS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KJCHRIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2022 at 2:10am
B T W, I use the boxes at farm bldgs starting late summer thru winter. Helps keep critters out of bldgs and away from the bins. I've no dog or cats so bait not any issue. 
AC 200, CAH, AC185D bareback, AC 180D bareback, D17 III, WF. D17 Blackbar grill, NF. D15 SFW. Case 1175 CAH, Bobcat 543B,
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2022 at 7:20am
There was a 2019 Tahoe that came in the shop a couple of months ago that had an freon leak. 1234YF freon is some expensive stuff. $500 for a recharge just for the freon. Stuffed a little in it and it was coming from the right rear fender well. Took the inner fender out and a rat chewed up about a foot of aluminum line and one little bitty hole in the high side line. Must have gassed his ass because he was still there deader than a hammer.

Replacement from the dealer was 4K for the line assembly. I found splice fittings just for AC aluminum lines. Worked really well. Never used them before.
I have seen rats chew up a lot of stuff but not aluminum.
I have pics on my phone but don't know how to get them on here.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2022 at 8:23am
squirrels got to one of my trucks last year, still trying to get it going, put moth balls, rat/mouse bait, in the engine and cabin areas, frebreeze sprayed in there seemed to work the best! good luck on yours!
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2022 at 9:30am
Have tried all that and the TomCat bait on the tried and true spring mouse trap is the ultimate solution for me. The downside is the regular check on my trap lines.
I set them on the floor of the cab Interiors as well as around the building. Caught 6 in the pickup since November
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2022 at 12:04pm
The soy in insulation has been close to 30 years I think. Because that is when critters started looking for wires to chew.

The vineyard had a new 45 HP New Holland tractor the pack rats packed the under hood area full 2 years as it sat from Nov to Feb. After the first time there was always rat bait out. Bait helped but did not stop them, but nobody went in the shed for a month or more at time that time of year.

So T since you don't have time for in person measures, I think you will need bait and moving the "bird" feeders as far away as you are allowed.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2022 at 12:12pm
I guess if I can secure the bait so it stays put I’ll do that too. Sure don’t want the dogs to chew on it. The one got into it several years ago, caught her right away, and she still barely pulled through.

The one car they got to is a daily driver!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic