This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D15...it’s a shame

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MDWilliams338 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDWilliams338 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D15...it’s a shame
    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 12:27pm
Found this listing on fleabay for a D15 and emailed the owner about buying it as is but they rather strip it or rather sell the tractor and buy parts extra...not necessarily complete for a single sale and still he’d rather not do that.Heartbreaking to see this old stuff get parted out. I see this a lot with vintage firearms and guitars (more expensive habits I have) but usually most of these items are so far gone beyond repair that putting the parts up are a good thing.But I don’t understand it for stuff like this.And maybe I look at it all wrong.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F392582135530
‘42B,’45B,’48C,’51CA,’52CA,’69170,1935WC,1936WC,WD,WD Highcrop,WD45,WF,D10/14/15/17/19

It isn’t how you die.It’s what you live for.-Daniel Boone
Sponsored Links

TimNearFortWorth View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimNearFortWorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 12:44pm
Doubt he will get that price as removing plenty of parts off the engine will also not help him, interesting reasoning for removing all the parts he lists when he obviously will be selling those as well.
Gotta pick thru these ads anymore as some are pretty wild.
160 rebuild kits are more than 149 and 138's but I think this guy is more than a bit high. Maybe he has been around the green too much, thinking this is a slam dunk.
Sadly, I think you will see more of this as some think once the trans needs rebuilt, nobody wants them and they will part em' out.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 12:54pm
yeah right, 'good running engine' for 2,000 USD and it won't include stuff NEEDED to be running....
we got one of them 'farm equip' dealers up here 'Stoneage', HUGE $$$ for scrap, some G parts on skids have been there 7+ years !!

One problem is everyone 'says' you can make MORE $$ selling parts than a complete tractor though I've never done that. Heck I couldn't give away , two complete D-14 style loaders 2 years ago..China got them for about $27.

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 1:24pm
Mike,
 That picture may be deciving? As it sounds like some of the tractor has been torn down already?? I think his price is a little high but not if it runs as good as it looks??? Make him a offer.
 Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDWilliams338 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by Sugarmaker Sugarmaker wrote:

Mike,
 That picture may be deciving? As it sounds like some of the tractor has been torn down already?? I think his price is a little high but not if it runs as good as it looks??? Make him a offer.
 Regards,
 Chris

Na Chris....I gave up already,now he says $2950 complete but you’re right there’s missing pieces. And yeah seems like a shoddy reason for parting it out over freight damage🤔 .And yet still doesn’t want me to come after it.
‘42B,’45B,’48C,’51CA,’52CA,’69170,1935WC,1936WC,WD,WD Highcrop,WD45,WF,D10/14/15/17/19

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 3:11pm
2K for a non running, non complete engine a LITTLE high ??!!!
yikes, I've bought a COMPLETE D-14 with 3 implements for a 1/4 of that.OK, it took me 2 weeks of patience to get her running...and it Still is !
got a bit of Shameless flakes on it now though.....

Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Boss Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 7:27pm
I worked for Wisconsin Tractor Parts when I was younger. Some of the tractors we tore a part would make a person cry. Drove several into the shop then tore them down for parts
PeteMN View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeteMN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 8:13pm
For a legitimate salvage business that has high demand for good used parts I can see taking a complete tractor and parting it out.  Its hard to get good parts from a wore out wreck.  Sure it makes people cringe thinking about it, but one good parts machine may help a bunch of other machines get fixed up and put back to work.  Where else are those parts going to come from when manufacturers discontinue producing them?
festus51 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote festus51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 8:25pm
He took a butt load of parts off the engine  it would be might expensive to get it running after buying the parts required to repair.
We the unwilling Led by the unqualified Doing the impossible for the Ungrateful
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDWilliams338 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 5:26am
Originally posted by PeteMN PeteMN wrote:

For a legitimate salvage business that has high demand for good used parts I can see taking a complete tractor and parting it out.  Its hard to get good parts from a wore out wreck.  Sure it makes people cringe thinking about it, but one good parts machine may help a bunch of other machines get fixed up and put back to work.  Where else are those parts going to come from when manufacturers discontinue producing them?

I get this,I totally do and like I said ,I see this working/collecting vintage firearms and guitars and most times the items are wrecks beyond repair. I was just interested in this one in the BIN price with what’s there (didn’t seem too far gone) without it being stripped further and obligingly going after it to take the ‘broken pieces from freight ‘ excuse out of it and it just wouldn’t work. Came to $2950 not being stripped plus I still couldn’t pick it up. But it’s his tractor to do how he pleases and I get that.

Gary Burnett View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 5:32am
Originally posted by PeteMN PeteMN wrote:

Yep you get good used parts from good tractors,you get broken up worn out used parts from worn out broken up tractors.The tractor in question probably has major transmission
issues that would easily cost way over any price the owner could get for the repaired tractor.
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 8:52am
Don't know where this is at but if you look at CHUCKE2009 latest video on freight damage I would believe it depending on where the freight goes to or comes out of. One of my daughters works for FEDEX delivering packages and she does an excellent job but from what I've heard there are plenty of crappy drivers and loaders who really don't give a darn. The closer you are to a big city the worse it gets.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2019 at 1:00pm
SACRIFICE
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
Just because you do not have the tools for job , it dose not make it a bad design.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic