This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

d21 vs 7030

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: d21 vs 7030
    Posted: 31 Jan 2015 at 7:01am
Was wondering what would be a beter tractor for hot farm/farm stock a d21 or 7030. what u all think
Sponsored Links

DarrylinWA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarrylinWA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2015 at 7:10am
D 21. A lot lighter tractor to start with. Put a D 17 narrow front on mine and can pull in 8 or 9. And have another can pull 9 and up.
B 10 Custom. Serial # 1001 D21, First D21 built 69 #4498 and Last D 21 Built #4609. 1946 MM UTU. And 2000, 2005 Pete's. AC custom Hauling.
ACFarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACFarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2015 at 8:49am
Farm stock, a 7030 would work. Anything above that, go with a D21/210/220. With the d21 being the lightest. Although we had my 210 down to 8000 with a roll bar and some moveable weight.
Making A living everyday farming with and working on Allis Equipment
Ronnie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2015 at 1:03pm
I don't won't to get to hot that I can't plow with it in the spring.it would be easier to find a 7030 cheap right
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2015 at 5:34pm
Yes, a 7030 can be had for much less money. The plus side is you'd get a 2 speed shift on the go, for mild pulling is a real benefit. It will take some mods to make it last. A lot of power can be extracted from a 7030! lol!
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
Ronnie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2015 at 7:16pm
That what I was thinking 2 speeds r nice
Jwmac7060 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jwmac7060 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 8:51pm
How hot could you get a bone stock 7030/without changing injectors and lines
Ronnie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2015 at 6:11am
I would like to know the answer to that to
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2015 at 7:45am
225 hp would be about it. You can't just turn up a pump and not do anything with the injectors. If I were to rework the injectors, putting in 7080 nozzle tips, then 250-275 could happen. Could get to around 300 or slightly more if I could change the pump head to a .310. Then if you want big power, but still require a roosa, I have a custom designed adapter to put the older style DB/DC pumps on the 7000 series front plate. This allows putting on a .450 DB pump with no machining. Now, at that level, bigger lines are required, as well as EDM work on the nozzles. A different turbo is a must as well. 3LM466, or an S300 is a nice match. By the time you get the fuel and air system all set up, expect a little over $5K The potential is there for over 500hp.
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
mattb View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2015 at 8:19am
our pulling club is trying to start an antique blower class 10 mph 354cubes 5000lb how much can I get out of the 301 in my 17 I have the pump injectors and turbo off a 7000 laying here. have to use a rotary pump.
Mattman View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mattman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2015 at 9:16am
I know a guy who put a narrow front on a 7020 to drop weight. "Looks awesome"!
O.P.S. Heads View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.P.S. Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2015 at 9:32am
Matt B:

Enough power to turn everything behind the flywheel into dust depending on which rotary pump, injectors, and turbo you use. You might get away with it for a while if you can run direct drive in the transmission.

That would be an awesome class for a 301, just put it in a driveline that will put up with the abuse. A 180 or an older 190 could make 5000 lbs. Don't eat a big breakfast on the morning of the pull.
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2015 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by mattb mattb wrote:

our pulling club is trying to start an antique blower class 10 mph 354cubes 5000lb how much can I get out of the 301 in my 17 I have the pump injectors and turbo off a 7000 laying here. have to use a rotary pump.

The 7000 pump will not be much help for building a puller. What is your 301 out of? Does it have the DM or DB pump on it already? The 7000 turbo may not be a bad thing though. 10mph rule will help you from having to have gobs of power to be competitive. 
mattb View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2015 at 12:37pm
my 301 has a simms inline pump on it now but I hear its gotta be a rotary pump. its a purple 301 truck engine im gonna get my parts rounded up tonight and check to see what I really have thanks
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2015 at 12:51pm
ok, so a simms used the same mounting flange pattern as the DM. The 7000 pump could be built up to get some pretty good performance, but depending upon what you need, the .450 DB adapted on would be the most power potential for you. It all depends on needs, and wants, and mostly Budget!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic