This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D17 3 point?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSTROM99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D17 3 point?
    Posted: 29 Dec 2023 at 6:09pm
My "search" functionality is not productive.  I'm sure there are more than a few  posts like/about this, but...

D17 Series III.  Snap coupler ends are gone.  What's the best option/source for a three point system, so I can run modern implements?  I'll need to keep/have PTO function still.

New/used?

Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2023 at 6:47pm
this is simple.. takes the place of your drawbar... you need to add a TOP LINK / anchor.

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2023 at 6:54pm
OKTractor sells BOTH versions... and cheaper...

GSTROM99 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSTROM99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2023 at 10:07pm
Thanks!
GSTROM99 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSTROM99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2023 at 8:27am
I think I'm going with the one that mounts to the drawbar (lets/makes me leave it on).  I'll need the top bracket.  Any quirks on the install I should be aware of?  Any special top link needed?

I now need to also start looking for tillage tools and probably a mower...  It has a rear hyd outlet.  How big of a chisel will this pull?

Edited by GSTROM99 - 30 Dec 2023 at 8:33am
cjarosz View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cjarosz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2023 at 4:18pm
I have a worksaver 3pt on my WD45 and like it has everything needed and you still keep your drawbar on the only problem would be it would not be fun to unbolt every time a snap coupler implement was used but if you aren’t going to use them then this is the hitch I recommend
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2023 at 5:34pm
Top link on that chassis typically needs to be a little shorter to get the geometry correct.
AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2023 at 5:43am
Buy a pair of used lift latches and the adapter from OK Tractor that bolts to the drawbar.  Job done.
AaronSEIA
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2023 at 8:23am
If you take off the lift latch adaptor, it appears the hitch would pin directly to the lift arm.... dont know if it has enough "side swivel" or enough movement ???

Edited by steve(ill) - 31 Dec 2023 at 8:24am
GSTROM99 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSTROM99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2023 at 9:22am
I went with OK's, and their upper link mount.  They have good pics, showing it bolted to my bare lift arms, and it uses/clears the draw bar for side to side sway.  

$185 for shipping (!). Cry

What's with the $90 "top link screw" they list?  Will I need that?
https://www.oktractor.com/osc/screw-lift-link

What length (adjustable) top link should I be looking for?  or should I wait and measure with it installed?

Edited by GSTROM99 - 31 Dec 2023 at 9:28am
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2023 at 11:40am
I would try talking to Jim at OK. He should be able to answer all questions.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2023 at 12:35pm
I dont think you need that "SCREW"... you need just a top link that looks like this... normally $30-40. . You can buy on line or at Farm Store... they come various lengths and each is adjustable over a range of several inches....

I would just get the 3 point installed, connect your disc or blade and then measure which length would be best to keep things LEVEL.

Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2023 at 8:29pm
I might have one. I’ll look tomorrow. If so, I’ll bet you can buy ours pretty cheap.
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
GSTROM99 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSTROM99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2023 at 10:05pm
Thanks.  I already ordered the conversion kit from OK.  I'll wait on the top link (and pins), for now...

Edited by GSTROM99 - 31 Dec 2023 at 10:05pm
AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2024 at 5:23am
Originally posted by GSTROM99 GSTROM99 wrote:

What's with the $90 "top link screw" they list?  Will I need that?

That looks like a lift arm leveling screw for the tractors listed.  You don't need that.  Any $40 category 2 top link from a farm store will be fine.
AaronSEIA
GSTROM99 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSTROM99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2024 at 8:41am
Good.  Thanks.
1963D17 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1963D17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2024 at 11:33pm
The top link bracket bolt's under the seat and then goes down and bolts under the pto shield. You can buy them. I made my own. 
JimD View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2024 at 11:55am
Gary, I sent you your tracking number this morning.  The hitch should be there in the next day or two.  Thanks for your order, and if you have any questions at all, just give me a hollar.
As Steve mentioned, you can remove those T bars at the top and I usually use the same bolt through the arms.  Some have put hardened pins in.
JimD
Owner of OKtractor.com PM for an instant response on parts. Open M-F 9-6 Central.

We have new and used parts. 877-378-6543
GSTROM99 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSTROM99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2024 at 12:35pm
Yep, got the TN.  I don't think my other tractors here want to share, so I'll look for a top link, locally.  What length do you think?
JimD View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2024 at 12:42pm
Category 1 has always worked fine for us.  About 24" if I remember correctly. Shorter wouldn't hurt as I have never had to run one all the way out. The last one I had here literally just left.  I turned around to measure and realized my son was on his way to UPS with it.

Edited by JimD - 03 Jan 2024 at 12:44pm
Owner of OKtractor.com PM for an instant response on parts. Open M-F 9-6 Central.

ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2024 at 4:26pm
Bought my D 15 3 point from Jim and I'm pretty sure I use the shortest top link TSC had. Good luck!
JimD View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2024 at 5:28pm
Yes, the D15 does need a bit shorter.

GSTROM99 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSTROM99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 1:46pm
Rec'd the hitch today.  FAST!  Now, to get the wrenches out...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic