This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D2200. Injectors stuck

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 615_259 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D2200. Injectors stuck
    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 7:36pm
Hi all
Working on stripping down a d2200
Any tips on removing stuck injectors? Is there a special tool?
Just got as 615 with a broken rod and a hole in the block. Hopefully between 2 engines and a spare block I can get 1 good runner
Any help is appreciated
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 5:58am
They would carbon and rust into the bores. I used to have a slide hammer attachment to get under the bolting ears and hammer them out but has been gone for over fifteen years now. Is a seal just under the head of the body that does not seal all that well allows moisture over long time to accumulate and rust them in place. Email Doc Allis on here and see if he has one to pattern for making your own.
615_259 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 615_259 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 6:17am
Thanks for the advice
I was thinking about the slide hammer tool,
My son and I run a small fabrication/mach shop so making something is not an issue.
I am new to this forum, so how would I contact Doc Allis?
Jeff
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 6:35am
Should be able to Message him, by going to a post of his then pulling up his address by clicking on his ID. Can also search member list, DrAllis

Edited by DMiller - 18 Jan 2020 at 6:37am
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 6:55am
Make a 1/2" thick plate and drill holes to match the injector hold down bolt holes. Use grade 8 bolt and nuts. Weld nut to the center for slide hammer. May have to remove exhaust to get room. I would prefer to have engine as hot as possible to help them pull easier. They are rusted in place. Lots of WD40 or whatever your choice of magic juice is.
615_259 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 615_259 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 11:54am
Thank you for your response,
Will probably work on something this week.
Don't know how long this do or motor has been sitting but they are stuck! Will keep applying making juice while we wait.
Picking up the tractor next week after we recovered from snowmageddon
I'm sure ther will be many more posts as I move forward with this project
Thanks again
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic